UAW summons Union Leaders

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes Kirk...Sorry been there, if you don't like the way the company is headed click the sell button.

Good luck and have a nice day

:headscratch:

That runs counter-intuitive to half of the very reason people buy stock in the first place - to influence company behavior. If you don't like that shareholders are rightfully involved in the process of running the company, I suggest you find a job with a privately-owned company instead.

Edited by NickF1011

:redcard:

Do you not think it's big news? What happens in the contract affects a lot of people outside of the contract print.

I think it's huge news.....to me. But I am an employee.

And, if you're concerned about the people that are affected outside of the contract, start buying American you import shill.

How many shares of Ford do you own, anyway?

That runs counter-intuitive to half of the very reason people buy stock in the first place - to influence company behavior. If you don't like that shareholders are rightfully involved in the process of running the company, I suggest you find a job with a privately-owned company instead.

How many shares of Ford do you own?

How many shares of Ford do you own?

None of your business. :P

But if you really must know? None.

So why would I be interested in any of this, you ask? Because I like Ford Motor Company and want to see them succeed. That includes their products, their employees, and everything else related to the company. These negotiations are critical to the health of the company and the employees, so I'm interested in knowing how they are going.

Edited by NickF1011

If it doesn't come with product commitments, don't expect it to pass.

Not that it is anybodies business besides Ford and its employees.....

Product commitments?

Does ford get sales commitments too?

The UAW and ford make this the public's business.

Edited by kpc655

Easy...Big person, how many shares are outstanding, so every person is allowed to dictate company policy?

We know it doesn't work that way and it can't work like that. A stock purchase is also a vote of confidence in the direction a company is being run. I have a lot of Ford stock but I don't think it entitles me to dictate policy. Have a good day.

Product commitments?

Does ford get sales commitments too?

The UAW and ford make this the public's business.

Well, since Ford wants their employees benefits and compensation to match the competitions, when does Ford's management have to do the same?

There are caps on Japanese executives. Put that in our contract, I would vote for it.

Easy...Big person, how many shares are outstanding, so every person is allowed to dictate company policy?

We know it doesn't work that way and it can't work like that. A stock purchase is also a vote of confidence in the direction a company is being run. I have a lot of Ford stock but I don't think it entitles me to dictate policy. Have a good day.

I take it you've never participated in a shareholder vote before, have you?

By this same logic, we--the shareholders, the curious, etc.--should also be "in the loop" when a company is negotiating with a potential CEO or other executive, or handing out bonuses, etc.

I'm for openness in all of it . . . but we only ever get to peek in at it when it involves the little guys . . .

By this same logic, we--the shareholders, the curious, etc.--should also be "in the loop" when a company is negotiating with a potential CEO or other executive, or handing out bonuses, etc.

I'm for openness in all of it . . . but we only ever get to peek in at it when it involves the little guys . . .

I would agree with that, and to much of an extent the shareholders are privy to such things. After all, it is the shareholders who elect the board of directors who usually make those kinds of decisions.

by taking ownership stakes, asking for government bailouts, lobbying government officials for support, by pursuing preferential production contracts etc.

The uaw has a marketing arm...just like ford.

bailouts, lobbying... We weren't allowed a voice in wall streets bonuses, save your bitterness for congress and the senate

P.S. Ford didn't receive public money