looking for links

Anyone know where that info was posted at the other day comparing our pay to Mulally and the rest of the out of touch with reality Ford execs? I want to share it with someone who thinks we make to much $ so I can get him to STFU already. Can't find it now :banghead:

Also, anyone know of any video links of Mulally telling congress that "he's fine where he is at" ? Funny I can't seem to find anything. :reading:

How about the link between the average union member and what that at the National are making?

You can't compare what Mulally makes to what a line worker makes. Mulally is a highly educated, highly experienced, highly proven business man that can do something very few can.

How about the link between the average union member and what that at the National are making?

You can't compare what Mulally makes to what a line worker makes. Mulally is a highly educated, highly experienced, highly proven business man that can do something very few can.

No Mulally is what is wrong with the world.Greedy sociopaths that care for no one and nothing but money and power.The fact that you respect and idolize someone like him speaks much about your thinking and character.

How about a nice big cup of SHUT THE FUCK UP?! I didn't ask you for your useless fucking input. So please, feel free to FUCK OFF & GO FUCK YOURSELF ASSHOLE!

No Mulally is what is wrong with the world.Greedy sociopaths that care for no one and nothing but money and power.The fact that you respect and idolize someone like him speaks much about your thinking and character.

:beerchug:

:backtotopic:

Edited by Sterling Axle Member

How about a nice big cup of SHUT THE FUCK UP?! I didn't ask you for your useless fucking input. So please, feel free to FUCK OFF & GO FUCK YOURSELF ASSHOLE!

Well, I think you did ask for input the minute you hit the post button after asking the question about Mulally's salary. But instead of getting aggressive and angry about it, why not act like an adult and discuss the matter?

So why is my input so useless?

I don't understand why you think the top member's of Ford Motor Company either make too much, or should be taking pay cuts, if you don't think the top members in your union shouldn't do the same. What have they done recently to deserve their pay?

I don't have a problem with what Mulally makes, nor do I think auto workers are paid too much either. I'm not going to be jealous of another person's salary. Either be happy with what you are getting, or work harder to make more. I doubt very much if you were offered Mulally's wage, you'd turn it down.

Mulally might just very well be "what is wrong with the world. (A) greedy sociopath that cares for no one and nothing but money and power." But I don't see any difference between that and what the UAW and CAW are. And truthfully, "the fact that you respect and idolize someone like (them) speaks much about your thinking and character."

But if you think the unions of this world are different from that, please feel free to explain why.

With intelligence like that, no wonder people think you make too much money.

Way to fit the auto worker stereotype.

yer mom doesnt mind

wow, Must be agreeing with him if that's best response you can come up with.

:boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring:

SKILLED TRADES outside make 2.30 to 5.00 more per hour, and have better benifits and retirement. also just a note GM trades also make more hourly.

SKILLED TRADES outside make 2.30 to 5.00 more per hour, and have better benifits and retirement. also just a note GM trades also make more hourly.

Actually, I was referring to the Union "leaders" at the National level.

I think it is important to know what the people who are suppose to represent you are being paid, and what they have done to warrant that.

Actually, I was referring to the Union "leaders" at the National level.

I think it is important to know what the people who are suppose to represent you are being paid, and what they have done to warrant that.

Dear Cocheese,

Do you really believe Chief Executive Alan Mullally should be making more than the Chief Executive of Toyota Motors. Do you think Bernie Madoff is that much smarter than all of us? Ponder these thoughts then ask yourself when was the last time you look in the toilet and saw yourself flushing away your stupid thoughts.

Dear Cocheese,

Do you really believe Chief Executive Alan Mullally should be making more than the Chief Executive of Toyota Motors. Do you think Bernie Madoff is that much smarter than all of us? Ponder these thoughts then ask yourself when was the last time you look in the toilet and saw yourself flushing away your stupid thoughts.

MANDINGO - What is the total compensation for the CEO at Toyota? I can't find it.

Working on trying to figure out Toyota's compensation for executives. They don't fall under US accounting laws, so everything is a bit tougher without disclosure. As far as I can figure out:

Annual Compensation for Toyota executives (2008):

Salary: 3,317 Million Yen = $36.7 Million USD

Stock Options: 3,494,000 shares x $105 (Jan 1, 2008) = $366.9 Million USD

The board at Toyota shall have no more than 30 directors and 7 auditors.

36.7 million USD + $366.9 Stock = $403.6M USD per year.

$403.6M/ 37 positions = 10.9M USD/ year.

Details found here - http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/109...htm#rom75266_27

ETA: From USA TODAY: It's difficult to get a precise comparison because Japanese companies are not required to include perks. "It's a very tough comparison to make," says David Cole, chairman of the Center for Automotive Research. The perks given to Japanese executives can include homes, chauffeurs, country club memberships. In the USA, "our disclosure on things like this is pretty complete. The first inclination is to say there's this huge difference, but I don't think that's true."

Edited by Marginal Economist

Anyone know where that info was posted at the other day comparing our pay to Mulally and the rest of the out of touch with reality Ford execs? I want to share it with someone who thinks we make to much $ so I can get him to STFU already. Can't find it now :banghead:

Also, anyone know of any video links of Mulally telling congress that "he's fine where he is at" ? Funny I can't seem to find anything. :reading:

I wouldn't waste my time,no one will ever believe that we deserve the pay we make!

Skilled Trades are a different story,they are overpaid for what they do all day...........

Really Candy? Well I'm just so sorry you were not around when the power house building exploded and many of our brothers were killed and hurt and emotionally damaged. Do you really think our skilled trades are overpaid? I pray everyday that my skilled trade family does not come home burned or hurt. Shame on you. Skilled trades put themselves in very dangerous situations, not all, but a lot. Would you say firemen are overpaid because they go to work and don't have one single fire that day? but when they do they risk their very lives to rescue someone like you or I. Candy you need to get a life seriously.

Dear Cocheese,

Do you really believe Chief Executive Alan Mullally should be making more than the Chief Executive of Toyota Motors.

First, I have no idea what the guys at Toyota make. If you can show me what the difference is, then I could answer this better. But honestly, I don't care what he makes. It doesn't make a difference. The people who sign his cheques either think he is worth it, or they don't. If they don't, he won't be making it anymore. When rank and file union members (which I am) start to realize they have to earn their pay, and are not owed it, the better the manufacturing world will be.

Secondly, Toyota wasn't in a downward spiral when it went looking for a new CEO to help guide them out of it. Remember, Ford went to Mulally, Mulally didn't come to Ford. If you want the best, you have to pay for the best. Feel free to disagree with him being the best choice, if you can name someone who could have done a better job. Mulally's resume is what it is. Few, if any can match it. He either asked, or was offered that money. And he got it. The day I see the union turn down a wage increase, is the day your argument might hold water.

Look at this from a sports prospective. If you were the owner of a team that wasn't doing well, and you wanted to turn it around, you could keep the guys you had and hope they do the job (even if they've shown they can't). You could go out and hire somebody who is currently not working for someone. Or you could target who you think is the best GM/Coach in the league, and entice him to come work for you. And often, "enticing" someone, usually means opening up the vault. That's what Ford did.

Again, disagree with Ford's decision to hire Mulally. Disagree with their decision to pay him that. But you can't disagree with him accepting the money.

Third, Ford's operations are getting better. Their quality is through the roof (I never thought it was bad, just poor public perception), and their vehicle line up is second to none, and getting better (although there is a gaping whole in the large sedan segment that they dominated for years). At the same time, Toyota is slipping. There are still far too many fanboys out there to let it fall to where it should be. But as I see it right now, considering everything, the CEO at Ford is doing a better job the the CEO at Toyota.

Does the GM of the Detroit Red Wings deserve to make more money then the GM of the Columbus Blue Jackets? Damn right he does.

Do you think Bernie Madoff is that much smarter than all of us?

Yes. But there are some stupid people in this world. You are a perfect example of that.

Ponder these thoughts then ask yourself when was the last time you look in the toilet and saw yourself flushing away your stupid thoughts.

Yet again, still no one has addressed the salaries at the National level of the union, and whether they deserve their pay. Interesting.

Where, besides Iraq?

Skilled Trades are a different story,they are overpaid for what they do all day...........

Thats funny, what is your position, and outside of the big 3, where do they pay you more than $15 an hour to do what you do?

You do get tiresome.

Do airline pilots make too much money? You could fly cheaper if they didn't pay them so much.

As far back as the Boeing 747, introduced in 1969, the modern airliner could taxi, takeoff, climb, cruise, descend, land and taxi back to the gate autonomously. So why have pilots? Would you fly on an airliner with no human pilot?

A computer isn't afraid to fly right into a wall. What happens when the automation fails? You want someone who knows what to do when the computer fails or the line stops.

What about firemen? What about police? Would you be happier if they were busy all day putting out fires and chasing criminals? No, you want the firemen to be ready if they are needed, but you wouldn't get rid of them because you had no fires this week, would you?

The police are far too busy. That's a sign of the problems in the community. So, let's have fewer police? Or let's hire more. Which would you choose?

When skilled trades are busy, the plant is not making money. When they are not as busy, the plant is making money.

Skilled trades are like insurance. You don't need it, until you need it.

If you don't have it....?

Did you (since you must be an employee to be here) have to prove 8 years experience in your job to get hired? Did you take the apprenticeship testing, study for 3-4 years and prove your abilities? Do you do hundreds of different tasks, were your safety or the safety of others is in your hands and dependent on you not making a simple mistake or overlooking a minor detail?

On the line you typically do several steps hundreds of times a day, with little or no deviation. Everything is set up to minimize unexpected conditions. You have adequate lighting, air flow, cushioned floors, and virtually all safety issues are addressed in advance of you picking up the first part.

Maintenance goes in when things are not as simple. Yes, safety processes are in place to reduce the risk, but they don't do everything hundreds of times and seemingly simple steps can cause increased equipment downtime, injury or death.

Why aren't you a skilled tradesman if you think it's so overpaid? The company would surely cut your pay if they could. You want to save the company, then sign a letter with them saying you agree to accept $5.00/hour less because you want to save them.

Until you do, .....