Dangerous Tires

trev0006

And this is quite frankly OLD NEWS.

Look, tires are a lot of $$$$ nowadays, depending on size and type;and the only way these should be sold is for these tire dealers to quickly sell them at a discounted price.

People who drive beaters don't give a flying fuck about how new a tire is to begin with. All they care about is pure A to B transportation and that's it.

If you keep a tire dry, and out of the sunlight. It's works just as fine as one "fresh" tire. Just another consumer marketing driven scam to make people spend money on shit they don't need.

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

And this is quite frankly OLD NEWS.

Look, tires are a lot of $$$$ nowadays, depending on size and type;and the only way these should be sold is for these tire dealers to quickly sell them at a discounted price.

People who drive beaters don't give a flying fuck about how new a tire is to begin with. All they care about is pure A to B transportation and that's it.

If you keep a tire dry, and out of the sunlight. It's works just as fine as one "fresh" tire. Just another consumer marketing driven scam to make people spend money on shit they don't need.

You tight ass... :hysterical: Go out and buy some tires.

I bet you would get re-treads if you could. :hysterical:

And don't forget to replace you old air in your tires at least once/year. :shades:

I bet you are a lot of fun on during a night of drinking. :hysterical:

You tight ass... :hysterical: Go out and buy some tires.

I bet you would get re-treads if you could. :hysterical:

And don't forget to replace you old air in your tires at least once/year. :shades:

I bet you are a lot of fun on during a night of drinking. :hysterical:

:hysterical: Hey, the ecomony is tough on people right now. I'm just offering money saving ideas!

The tires on my Mustang are Dunlop GT Qualifiers with absolutely 0 dry rot. The only time they see daylight is when I take the cover off the car. I bought them in 1992.

The Kelly Chargers on my '88 5.0 were installed also in 1992. The were made in the 43rd week of '91. They too have seen very little inclement weather, water-wise, with absolutely no snow/salt exposure.

No dry rot, but they're pushing 40K on them so it's just about time tread-wise to replace them, if for no other reason.

Supposedly the treads/belts can fly off regardless of the appearance of the tire. I would suspect that many of those cases were due to old tires + hot conditions + heavy weight. Most of the rolled vehicles in the video I saw were tall SUV or van type vehicles.

I *definitely* are going to change out some 8 year old camper tires of mine based on what I've researched online. They're in great shape tread and dry-rot wise, but on a single axle 2000LBS trailer, if either of them ever go.... well I don't want to think about THAT!

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine