All these promises of new work...

flint

This blows my mind. All the talk of how the company is promising us new work in exchange for concessions----are we suppose to think that this NEW work is for us alone??? New work is how a company survives--Ford needs this and any new work to survive period! Whether concessions pass or not, there will be new work-there has to be-they want it, and we want it.

This blows my mind. All the talk of how the company is promising us new work in exchange for concessions----are we suppose to think that this NEW work is for us alone??? New work is how a company survives--Ford needs this and any new work to survive period! Whether concessions pass or not, there will be new work-there has to be-they want it, and we want it.

Shhhh that is suppose to be a secret

You are right. But I believe the UAW is trying to keep the work in North America.

Edited by CAPlineWORKER

If this doesn't pass, we keep the March 2009 and November 2007 Agreement.

Promises of new work are so vague and can be discarded by the company simply be citing economic reasons, that the promises mean nothing.

Vote your conscience on limiting strikes but not not for new work promises.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

Many UAW members will be deceive with empty promises and words.

You are right. But I believe the UAW is trying to keep the work in North America.

Do some research before you drink the Kool-Aid my friend. I swear you are all sheep being lead to the slaughter. Wake up brothers and sisters!! Ford is investing BILLIONS everywhere else. Where are they getting this money from? We are expected to give up everything the UAW has fought for over the last 50+ years, yet they have all this money to invest outside of the great ole USA?? WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!

http://www.ford.com/microsites/sustainabil...iapacific#china

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=31070 (thats Fords 3rd plant in China BTW)

http://www.autoalliance.co.th/aat-info/index_eng.html

http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../708220407/1148

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...S-SOUTH-AMERICA

http://www.livemint.com/2009/10/08171852/F...i-plant-to.html

Ford Vietnam

Corporation link: Ford

Company name: Ford Vietnam, Ltd

Address: 163 Hai Ba Trung St. 4/F, Dist 3, Ho Chi Minh City

Tel: +84-8-825-0545

Fax: +84-8-825-0546

URL: www.ford.com.vn

Intro: In September 1995, a formal joint-venture agreement was signed between the Ford Motor Company and Song Cong Diesel Company to establish Ford Vietnam Limited, with investment capital of US$102 millions, of which 75 percent was contributed by Ford Motor Company and 25 percent by Song Cong Diesel Company. The assembly plant is located in Haiduong province, 55km east of Hanoi. The plant production’s total area of 17,400 square meters has enabled it to equip production lines and assemble both trucks and cars simultaneously. The plant’s total production capacity is 14,000 vehicles per annum in a 2-shift

Ford Lio Ho Motor Company*

Corporation link: Ford

Company name: Ford Lio Ho Motor Co

Address: 705 Chung Hwa Road, Sec. 1, Chung Li

Tel: +886-3-455-3131

URL: www.ford.com.tw

Intro: Ford Lio Ho Motor Co. is a joint venture between Ford Motor Co in the USA with the local Lio Ho Machinery Group (with 70% and 30% ownership, respectively), which was set up in 1972 to both market and assemble Ford products locally. It currently assembles the Mazda 323 and Premacy both in Mazda and Ford guises and the Ford Mondeo saloon.

2005: STILL producing the Mazda Isamu Genki for the Asian market.

Corporacion Maresa

Corporation link: -

Company name: Corporacion MARESA

Address: Av. Manuel Cordova Galarza Km 12 1/2, Mitad del Mundo, Quito, Ecuador

Tel: +593-2-2396-178

Fax: +593-2-2396-703

E-mail: jfmolina@mazda.ec

Intro: Manufactures, Aramduria Y Repuestos Ecuatorianos S.A. was founded in Quito back in 1976 for the asembly and distribution of truck. This was the first automobile assembler in the country. During more than 25 years the company has assembled more than 75000 vehicles on CKD basis including Ford Couriers, Toyota pick-ups, Fiat Unos and Mitsubishi Lancers. Currently only Mazda models are being produced.

Production in 2003: 3392 units. Mazda Allegro: 632, B-series: 2770 units.

If this doesn't pass, we keep the March 2009 and November 2007 Agreement.

Promises of new work are so vague and can be discarded by the company simply be citing economic reasons, that the promises mean nothing.

Vote your conscience on limiting strikes but not not for new work promises.

hell we are still waiting the promises made in the other modifications and concessionary agreements to be fullfilled, what would make anyone think this is any different?