Sub pay issues at AAI

uawrocks

AAI was down for the first 3 weeks in Nov. due to installing new robots in the Paint Department. Nobody got their Sub pay on time. Channel 7 was at the plant at the start of the night shift to cover the story. I find it very hard to believe that this was an accident by management not to submit the proper paperwork for the whole plant on time. The entire plant was very pissed off over the issue. We have been told that the funds would be available to us on Dec. 1. Nobody in the union who worked during the layoff bothered to check into this to make sure people were going to get their sub pay on time!! This is unacceptable!!! AAI members deserve better service from our top leadership.

AAI was down for the first 3 weeks in Nov. due to installing new robots in the Paint Department. Nobody got their Sub pay on time. Channel 7 was at the plant at the start of the night shift to cover the story. I find it very hard to believe that this was an accident by management not to submit the proper paperwork for the whole plant on time. The entire plant was very pissed off over the issue. We have been told that the funds would be available to us on Dec. 1. Nobody in the union who worked during the layoff bothered to check into this to make sure people were going to get their sub pay on time!! This is unacceptable!!! AAI members deserve better service from our top leadership.

Yeah, because it is the Unions fault that they could not magically see into the future and know that the Company was going to screw up the sub pay for the plant.....

Think about how this looks to the general public when you whine about it:

"OH MY GOD I WAS OFF THREE WEEKS AND AM NOT GOING TO GET MY 90%+ PAY ON TIME!!!! CALL THE NEWS CHANNELS!!!!!"

I know sub-pay is an earned perk fought hard to get by our past union brothers and sisters, but come on man... you are getting the money a few weeks late for three weeks you didn't even have to work. With unemployment at 15% in Michigan I wouldn't be too disgruntled about that.

Are you kidding me right now.....the union is at fault for management not paying the people??? :slug: What a dumb ass.

Paperwork has nothing to do with Sub pay checks anyway. The codes are put into the TWO's system and then SUB is based off of unemployment generated computer information, so go bitch at unemployment. SUB is always behind during the holidays...where the fk have you been?

Don't feel bad, we here a DTP have the same problem. Anytime we have downtime expect something to go wrong with your sub or marvin.

Paperwork has nothing to do with Sub pay checks anyway. The codes are put into the TWO's system and then SUB is based off of unemployment generated computer information, so go bitch at unemployment. SUB is always behind during the holidays...where the fk have you been?

[/quo

For a person who is not union rep, you sure do know the systems of how the pay is generated. It is very informative but you clearly are one of the two. I'm now leaning very heavily toward a salary position with the way you responded. I have read a lot of your post and have seen your back and forth opinions. I am not pointing out that your opinions are bad or good but I was always wondering why you took the side against the hourly workforce in general. You seem to be agitated by most posts. Calling the news is way over board for sure but most people in general might not know how sub works and for that I'm sure they Thank You for clearing that up, but if you are indeed salary, why do you bother with an hourly forum such as this? Someone who generally knows the two's system and sub has definitely worked in the office or is at least under the desk!

[quote name='1993Stang' date='Nov 29 2009, 06:51 PM' post='574615'

For a person who is not union rep, you sure do know the systems of how the pay is generated. It is very informative but you clearly are one of the two. I'm now leaning very heavily toward a salary position with the way you responded. I have read a lot of your post and have seen your back and forth opinions. I am not pointing out that your opinions are bad or good but I was always wondering why you took the side against the hourly workforce in general. You seem to be agitated by most posts. Calling the news is way over board for sure but most people in general might not know how sub works and for that I'm sure they Thank You for clearing that up, but if you are indeed salary, why do you bother with an hourly forum such as this? Someone who generally knows the two's system and sub has definitely worked in the office or is at least under the desk!

Bro, you have been a member on here long enough to know I am not a salaried fk! I know the system in and out and so do a lot of people who have bounced from one plant to another some time in their yrs of service with Ford! I have never taken a side against myself! My faults are that if you talk bad about the UAW then I tell you whats on my mind!! Like it or not, thats what I do!! If you have a real concern I will try and find you an answer, so I respect the fact that you say my opinions are my opinions! I really agitated when someone thins the UAW is the one secretly behind any problems that we have. I am definitely no salaried person!!

[quote name='1993Stang' date='Nov 29 2009, 06:51 PM' post='574615'

Bro, you have been a member on here long enough to know I am not a salaried fk! I know the system in and out and so do a lot of people who have bounced from one plant to another some time in their yrs of service with Ford! I have never taken a side against myself! My faults are that if you talk bad about the UAW then I tell you whats on my mind!! Like it or not, thats what I do!! If you have a real concern I will try and find you an answer, so I respect the fact that you say my opinions are my opinions! I really agitated when someone thins the UAW is the one secretly behind any problems that we have. I am definitely no salaried person!!

Thank You for clearing that up, I appreciate the response. I know we both have been on for a long time and I guess with your responses, I might of jumped the gun. Like I said calling channel 7 for lack of sub pay is over board but how many people work check to check, people are just frustrated, not stupid. Some people are just budgeted and one check can mess up a budget for sure.