Good vibrations at Ford meeting

fastime

http://www.windsorstar.com/Good+vibrations...8591/story.html

Lewenza predicts new pacxt will be approved

By Frances Willick, The Windsor StarOctober 31, 2009 7:01 PM

Bryan Deane, who has worked for Ford for 26 years, said he was surprised by the deal. “I thought we were just coming to this agreement like lambs to the slaughter,” he said. “It's better than what I thought it was going to be. They seem to have accomplished some security that I didn't think they could get in this environment in this economic day right now.”

Come work at STAP , I'll show you the lambs

Edited by fastime

St. Thomas has been dead meat for the last three years. The only question was when.

There is no product to put at the plant...............in such a dire situation, the Company and the UNion have done the best job that anyone could reasonably expect.

If you want something else at the plant, it will have to be one of those offshore companies that simp,y ships into Canada and adds nothing to the local economy........like Hyundai/Kia. Start calling your MP's and MPP's. Those guys are totally flat on their ass and have done NOTHING to improve the lot of the manufacturing indutstry in canada. They all ought to work at Walmart for a month and see what their efforts have accomplished.

The CAW did their job. They pitted Oakville and Windsor against St Thomas. 1,600 people just lost their job, but the folks are thrilled with what Lewenza "got" them. And watch how he spins it. Just wait three years when you realize what you got ain't much of anything.

Stop with your crap. They didn't pit anyone against anyone. St. Thomas was dead long before this deal was even thought of. The only option for the CAW to do was limit the damage as much as possible, get future to the remaining plants, and good severance for the fallen plant....which they did.

As for your 3 years bullshit....we work contract to contract, and have done so since the union's inception. This is no different. Next time tho we may be in better shapre as the economy should be thriving by then.

Stop with your crap. They didn't pit anyone against anyone.

Really? So when every where but St Thomas got promises, and was followed up with "if you don't accept this, Ford says they'll pull out of Canada all together", what did you think they were trying to do?

Windsor and Oakville either stand together with St Thomas and risk the bluff the CAW says Ford laid at their feet, or throw St Thomas over board and hope those promises come through. Geez, I don't know what Windsor and Oakville will do.

Stop "the union did all they could" crap. They didn't do enough. They failed. They sold out their members and think they did a wonderful job in doing it.

Solidarity forever eh? Not with Chrysler Kenny.

Stop with your crap. They didn't pit anyone against anyone. St. Thomas was dead long before this deal was even thought of. The only option for the CAW to do was limit the damage as much as possible, get future to the remaining plants, and good severance for the fallen plant....which they did.

As for your 3 years bullshit....we work contract to contract, and have done so since the union's inception. This is no different. Next time tho we may be in better shapre as the economy should be thriving by then.

Wow... you actually bought it. Enough with the Union trumpet bullshit. You're sounding like Lewenza at the London meeting today pounding his chest in solidarity. Yes, you currently work contract to contract. But, be warned Ford will be back.

Wow... you actually bought it. Enough with the Union trumpet bullshit. You're sounding like Lewenza at the London meeting today pounding his chest in solidarity. Yes, you currently work contract to contract. But, be warned Ford will be back.
No shit they'll be back. Thx for stating the obvious.

Windsor and Oakville either stand together with St Thomas and risk the bluff the CAW says Ford laid at their feet, or throw St Thomas over board and hope those promises come through. Geez, I don't know what Windsor and Oakville will do.
You guys threw yourselves overboard last contract when OAC turned it down, and you guys and Windsor made it go through. Now OAC/windsor are the bad guys if they pass it? You really expect these 2 to say no when it's not going to do anything to save STAP, but give them a chance at future products?

Again thx for stating the obvious. The Old Ford didn't respect it much either.

You and Ken are in for a rude awakening if you think Oakville is going to pass this shit. No brand new products guarnteed to be in production before Sept. 2012 no agreement. Period.

You and Ken are in for a rude awakening if you think Oakville is going to pass this shit. No brand new products guarnteed to be in production before Sept. 2012 no agreement. Period.

this is a concessionary agreement and why? ford never went bank rupt gm and crysler did and their plants that are closing got way better severance packages

ill have 26 years and be 47 ..at gm you got $130 grand and a car and grew into a full pension at 28.1

we got nothing!!! or i can take $100 grand and sever all ties with the company no benefits or pension

not right...

this is a concessionary agreement and why? ford never went bank rupt gm and crysler did and their plants that are closing got way better severance packages

ill have 26 years and be 47 ..at gm you got $130 grand and a car and grew into a full pension at 28.1

we got nothing!!! or i can take $100 grand and sever all ties with the company no benefits or pension

not right...

You forgot that you could possibly have a pref-hire to Oakville or Bramalea, work for 4 years and to get your 30.

So when are you going to rudely wake me up? Every plant passed it with flying colours. Cooler heads prevailed and people actually thought about the big picture.

So when are you going to rudely wake me up? Every plant passed it with flying colours. Cooler heads prevailed and people actually thought about the big picture.

The reps posted on the big screen the 1 billion investment for C4 would be implenmented during this contract. Let's hope that't true. BTW with 90% they will be back...maybe that will wake you up.

Actually what happened is people were offered a frightening painting on Halloween weekend. With all the doom and gloom economically people were left with no other option.

I take my hat off to you Mr.Mullaly. You sir know exactly how to break unions!

Now Mr. Lewenza stop trying to fight/help these companies using their own rules. They wrote the game book and play much better than we ever will.