Questions to Sport Trac owners

Hi,

I am a lifetime chevy owner. I test drove a 2010 sport tac adrenalin and found it great. My wife loves it. But I have heard that the truck is on a explore chassis. Does it have a truck fram? and what is the long term reliablity on the truck?

I am not sure if I want to pull the trigger

Thanks

Hi,

I am a lifetime chevy owner. I test drove a 2010 sport tac adrenalin and found it great. My wife loves it. But I have heard that the truck is on a explore chassis. Does it have a truck fram? and what is the long term reliablity on the truck?

I am not sure if I want to pull the trigger

Thanks

Zuggy, yes the Sport Trac is built on a truck frame, just like my Explorers . As you can see by my signature, I have had 3 Explorers and each one of them have been a great truck. I had the 1994 for 8 years and it had 155,000 on it when I sold it. The only major problem was the transmission. It was eventually sold to family and it is still going strong and I would say that it has close to 175,000 miles on it.

My 2002, I had for 8 years and when I sold it, it had 165,000 miles on it and no major problems. I also sold it to family and they haven't complained about it. On both of these trucks, I was able to get around 90,000 miles out of the Michelin tires. They rode terrific.

My 2010 is just getting broken in with just under 3,000 miles on it. I'm planning to keep this one for a long time. I have found that the reliability of the trucks have been terrific. I have never abused the trucks and they have done what I have asked them to do.

I hope this helps.

Zuggy, yes the Sport Trac is built on a truck frame, just like my Explorers . As you can see by my signature, I have had 3 Explorers and each one of them have been a great truck. I had the 1994 for 8 years and it had 155,000 on it when I sold it. The only major problem was the transmission. It was eventually sold to family and it is still going strong and I would say that it has close to 175,000 miles on it.

My 2002, I had for 8 years and when I sold it, it had 165,000 miles on it and no major problems. I also sold it to family and they haven't complained about it. On both of these trucks, I was able to get around 90,000 miles out of the Michelin tires. They rode terrific.

My 2010 is just getting broken in with just under 3,000 miles on it. I'm planning to keep this one for a long time. I have found that the reliability of the trucks have been terrific. I have never abused the trucks and they have done what I have asked them to do.

I hope this helps.

How you liking it Harddrive?

Hi

I Just thought I would update you... We purchased the 2010 sport trac adrenilin and my wife loves the truck. I even paid 4 k more than the chevy I was looking at.

Congrats on your purchase I'm sure you'll have many years of reliable service from it.. I own an 02 and it's been near perfect now with 92000 miles on it. Come over to www.mysporttrac.com and introduce yourself we are nuts about our tracs and be sure to look me up I'm known there by the username Trax . Hope to see you there! !

I have a 2008 Limited V8 2wd, I could not be happier.

When I first got my Trac, I was not at all happy with the 6 speed in my 08 V8 when the bump showed up after 10K miles.

After the second TSB, its perfect.

I just got back from a 1900 mile trip towing my boat with the ST packed with gear. It tows great, the tranny worked very smoothly the entire trip.

Thanks to FoMoCo for really addressing and fixing the issue.....at least for me.

Edited by gbb

Come over to www.mysporttrac.com and introduce yourself we are nuts about our tracs and be sure to look me up I'm known there by the username Trax . Hope to see you there! !

No offense Trax but that site has its share of aholes too. I used to post there on a regular basis but I have only been there maybe once in the past year.

My recommendation would be that if you go there use it for Sport Trac info only and ignore the self appointed kings. They won't be hard to spot. :shades:

Hi

I Just thought I would update you... We purchased the 2010 sport trac adrenilin and my wife loves the truck. I even paid 4 k more than the chevy I was looking at.

Sharp truck. I'm looking at black 2010 Adrenilin to replace my exploder, can't decide between that and a f150 crew.

Sharp truck. I'm looking at black 2010 Adrenilin to replace my exploder, can't decide between that and a f150 crew.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the positive comments on the truck. I also had the opertunity to purchase the same truck in black and red. I desided to go with the blue, because it looks the best in the day. Although the black looks great, I do not want to keep a black truck cleen and swirl marks. I also was in a decision between this truck and a silverado. But I went with this for the looks. BTW I am going to 3m the hell out of this truck. The front and down both sides is costing me 1000$ cdn. but if saves the paint than it is worth it.

Thanks

Zuggy