OAC local issues!

lineslaver

The sky is falling. The sky is falling.

Wow serious need of some meds.

/quote]

Believe it or not, there are those that like to work, rephrase, show up and get paid for doing not much(trimingding), thus not retiring. I know many who retired years ago, just on old age and cpp pensions and still have not run out of money or changed their lifestyle, so I for the life of me cannot understand what he fears, other than boredom, or the threat his wife with leave if he stays home

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[The sky is falling. The sky is falling.]

[Wow serious need of some meds.]

Believe it or not, there are those that like to work, rephrase, show up and get paid for doing not much(trimingding), thus not retiring. I know many who retired years ago, just on old age and cpp pensions and still have not run out of money or changed their lifestyle, so I for the life of me cannot understand what he fears, other than boredom, or the threat his wife with leave if he stays home

You cannot base the future on the past. The President of the United States warned us that without the stimulus package, the whole financial system would collapse. What did the stimulus package consist of? It consisted of printing up money out of thin air. It would be nice if you or I could do that to pay off our debts. As you can see, the problem has not been dealt with, just swept under the rug. When the bubble bursts again in the near future, pensions, stocks, and cash will be worthless. This is a very realistic scenario. After all, it came right out of the horse's mouth. Even if I keep my job, my chances of survival are slim. Pensioners will have no chance.

You cannot base the future on the past. The President of the United States warned us that without the stimulus package, the whole financial system would collapse. What did the stimulus package consist of? It consisted of printing up money out of thin air. It would be nice if you or I could do that to pay off our debts. As you can see, the problem has not been dealt with, just swept under the rug. When the bubble bursts again in the near future, pensions, stocks, and cash will be worthless. This is a very realistic scenario. After all, it came right out of the horse's mouth. Even if I keep my job, my chances of survival are slim. Pensioners will have no chance.

do you not have savings, you should with 30 some very good money making years at Ford, if not you did something wrong, and please don't BS us

do you not have savings, you should with 30 some very good money making years at Ford, if not you did something wrong, and please don't BS us

If hyperinflation comes, money will be worthless. Stock will be worthless. Pensions' buying power will be nothing. At least, if you are working, you will have to be paid something of value. If you are making $650 clear a week pension, and a loaf of bread is $1000, you will starve.

I could live another 30 years. If I retire, in five years, my pension and savings will be worth peanuts. I will still have 25 years to go. I won't be traveling or enjoying my leisure. I will be scavenging in dumsters looking for scraps of food to eat.

If hyperinflation comes, money will be worthless. Stock will be worthless. Pensions' buying power will be nothing. At least, if you are working, you will have to be paid something of value. If you are making $650 clear a week pension, and a loaf of bread is $1000, you will starve.

I could live another 30 years. If I retire, in five years, my pension and savings will be worth peanuts. I will still have 25 years to go. I won't be traveling or enjoying my leisure. I will be scavenging in dumsters looking for scraps of food to eat.

Charly Why do I bother, you are right do not waste any more time, he has a one track mind. Doom Doom Doom

If a loaf of bread ends up to be a $1000, your job will be long gone anyway. Why don't you retire before your high seniority job gets outsourced, and try to enjoy your twilight years.

If a loaf of bread ends up to be a $1000, your job will be long gone anyway. Why don't you retire before your high seniority job gets outsourced, and try to enjoy your twilight years.

Not necessarily. Other countries have had hyper-inflation and continued to function. I am going to stick around for a few more years at least so that I will be able to get a clearer picture of what lies ahead, or what transpired. I smelled a rat when the union didn't make a peep about freezing our COLA. I saw Gerald Celente predict 40% inflation. He has never been wrong. Even if there is a 10% chance that he is right, that is too much risk for me. If this happens, pensioners are toast.

I am enjoying my twilight years now. I won't have much joy if I have no income, and they shut off my gas and hydro, and all there is at the food bank is KD.

First time I have come to this message forum in about six months and nothing has changed. Very little information about OAC and page after page after page of Trim the Troll spewing his nonsense. :banghead:

What's going on with those dingman jobs? Are they on or off? Somebody put up a nasty sign on the board in body #1.

If you would just stop referring to me, maybe I could kick this habit. I am glad that someone is reading my shit, anyway.

In a short while, everything should be clearer. Maybe that is not the best choice of words. Make that darker. Oh what I wouldn't give to have COLA with the CPI soon jumping by leaps and bounds. You know, there is a reason why gold has tripled in price in the last ten years. It really is still worth the same. The dollar is just worth less. We will see it soon.

What's up with the union in Body interferring with job applicants? Something smells. Two senior guys bid on two jobs. They are approached by a union rep who trys to discourage them from taking the job. They do not withdraw their bids. The job is cancelled. The job is re-posted with a lot of "qualifications" attached. What's up with that?

Maybe there's a 5000 "post edited by" limit and you've hit it. Perhaps in the future it will make you read and think before you hit that "Ad reply" button.

Maybe I am too much of a perfectionist. Anyway, freedom of speech should be the same for everybody. If one person has better access than another on the same forum, that gives him an advantage. The moderator is playing God, and placing obstacles in the way of opinions that differ from his own. I will be judged based on incorrect grammar, whereas someone he agrees with will have more of an opportunity to make corrections and appear intellectually superior.