Sterling Axle RDU work

Stugots

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the same position as you.

I was a Ford employee at a Visteon facility.

I was fortunate to return to Ford at Sterling.

As was Rawsonville.

But to say it is our fault is out of line.

Look to OUR leaders at that time for the blame.

We didn't get that luxury. Unfortunately our chance to move on is being thwarted by the very people I've always voted to protect. Aint irony grand!

MichiganTruck_Ma...

MichiganTruck_Mafia Member's Posts Oct 26 2009, 09:44 PM Post #5

BlueOval Member

Group: Blue Oval Members

Good work KCAP!

These heroes? I'm sure they'll be here to spin your troubles away

Where were all of you "heroic" pieces of shit when Visteon was spun off at Indy and the other parts plants? You didn't give a shit about us as long as it didn't affect you. Now you want to tell everyone to vote "no" on a harmless agreement compared to the last one, and start fucking other plants out of work. Walkowicz and the rest of you dumbasses are going to learn what so many of us have been saying. Ford is heading in the right direction and we will never be allowed to set their corporate agenda again. Wake up and fight another day rather than die on the fucking battlefield.

Reminds me of Custer's Last Stand. He was good at picking the wrong time to pick a fight.

It's time to call out the leadership at Sterling who lied to us and said we had this product already and told us to vote NO.

The same people who put thier political future over our family's livelyhoods!

Thank you for destroying my income and family!

Neil P. Wallyn Plt Committee Told us all that we already had the work vote NO did NOT goto explaination meetings

Cal Clark Fin Sec Called from local phone to tell people vote NO did not goto explaination meetings we already have this work

Frank Saez Committeman Ran around tha plant and told people vote NO and pass out flyers and did not goto explainatin meetings

Tim Williams Committeeman Ran around the plant told people vote NO and did not goto explaination meetings

John Combs Appointee ran around and told the few friends he has vote NO then when he was called out about it he was telling everyone yes.

I want to thank you for ruining our lives!

Solidarity!

NICE TRY Set up was so transparent. I'll quote getto."we may be UAW that doesn't make us stupid"

You are a pathetic p.o.s. yeah this all happened within the last 60 hours!! STOP THE SCARE TATICS its not going to work . Terry your desperation is pathetic just one more example of why you gotta go!!! YOU LOST ALL CREDIBILITY in this plant now try and take it like a man. VOTE NO Maybe you can go down to NC, follow the work maybe you could organize down there. Start a union of non striking members.

It's time to call out the leadership at Sterling who lied to us and said we had this product already and told us to vote NO.

Neil P. Wallyn Plt Committee Told us all that we already had the work vote NO did NOT goto explaination meetings

Cal Clark Fin Sec Called from local phone to tell people vote NO did not goto explaination meetings we already have this work

Frank Saez Committeman Ran around tha plant and told people vote NO and pass out flyers and did not goto explainatin meetings

Tim Williams Committeeman Ran around the plant told people vote NO and did not goto explaination meetings

John Combs Appointee ran around and told the few friends he has vote NO then when he was called out about it he was telling everyone yes.

Solidarity!

Be prepared for a lot more of totally made up BS posts like this one. The voting is coming to a close and the buttholes who are pushing for a yes vote are getting more desperate.

This is all about getting us all beat down to $14 slave wage so that the company can hire thousands more. This will keep the IUAW in their cozy little cocoons at our expense.

They are trying their hardest to make us the sacrificial lambs, Don't let it happen! I'll be casting my NO vote in the morning...

I didn't make this up.

I am trying to clear up the latest garbage being spread on the plant floor.

I voted NO.

When I arrived at work today people were talking about this topic.

After I heard this I made my way to a computer and posted it here.

I called the PR department and they did NOT verify this.

I just want people to know what's going on in my corner of the world.

Edited by Stugots

I didn't make this up.

I am trying to clear up the latest garbage being spread on the plant floor.

I voted NO.

When I arrived at work today people were talking about this topic.

OK, but if that's true let me add this.. I've worked for Ford long enough to know that Nothing they do can stop and go on a dime. If there is any truth to that rumor at all then that product decision was made long before the vote. I would also like to point out that Ford does not give a shit what individual plant votes for/against anything, they only care about the end result. If you want an example look at DTP. DTP voted against the last concessions, since then a third shift was announced and an new product (the single cab F-150) was added. Think about it...

If this is true,

It means Ford has been in talks with Getrag before we ever voted.

Could mean that Ford never intended to fulfill the commitment at all.

Could be a scare tactic to other plants that have yet to vote.

Could be a false report.

I agree unionisforever.

I just wanted to get this rumor discredited or verified so wHen I hear people talking about this I can squash it.

If you want an example look at DTP. DTP voted against the last concessions, since then a third shift was announced and an new product (the single cab F-150) was added. Think about it...

I think you must be mistaken. Ford doesn't live-up to product committements. Especially the ones in the last concession. Make up your minds or at least get your spin together on the same page!!!

They are trying their hardest to make us the sacrificial lambs, Don't let it happen! I'll be casting my NO vote in the morning...

Because our plant voted NO will won't have anything sooner rather than later! We screwed ourselves! We could have gained 400 jobs now we will lose at least 400 jobs and our plant will cose eventually!

This post has been edited by TheEagle: Today, 03:31 PM

Don't you mean these 800 will be sacrificial lambs?

People here in the plant.

According to sources this facility in NC stands to hire 400 or so people to do said work. At around 15$ an hour.

My sources are saying its Getrag out of NC.

GETRAG Americas (GETRAG Transmissions Corporation in Sterling Heights and GETRAG Transmission Manufacturing de Mèxico S.A. de C.V. in Irapuato) was founded in early 2007 to manufacture and sell a ground-breaking dual clutch transmission, the GETRAG PowerShift® transmission, to the US and NAFTA markets. This represents a major expansion for GETRAG and underlines the company's conviction that this new fuel-saving automatic transmission technology will be successful in the North American market. GETRAG Americas will be delivering these transmissions to customers desiring a competitive advantage in their vehicles. The Headquarters and Engineering Center is based in Detroit Metropolitan area. A state-of-the art transmission plant is at present being built in Irapuato in the state of Guanajuato in Mexico.

http://www.getrag.de/en/935

GETRAG Americas (GETRAG Transmissions Corporation in Sterling Heights and GETRAG Transmission Manufacturing de Mèxico S.A. de C.V. in Irapuato) was founded in early 2007 to manufacture and sell a ground-breaking dual clutch transmission, the GETRAG PowerShift® transmission, to the US and NAFTA markets. This represents a major expansion for GETRAG and underlines the company's conviction that this new fuel-saving automatic transmission technology will be successful in the North American market. GETRAG Americas will be delivering these transmissions to customers desiring a competitive advantage in their vehicles. The Headquarters and Engineering Center is based in Detroit Metropolitan area. A state-of-the art transmission plant is at present being built in Irapuato in the state of Guanajuato in Mexico.

http://www.getrag.de/en/935

All three transmission plants voted down Mod. Stay tuned in for more?

There will be no revote bro....

We'd have to have a vote where 2/3 of the membership said they wanted another vote...

It ain't happening....

Solidarity

I agree, we already voted! The decision was made and now we have to accept it! I hope this shit is'nt true! It was on channel 7 this morning. I have a very bad feeling we just fucked ourselves.

I agree, we already voted! The decision was made and now we have to accept it! I hope this shit is'nt true! It was on channel 7 this morning. I have a very bad feeling we just fucked ourselves.

More like the company and IUAW f-ed the membership. Nice choice here wasnt' it...had us either way.

On page 3 of the UAW FORD Modifications to 2007 Agreement dated February 24, 2009 under Sterling Axle Plant it says, " The union

secured a commitment form the company to continue allocating products and additional work to Sterling Axle. "

If today's rumor at Sterling is true, then I believe that no matter what how we vote, the company will do what they want to do.

However, my gut feeling is that this is being put out in order to scare the remaining locals into voting yes.

More like the company and IUAW f-ed the membership.

ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTION! You were supposed to learn this as a child. You and the majority voted NO. You told Ford you may very well strike in 2011. Did you expect top management, (lousy, greedy capitalists that they are) that make all those milllions to go hide in the corner? They didn't, they fired back. They will continue to fire back. From this moment forward you are negotiating for 2011.You picked this time, right now to fight.

I didn't believe now was a good time, you did, so be it. You can believe this though, start saving some money. Ford has just shown you they will fight. It could be a long one.

Solidarity!

You know eagle , you just mentioned the few who have a set and are not affraid to say F@#K you when it comes down to it. WHO THE F#@K IS GETRAG sounds like a winner to me . I heard that the president is tring to scare everybody AGAIN ...GOOD LUCK I think that we need better negotiators.....