Tentative Deal reached

flint

The retirees will have the choice of Traditional Blue Cross or Kaiser in the new year when the UAW takes over the VEBA. Who knows what changes are coming then. My question would be, since they have a secondary contract with a separate pension, etc., what will THEIR health care be like? What are the supplements to it for service in the IUAW? Just like they spout off to the elected government representatives that they want the type of health care they get (in their fight for Universal Health Coverage), we want the same type of health care that THEY (IUAW) get! After all, OUR dues paid for it!

Did I miss it? I did not see anything in that letter about Dental/Vision.

I have seen nothing that actually states that forddaughter, but there is a paragraph in there concerning the power the committee has to adjust benefits on the second page.

Rumor now is they will not go after vision and dental but that's a rumor, to be on par with GM and Chrysler's modifications they would suspend those benefits. However at a recent OHAP union meeting there where reports that they would eliminate the ability for Ohio retiree's to choose an HMO as there care provider.

Bottom line is their 80 year plan seems to have been cut into a fraction of that just in the last 4 years since we fist negotiated the VEBA's. Future cuts will be made in order to prolong the fund that started underfunded as long as the committee can.

The retirees will have the choice of Traditional Blue Cross or Kaiser in the new year when the UAW takes over the VEBA. Who knows what changes are coming then. My question would be, since they have a secondary contract with a separate pension, etc., what will THEIR health care be like? What are the supplements to it for service in the IUAW? Just like they spout off to the elected government representatives that they want the type of health care they get (in their fight for Universal Health Coverage), we want the same type of health care that THEY (IUAW) get! After all, OUR dues paid for it!

Spring, what's with that Kaiser health thing? I've never heard of them before and when I looked them up, they're not even in Michigan. Do you anything about them and where do you see that that's what the retirees are going to have to take.

Spring, what's with that Kaiser health thing? I've never heard of them before and when I looked them up, they're not even in Michigan. Do you anything about them and where do you see that that's what the retirees are going to have to take.

I am sure Spring will confirm but i believe the information that was posted from spring was given out at the OHAP union meeting recently, and deals with Ohio retiree's.

Spring will correct me if I am wrong.