Voting IRREGULARTIES (say it aint so!! not are uaw)

Kentucky250s

Last Updated: October 23. 2009 11:42AM

Local UAW approves Ford deal

Bryce G. Hoffman / The Detroit News

Members of United Auto Workers Local 900, which represents workers at Ford Motor Co.'s Wayne Assembly and Michigan Assembly plants, have narrowly approved a deal reached between the union and the Dearborn automaker last week.

UAW sources told The Detroit News that 51 percent of workers voted to ratify the agreement Thursday. However, some workers questioned the results.

"Most everyone I talked to voted no," said one worker, who asked not to be identified. "I voted no, too. My main concern was the 'no-strike' clause."

Advertisement

He also suggested there are voting irregularities, saying numbered ballots were not used as they are in regular union elections. Local officials did not respond to requests for comment.

The agreement limits the UAW's right to strike over wage and benefit increases, though workers could still take to the picket lines over pay cuts and other issues. It also freezes wages and benefits for entry level workers, removes the cap on second-tier hires and gives the company more flexibility in how workers are deployed in its factories.

In exchange for these concessions, Ford is offering UAW members a $1,000 bonus for the quality improvements they have made to Ford's cars and trucks and has agreed to add work to some factories.

Workers at Ford's three Cleveland powertrain plants also approved the contract changes Thursday, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Other UAW locals will be voting on the deal over the next week, which Ford says is critical to maintaining its competitiveness.

bhoffman@detnews.com (313) 222-2443

stalin_voting.jpg

Yeah for all your big talk looks like most the people in your plant understand its about keeping our jobs not a pay raise...

I am glad people are just letting steam off and voting the right way. My plant and many others have too much to lose if this modifcation gets voted down.

:ohsnap:

Yeah for all your big talk looks like most the people in your plant understand its about keeping our jobs not a pay raise...

I am glad people are just letting steam off and voting the right way. My plant and many others have too much to lose if this modifcation gets voted down.

Don't count your chickens yet. The top union guys are worried big time about it passing. Wayne was going to be a slam dunk and it wasn't. The tradesman in all three plants voted No bye big margins. The leadership at the largest Local has come out against this turd. Way to go Nick !!

good to see that there are reasonable people...