New Products for Sterling Plants?

Footballfan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU JEFF TERRY.....OUR PRESIDENT GETS IT!!!!!

why are you thanking anyone?? These two plant's were " promised " new work during the 1st concessions ! What did that do for those people still on ILO at Van Dyke ? Not a damn thing ! They are burning up time like the rest of the people who are still waiting to be picked up from Uitca and they are in TAP !! Look I'm not saying that Terry and Mod aren't trying hard to secure new work at their plant's but until that work isnt at these plants I would hold your applausebecause we've been screwed in the past , whats so diff this time around !!!

Edited by uaw400

why are you thanking anyone?? These two plant's were " promised " new work during the 1st concessions ! What did that do for those people still on ILO at Van Dyke ? Not a damn thing ! They are burning up time like the rest of the people who are still waiting to be picked up from Uitca and they are in TAP !! Look I'm not saying that Terry and Mod aren't trying hard to secure new work at their plant's but until that work isnt at these plants I would hold your applausebecause we've been screwed in the past , whats so diff this time around !!!

EXCUSE ME....ARE YOU FROM LOCAL 400?

WORRY ABOUT YOUR RETIRED PRESIDENT.

WE WERE NEVER PROMISED ANY WORK..WE WERE PROMISED THAT THEY WOULD LOOK BRINGING IN NEW WORK...

CAN YOU READ THE 2007 HIGHLIGHTS OR JUST SHOOTING FROM THE HIP?

AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED FORD LIVED UP TO THIER COMMITMENT TO LOOK FOR WORK AND JEFF FOUND SOME AND DELIVERED IT!!!

END OF STORY...NOW TELL ALL THE LIES YOU WANT ABOUT LOCAL 400, BECAUSE FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD HE GOT THEM NEW WORK ALSO. BUT I AM SURE YOU'LL FIND A REASON TO COMPLAIN ABOUT NEW WORK.

I AM PISSED ABOUT WHAT WE GAVE UP ALREADY ALSO...BUT I AM NOT CUTTING OFF MY NOSE TO SPITE MY FACE.

AGAIN, RAG ON YOUR OWN GUYS, THANKS.

EXCUSE ME....ARE YOU FROM LOCAL 400?

WORRY ABOUT YOUR RETIRED PRESIDENT.

WE WERE NEVER PROMISED ANY WORK..WE WERE PROMISED THAT THEY WOULD LOOK BRINGING IN NEW WORK...

CAN YOU READ THE 2007 HIGHLIGHTS OR JUST SHOOTING FROM THE HIP?

AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED FORD LIVED UP TO THIER COMMITMENT TO LOOK FOR WORK AND JEFF FOUND SOME AND DELIVERED IT!!!

END OF STORY...NOW TELL ALL THE LIES YOU WANT ABOUT LOCAL 400, BECAUSE FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD HE GOT THEM NEW WORK ALSO. BUT I AM SURE YOU'LL FIND A REASON TO COMPLAIN ABOUT NEW WORK.

I AM PISSED ABOUT WHAT WE GAVE UP ALREADY ALSO...BUT I AM NOT CUTTING OFF MY NOSE TO SPITE MY FACE.

AGAIN, RAG ON YOUR OWN GUYS, THANKS.

Did I call your president out ? Did I not say he was busting his butt to secure work ? You need to read my post fully before you start bitching up a storm ! All I said was to hold your applause until the work get's to the plants because we've heard it all before and it never came true !!!!!!! Why would the union even go to the table with the company when there are still UAW member's on ILO????

Did I call your president out ? Did I not say he was busting his butt to secure work ? You need to read my post fully before you start bitching up a storm ! All I said was to hold your applause until the work get's to the plants because we've heard it all before and it never came true !!!!!!! Why would the union even go to the table with the company when there are still UAW member's on ILO????

we were promised this work already why are thay doin it again VOTE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bro, I don't know all the damn answers. I wish I did. I think all the ilo are going to Vandyke and Sterling. On the eastside anyway we won't have any ilo's...very soon from what I was told.

I don't know about the westside at all. I never asked.

I am not applauding...just excited that we are mentioned nationally in the press, it just makes me believe in the guy that much more. I have defended him pretty strong on this site and just happy he did not let us down...

sorry to bust on ya about your local, I am happy they recieved a new program..good luck.

Bro, I don't know all the damn answers. I wish I did. I think all the ilo are going to Vandyke and Sterling. On the eastside anyway we won't have any ilo's...very soon from what I was told.

I am not applauding...just excited that we are mentioned nationally in the press, it just makes me believe in the guy that much more. I have defended him pretty strong on this site and just happy he did not let us down...

sorry to bust on ya about your local, I am happy they recieved a new program..good luck.

Vandyke is full of work. just need to get them ilo's back next week or so..Romeo was dying on the vine and we all know it..so was Clevland engine. They both got the shot in the arm they need and so did Sterling.

The entry level wage parity with GM and Chrysler makes us more able to secure even more work...and possibly keep some of the work that we were supposed to loose under Neil Wallyn's watch.

Now we have a fighting chance at keeping what we have. I am excited for my plant and the eastside in general. I don't feel the so called "givebacks" outweight job security.

Actual jobs are the only real security we have.

Again, I am a little giddy right now for alot of reasons..I am not saying vote yes or no I am just liking what I am hearing so far.

I too am waiting for a catch..I have'nt heard one yet.

Bro I know your happy , I would be too ! Your at a strong plant and your president is a hustler !

gm did not give back there cost of living or get it frozen like we did .thay did not take away there raises like THAY DID US , thay did not give up the monday after easter like we did /we are getting beat up more for what reason go figure VOTE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by mbabbitt

gm did not give back there cost of living or get it frozen like we did .thay did not take away there raises like THAY DID US , thay did not give up the monday after easter like we did /we are getting beat up more for what reason go figure VOTE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

is gm and fiat, i mean chrysler getting $1000 bonus in march? This is a serious question because i do not know,, trying to figure out if i should vote yes or no if i get an option to vote for this. pros and cons of this new agreement please, any opinions?

:redcard: GM and chrysler gave up cost of living

:redcard: raises are all gone in GM and Chrysler just like ford, but now we would get a 1000 guarenteed bonus!

:redcard: They got to keep last Easter but it's all the same from hre on out.

just so you are aware. :reading:

is gm and fiat, i mean chrysler getting $1000 bonus in march? This is a serious question because i do not know,, trying to figure out if i should vote yes or no if i get an option to vote for this. pros and cons of this new agreement please, any opinions?

No Fiat and Gm don't get it. As usual 228elec is not making rash decisions. Rather educate himself and make the right choice.

Just remember giving up the right to strike will cost you dearly in the next contract because they can cut your pay all they want and benefits!!!! VOTE NOOOOOOOO!!!

:redcard: Why are you spreading lies? That is not how arbitration works!! I understand if a person wants to vote No for thier own reasons. PLEASE do not spread lies!

You are very wrong about Arbitration. Neither side can change wages and benifits unless they both agree or they can prove themselves absolutely to the mediator!

Please, you have the right to an opinion, I respect that. You dont have the right to bold face lie to us on here!

:redcard: Why are you spreading lies? That is not how arbitration works!! I understand if a person wants to vote No for thier own reasons. PLEASE do not spread lies!

You are very wrong about Arbitration. Neither side can change wages and benifits unless they both agree or they can prove themselves absolutely to the mediator!

Please, you have the right to an opinion, I respect that. You dont have the right to bold face lie to us on here!

Just expressing my feelings on a no strike claus,I havn't seen any language about arbitration as of yet and will consider when I see further language.

HEY SPRING!! How did arbitration work for you?

Just expressing my feelings on a no strike claus,I havn't seen any language about arbitration as of yet and will consider when I see further language.

HEY SPRING!! How did arbitration work for you?

Thats cool just can't stand when retards vote on somthing they are clueless about! Vote No because I'm mad, mentality is a real injustice to the rest of us who care about our future.

If we are voting no or yes on principles I can accept that much better , no matter your personal choice!

Would you agree with me?

Thats cool just can't stand when retards vote on somthing they are clueless about! Vote No because I'm mad, mentality is a real injustice to the rest of us who care about our future.

If we are voting no or yes on principles I can accept that much better , no matter your personal choice!

Would you agree with me?

everyone needs to remember,,, an arbitrator is federally appointed

,as in obama,,same person who took gm and chrysler under his wing,we will never get a fair deal from one!!!!!!! like i said in a previous post,, every single one of these each issues is so important , that each one should be voted on seperately on same ballot ,,you dont need all of them to pass,,, to pass the ballot,,just like in a general election,, vote yes on this issue,,,no on this issue,,,get the idea???

everyone needs to remember,,, an arbitrator is federally appointed

,as in obama,,same person who took gm and chrysler under his wing,we will never get a fair deal from one!!!!!!! like i said in a previous post,, every single one of these each issues is so important , that each one should be voted on seperately on same ballot ,,you dont need all of them to pass,,, to pass the ballot,,just like in a general election,, vote yes on this issue,,,no on this issue,,,get the idea???

I get the idea and like it..but I am sure we will never get that opportunity! I don't ever remembering being able to do that. How would any agreement pass?

If you don't like the fact they go back to negotiate every year, that would be even worse..

Edited by TheEagle

Would you agree with me?

I will wait to hold my opinion but this is my current view.

We the union members accepted in our 2007 agreement a two tier wage. This was to help Ford justify keeping work in the US. Within 1 year of the agreement Ford announced they were investing 3.5 billion dollars in Mexico to build the Fiesta. This will create 4500 new jobs in Mexico and 80% of the Fiesta production will be sold in the US and Canada.

Now Ford is building the new diesel for the Super Duty in Mexico. I have not seen how many jobs it will create but do know Romeo, Cleveland and Lima engine plants could have used the work.

Atlanta assy. was promised the Fusion. Ford later come back and notified the union it would be sent to Mexico. Atlanta was then promised the Edge. Ford later come back and said it would go to Canada. Now Fords number one assembly plant is closed and sold.

If the Ford gets the union to agree to concessions in exchange for work. Then the work needs to be in place and workers working before the concessions take place. I am not willing to let the concessions take place today on a "promise" from Ford. I have been burned too much by Fords lies in the past.

I could go on about the money Ford is spending in India, China, Europe ect... But the facts are on the web if people want to do the research.

Everyone must make their own mind up but they really should research the last 5 years of Fords actions before they decide.

dude,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nice avatar

This is just my opinion....First off, why did international even go to the table on behalf of Ford when the local bargaining committees clearly stated they were not in favor of anymore concessions?

second, why is International in such a rush to bring Ford down to Gm's and Chryslers level? Did International not ask us to accept concessions already, under the pretext that it would help in negotiations with gm and chrylers? That didn't turn out so well in my opinion.

Here's an idea, instead of taking Ford down to gm and chryslers level, how about leaving us where we are and trying to get gm and chrysler up to our level once they get back on their feet?

This bullshit of parity between GM, Chryler, and Ford for the purpose of contracts is just that...Bullshit. We never had TRUE parity to begin with. Not all of our contracts were identical. Ford did not take governmnet money, we should not fall under the same rules and regulations.

Last i heard, Ford was gaining market share and was saposed to be on track back to profitability. Now they want their cake and eat it too. Ford didn't want to lose control of their company and did not take any government money but they want all the benefits of filing for bankruptcy. They sent Joe Heinrichs (SP) from plant to plant with his silver tongue and his scare tactics to set the stage and i'm sure an appointed official from International will be in each plant next trying to convince us this is the right thing to do.

Just remember one thing.... these elected officials from International have no say in this. They are soilders following orders. Even if they do not believe that this is the right thing to do, they must go to our plants and try to sell this if they want to keep their appointed jobs. So i hope people will educate themselves and make a decision based off of what they know- not what this International Rep says.

The international Rep. is going to use the same scare tactics that Joe did when he came to the plant.

I personally will vote no. Until i see that Ford HAS to make more concessions or they will fall to bankruptcy, i feel we have given up more than enough already.