Ford wants concessions from it's workers but still sponsors stupid shit

klutzys

It kills me that as we speak of concessions from the Ford employees, turn on any TV channel and you will see that Ford throws money away by sponsoring stupid shit. Such as: Monster Truck, Barrett Jackson, Nascar and Drag Racing.

I understand they need to advertise buy we all know sponsoring is NOT cheap. There are more cost effective ways to advertise.

Stop the WASTE Ford we are tired of taking the hit!!!

Hmmmmm lets see, advertise to a male audience that buys trucks and work vans.

Advertise to the male dominated NASCAR crowd, oh, but wait lets also advertise by sponsoring race teams and our logo will go 200-500 laps in a 4 hour tv setting.

Advertise to the male dominated Moster Truck crowd, oh but wait, lets sponsor the most famous Monster Truck of all time, Bigfoot.

Lets advertise while the family sits around the tube together and watches college or pro sports.

Try advertising in Auto related and Playboy magazines.

NAHHHHH! That wont work.

Ford should just advertise in Women's Day magazine and sponsor Oprah.

While Ford is at it, have a contest in conjunction with Kotex to find the hidden key in a box of Kotex! Peel the wrapper back and attached to the string.............

Oh, but oh, lets sponsor American Idol and that will draw millions of new customers!

Yeah, that'll boost sales!

If you didnt get the feciousness or some may call it sarcasm of this post, then my friend you have no business telling someone where to place their advertising! I'm glad your not in charge of it!

BTW, they tried the American idol thing, it didnt work!

BTV to shv

Advertise to the male dominated NASCAR crowd, oh, but wait lets also advertise by sponsoring race teams and our logo will go 200-500 laps in a 4 hour tv setting.

Advertise to the male dominated Moster Truck crowd, oh but wait, lets sponsor the most famous Monster Truck of all time, Bigfoot.

Lets advertise while the family sits around the tube together and watches college or pro sports.

NAHHHHH! That wont work.

While Ford is at it, have a contest in conjunction with Kotex to find the hidden key in a box of Kotex! Peel the wrapper back and attached to the string.............

Oh, but oh, lets sponsor American Idol and that will draw millions of new customers!

If you didnt get the feciousness or some may call it sarcasm of this post, then my friend you have no business telling someone where to place their advertising! I'm glad your not in charge of it!

BTV to shv

agreed. what advertising would the op rather see?

I'd rather Ford make sure we in Detroit metro area can watch every frickin home Lions game.

Buy out whatever tickets needed that week to make a sellout. And all day you would hear about how it's brought to you by Ford.

Stand behind their product and what not.

I'd rather Ford make sure we in Detroit metro area can watch every frickin home Lions game.

Buy out whatever tickets needed that week to make a sellout. And all day you would hear about how it's brought to you by Ford.

Stand behind their product and what not.

I'm no expert here, but I think the NFL has something to say about the owner buying all the seats, since all the teams revenue share.

Now if Ford Motor Company would buy the seats, not the Detroit Lions then maybe you would have something there. But if FoMoCo bought the seats, then they'd better not have a single person on ILO-TLO-JSP or any one out of work and the VEBA would be fully funded + 10%! They have money to buy football seats, they have money to pay people to work and for retirees benefits!!

Btv to Shv

I'm no expert here, but I think the NFL has something to say about the owner buying all the seats, since all the teams revenue share.

Now if Ford Motor Company would buy the seats, not the Detroit Lions then maybe you would have something there. But if FoMoCo bought the seats, then they'd better not have a single person on ILO-TLO-JSP or any one out of work and the VEBA would be fully funded + 10%! They have money to buy football seats, they have money to pay people to work and for retirees benefits!!

Btv to Shv

Yes ford can't buy the ticket or give them away, the nfl doesnt allow it. and like BTV said, if fomoco bought the tickets just imagine the fun the workers, media etc. would have with that.

NAHHHHH! That wont work.

BTV to shv

Couldn't of said it better myself.

Oh yeah I forgot dicks herd like cattle and don't think for themselves, just do what the masses do.... Having a conversation with some of you people is just not possible. Do what you want, think what you want, big dollars are going to these "advertising rings" and they want it taken out of your paycheck. Oh yeah don't forget how much super bowl advertising costs. Woo hooo take our money!!!! I'm sure some dumb ass here will buy your vehicle because Ford paid millions to tell people to.

Oh yeah I forgot dicks herd like cattle and don't think for themselves, just do what the masses do.... Having a conversation with some of you people is just not possible. Do what you want, think what you want, big dollars are going to these "advertising rings" and they want it taken out of your paycheck. Oh yeah don't forget how much super bowl advertising costs. Woo hooo take our money!!!! I'm sure some dumb ass here will buy your vehicle because Ford paid millions to tell people to.

I think that Ford is very particular with it's ad budget. I attended Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale and the Ford display had a 5-1 advantage in attendance vs the GM displays. The Mustangs racing on the dynos was a huge hit, as well at the drifting event. Chevy had three camaros and did not get their bang for the buck. I'd rather see Ford swing for the fence than repeat the launch of the Five Hundred. Ford is also hitting a homerun with less expensive media experiments, such as the Fiesta Movement. You need both styles to reach your target audience. Your paycheck is more dependent on vehicle sales than an advertising budget. And to your last point, you don't get the sale unless you ask for it.