Production Committeemen men get a raise ?

wixom22

Just read on another thread that the production commiteemen will get a raise by the tradesmen on the line getting there pay back to trades pay. Is this true???? How about it Capt. is this true ? I don't believe this one and want to stop this rumor before it goes to far.

Sorry about the double men in the title.

Edited by wixom22

Just read on another thread that the production commiteemen will get a raise by the tradesmen on the line getting there pay back to trades pay. Is this true???? How about it Capt. is this true ? I don't believe this one and want to stop this rumor before it goes to far.

Read your by laws they just got 60000.00 over the life of the contract up untill 2015. remember the ones that tell you no are the ones getting it. Check it out for yourself quit asking people like 723 thats what has put us in the place we are now. Read it for yourself.

Commiteemen's rate of pay, is what ever their classification is. They will not get skilled pay. They would have to get classified to one of the skilled trades, which couldn't happen without going through the apprenticeship program.

Commiteemen's rate of pay, is what ever their classification is. They will not get skilled pay. They would have to get classified to one of the skilled trades, which couldn't happen without going through the apprenticeship program.

Are by-laws don't read like that. At are plant the pres the plant barg and so on get paid the highest rate of pay that they represent all the way down to committee people.

The committee use to sign for jobs and get that rate of pay at my old plant. When one officer (president) in the union came back on the floor after losing the election he went to the job he had signed for while in office. I was surprised he didn't get an appointed job. I'm sure someone has the answer out there. I read that too Wixom and didn't think it sounded right.

Edited by allin

The committee use to sign for jobs and get that rate of pay at my old plant. When one officer (president) in the union came back on the floor after losing the election he went to the job he had signed for while in office. I was surprised he didn't get an appointed job. I'm sure someone has the answer out there. I read that too Wixom and didn't think it sounded right.

Hope to get a answer today, have you logged on yet Capt ?

Hope to get a answer today, have you logged on yet Capt ?

Real quick answer, some LOCAL by-laws do have in it the rep's get the highest rate in which they represent. Not sure what locals those are, but this would be a local issue and there would have to be a decision by the president to correct this through the by-laws committee and having it changed. The intent of this language is to show the company it does not benefit them to keep our trades on the production line. They IUAW felt that this language was pattern to GM/Chrysler and it would make the company look to bring project work back in from the streets because it would not benefit them to pay the higher rate to do production. This in their eyes would help our trades get back to their tools! Again this would be a local issue and I am not sure which locals have this language....ours does not!

Edited by Captain723

Do you know how gay that sounds you can't read you can't think for yourself and yet you get to vote on my lively hood. GROW UP

I don't Care If it sounds "Gay" I was trying to keep the post near the top of the page. I already knew the answer for my temp local. This and many other questions need to be ask at the info meetings at every local still to vote. The light of day needs to be shown on this. Would your rep sell you out for a 5 dollars hour raise. I hope not but each member needs to know this now, not after the vote.

Real quick answer, some LOCAL by-laws do have in it the rep's get the highest rate in which they represent. Not sure what locals those are, but this would be a local issue and there would have to be a decision by the president to correct this through the by-laws committee and having it changed. The intent of this language is to show the company it does not benefit them to keep our trades on the production line. They IUAW felt that this language was pattern to GM/Chrysler and it would make the company look to bring project work back in from the streets because it would not benefit them to pay the higher rate to do production. This in their eyes would help our trades get back to their tools! Again this would be a local issue and I am not sure which locals have this language....ours does not!

Thank you

I don't Care If it sounds "Gay" I was trying to keep the post near the top of the page. I already knew the answer for my temp local. This and many other questions need to be ask at the info meetings at every local still to vote. The light of day needs to be shown on this. Would your rep sell you out for a 5 dollars hour raise. I hope not but each member needs to know this now, not after the vote.

Sell me out were going to get sold out for 1000 pieces of silver. 2040 hours times 5 dollars = 10200.00 a year times 6 years 61,200.00. What do you think? What if they get over time ? If your production you better run for committee. If it's not in your by-laws I think it's by-law season right now you need to put it in and run. It's not the money they want they care about you truely they do. Just ask them they will probably give up the money just to represent you gladly.

Sell me out were going to get sold out for 1000 pieces of silver. 2040 hours times 5 dollars = 10200.00 a year times 6 years 61,200.00. What do you think? What if they get over time ? If your production you better run for committee. If it's not in your by-laws I think it's by-law season right now you need to put it in and run. It's not the money they want they care about you truely they do. Just ask them they will probably give up the money just to represent you gladly.

There are people that would sell us out for 5 dollars a hour. :censored: Vote No!!!!!!!

The intent of this language is to show the company it does not benefit them to keep our trades on the production line. They IUAW felt that this language was pattern to GM/Chrysler and it would make the company look to bring project work back in from the streets because it would not benefit them to pay the higher rate to do production. This in their eyes would help our trades get back to their tools!

Good try... But until the IUAW gets a better grasp of project work and the issues encountered with trying to deal with VO this is definitely an up hill battle.

The IUAW needs to better support locals, like when a valid grievance appears the servicing rep needs to understand the issues, not accuse the local people of being out of touch. I've tempered these comments.... :censored:

Additionally, VO ME's are being told plant people are not getting this job.,! Regardless of cost! Let labor deal with the grievance, maybe this is a Mulally thing? Or this is a Ford Land Project! :hysterical:

SO! IUAW I understand you have a full plate, but these are issues that need to be addressed, a company crying broke that needs help from it's workers, specifically Skilled Trades, can't continue to piss money away on multimillion dollar projects. Unless someone at Ford has a hidden agenda? :doh:

Good try... But until the IUAW gets a better grasp of project work and the issues encountered with trying to deal with VO this is definitely an up hill battle.

The IUAW needs to better support locals, like when a valid grievance appears the servicing rep needs to understand the issues, not accuse the local people of being out of touch. I've tempered these comments.... :censored:

Additionally, VO ME's are being told plant people are not getting this job.,! Regardless of cost! Let labor deal with the grievance, maybe this is a Mulally thing? Or this is a Ford Land Project! :hysterical:

SO! IUAW I understand you have a full plate, but these are issues that need to be addressed, a company crying broke that needs help from it's workers, specifically Skilled Trades, can't continue to piss money away on multimillion dollar projects. Unless someone at Ford has a hidden agenda? :doh:

:reading: Good Post