FYI

cbone

i'm sure the moaning is at an all-time high on day shift about having to work sunday mornings "i''ll miss football, i'll miss church, i have season tickets to the chiefs" etc, i've already had 3 people tell me they will just awol those days..

Its 2 f'n sunday's guys.. just show up and work.. christ.

As far as temps go.. they've been trying to eliminate them since they brought them back... i'll believe it when i don't see them around anymore. Honestly though, they need to hire some of them full time.

i'm sure the moaning is at an all-time high on day shift about having to work sunday mornings "i''ll miss football, i'll miss church, i have season tickets to the chiefs" etc, i've already had 3 people tell me they will just awol those days..

As far as temps go.. they've been trying to eliminate them since they brought them back... i'll believe it when i don't see them around anymore. Honestly though, they need to hire some of them full time.

Can't hire them full time, as long as people are ILO at other locations. The first time in all my years I have seen them be able to make any production worker work Sunday, but it is definetely a new day.

You should have VOTED YES on the last round of concessions if you wanted the temps to be hired!!!

You should have VOTED YES on the last round of concessions if you wanted the temps to be hired!!!

Why would we want temps hired? That is what Ford wants not us. If the vote would have been yes, we would have had the biggest buyouts we have ever seen, then they could hire one for one, with no new hires moving up into the top 80% ever. Plus no raises till after 2015. No thanks and you need to get off this web site because you don't have a clue, it was voted down because we were doing all the giving, nothing was being given by top Ford management to make it where anybody really wanted it. All they did was promise what we already had been promised. So you just need to forget about the concessions that didn't get passed.

Why would we want temps hired? That is what Ford wants not us. If the vote would have been yes, we would have had the biggest buyouts we have ever seen, then they could hire one for one, with no new hires moving up into the top 80% ever. Plus no raises till after 2015. No thanks and you need to get off this web site because you don't have a clue, it was voted down because we were doing all the giving, nothing was being given by top Ford management to make it where anybody really wanted it. All they did was promise what we already had been promised. So you just need to forget about the concessions that didn't get passed.

I'm not the one that said KCAP should hire temps full time.....

There somebody goes spouting off again what they are sure of. I havent heard anybody moaning about having to work two sundays at KCAP. The "C" shift works every Sunday and although some don't like it they understand it is better to work "C" shift than not have a job. And the part about hiring Temps full time, how about offering people in the JSP a chance at work before we hire Temps full time. Just my opinion though.

There somebody goes spouting off again what they are sure of. I havent heard anybody moaning about having to work two sundays at KCAP. The "C" shift works every Sunday and although some don't like it they understand it is better to work "C" shift than not have a job. And the part about hiring Temps full time, how about offering people in the JSP a chance at work before we hire Temps full time. Just my opinion though.

well said...

I said some of A shift was whining about having to work sunday days.. not c shift, they are bringing them in to work day shifts on sunday's for 8 hours of ot. Everyone from C Shift i had to train or work with was ok with whatever they had to do, minimal whinging.

Kcap has taken TONS of transfers, and quite a few of them do not want to be here. And i've heard alot of people in the jsp have turned kcap down(i can't confirm this by any means, just what i've heard from the union)

So what is ford/the union to do? continue to run short staffed because people in the jsp don't/won't come here?

I don't know about you, but i'd rather work with people who WANT to be here, be it transfers or temps.

I said some of A shift was whining about having to work sunday days.. not c shift, they are bringing them in to work day shifts on sunday's for 8 hours of ot. Everyone from C Shift i had to train or work with was ok with whatever they had to do, minimal whinging.

Kcap has taken TONS of transfers, and quite a few of them do not want to be here. And i've heard alot of people in the jsp have turned kcap down(i can't confirm this by any means, just what i've heard from the union)

So what is ford/the union to do? continue to run short staffed because people in the jsp don't/won't come here?

I don't know about you, but i'd rather work with people who WANT to be here, be it transfers or temps.

Stop the bullshit kcap is building two products that are in demand right now

ESCAPE side is working all the overtime the company can scheduled TFT are being laid off so they don't have to hire them full time

The TFT's if hired full time would start at the pay scale when the company first laid them off which most had almost 2 years hmm 22 an hour they was allowed to work 2 years if they went over 2 years they would be regular full time so the company laid them off when they called them back they was given 14 dollars an hour with hopes that the company would hire them full time there orignal seniority applied but the cannot work over 90 days

Its the old 90 day trick from the 80's and 90's they never will get over 90 days some have worked off and on for 4 years and never got seniority in the union

So you see what IUAW and Ford wants slaves at 14 dollars an hour

Truck side at KCAP is working 3 saturdays between now and christmas with 10.5 scheluded mon and tues next week and then 11 hours a day starting the week of the Nov.30th

Its not because of breakdowns In fact its because DTP can not build enough of the Trucks people want to buy High end or Low end

Vendors tell us at KCAP that DTP workers are pricks

One vendor a few days ago told me a few days ago that we build more trucks before lunch than DTP does in a entire shift

with relief 6.3 hours and we are not building low end models

Stop the bullshit kcap is building two products that are in demand right now

ESCAPE side is working all the overtime the company can scheduled TFT are being laid off so they don't have to hire them full time

The TFT's if hired full time would start at the pay scale when the company first laid them off which most had almost 2 years hmm 22 an hour they was allowed to work 2 years if they went over 2 years they would be regular full time so the company laid them off when they called them back they was given 14 dollars an hour with hopes that the company would hire them full time there orignal seniority applied but the cannot work over 90 days

Its the old 90 day trick from the 80's and 90's they never will get over 90 days some have worked off and on for 4 years and never got seniority in the union

So you see what IUAW and Ford wants slaves at 14 dollars an hour

Truck side at KCAP is working 3 saturdays between now and christmas with 10.5 scheluded mon and tues next week and then 11 hours a day starting the week of the Nov.30th

Its not because of breakdowns In fact its because DTP can not build enough of the Trucks people want to buy High end or Low end

Vendors tell us at KCAP that DTP workers are pricks

One vendor a few days ago told me a few days ago that we build more trucks before lunch than DTP does in a entire shift

with relief 6.3 hours and we are not building low end models

Screw You,DTP builds their number of trucks each night....Tell your vendor if he don't like DTP then don't come back....

There has been no job posting for KCAP,your union is feeding you lies again!!!

Screw You,DTP builds their number of trucks each night....Tell your vendor if he don't like DTP then don't come back....

:banghead: Yep, we build a number of trucks each night, but they are hand built in Motor Bay. The system can't seem to get the manpower they need. . . There not coming in on a regular basis. Once again, just as it was in the Mustang Plant (DAP) people have lost their pride. When these people leave the plant, they would just have to look down at Motor Bay as they pass by and think what kind of work they let go from their station that night. . . We are on the brink of being the best automotive company in the world and all this can slip away from us in a moment. . . If we can't get this right, all the bitching about concessions is for nothing. . . Heard that the automotive employment will be down to a total of 25% by the end of 2011, of what the the total employment was in 2000. . . A lot more jobs will be gone across the board. . . No reason to tell that vendor not to come back, because he may be gone also. . .

:banghead: Yep, we build a number of trucks each night, but they are hand built in Motor Bay. The system can't seem to get the manpower they need. . . There not coming in on a regular basis. Once again, just as it was in the Mustang Plant (DAP) people have lost their pride. When these people leave the plant, they would just have to look down at Motor Bay as they pass by and think what kind of work they let go from their station that night. . . We are on the brink of being the best automotive company in the world and all this can slip away from us in a moment. . . If we can't get this right, all the bitching about concessions is for nothing. . . Heard that the automotive employment will be down to a total of 25% by the end of 2011, of what the the total employment was in 2000. . . A lot more jobs will be gone across the board. . . No reason to tell that vendor not to come back, because he may be gone also. . .

I new you had absentee problems at the mustang plant, but didn't know it continued at DTP, sorry to hear that.

Well, just to get back on topic here....... Apparently, they called all the temps at home yesterday and told them there was a mistake and they weren't going to get laid off yet so they needed to come into work. OOPS. I know at least one girl that had been drinking all day and then got the call lol Couple others that had found new jobs already and got the call. I know they had to know what they were getting into when they hired, but still feel sympathy for them getting yanked around so much.

Thanks I-UAW!

Thank UAW FOR VOTED DOWN THAT IUAW SLEEP WITH THE COMPANY TRIRD MOD OF 2007 CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!REMEMBER THEY GET A SECOND PENSION AND BETTER HEALTHCARE THRU OUR UNION DUES ,ALSO THEY WORK FOR US ,WE DON'T WORK FOR THEM THAT SECOND PENSION COMES FROM OUR UNION DUES ,SO CAN WE VOTE OURSELF A RAISE ,LIKE DID 3 YEARS AGO.THAT SECOND PENSION INCLUDES COLA ,WHERE'S OURS.LOL