Vote No To Visteon Ratification Vote

kinger734

what people do not understand is we know we were hired as a temp till the plant sold. but after 3 years we are no longer temps! we are people who have families also. also having a contract that state we should be getting things we have never seen! we use to be the majority at saline and we are the people who worked hard to give this plant their #1 quality parts. and in return we have hear every month we are gonna be laid off? how is any person suppose make plans in life if he or she is in fear of being laid off. i understand people have been there before, but we are now. and we will not grab our ankles and take it. a legal contract binds us them, and if they wanna play ball i am game.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what people do not understand is we know we were hired as a temp till the plant sold. but after 3 years we are no longer temps! we are people who have families also. also having a contract that state we should be getting things we have never seen! we use to be the majority at saline and we are the people who worked hard to give this plant their #1 quality parts. and in return we have hear every month we are gonna be laid off? how is any person suppose make plans in life if he or she is in fear of being laid off. i understand people have been there before, but we are now. and we will not grab our ankles and take it. a legal contract binds us them, and if they wanna play ball i am game.

You guys have done a great job at keeping the plant going, not going to argue that! You were still hired as a temp worker and Ford wanted to rotate you guys every 89 days and lay you off for 89 days and then work you again....something they did in the late 80's and through the 90's. The UAW stood strong and told them no....we broke the contract and allowed Ford to work these guys/gals more than just 2 days a week. Maybe that was a mistake for some, but for the majority it turned out to be pretty good. Even though there are some that feel this is a shitty job with no benefits/security/shitty pay...guess what, if they could have found better jobs they would have been gone. There were many that left and found better jobs. Right now everyone was hired as temps aquiring no seniority, but again the UAW forced the company to allow you to work more than 89 days and more than 2 days a week. The hope is that another company buys these plants and you will be employed by the new buyer, if not the plant will be closed and you will be stuck waiting for an entry level job to open up at a Ford facility. Good luck and if you do not want perscription drugs and some personal time then so be it. I do know that the claim of $4 prescription is a total lie, Ford members pay $15 and $30 for scripts and if they could get them cheaper their would be a line around the corner for $4 scripts and every pharmacy in town would be out of business!! The situation sux and if you are in fear then maybe you should be searching for different employment with a little more job security or peace of mind. Good luck either way!

Just curious why you say that? Are you still with Ford or working with Zel?

I say that because you were trying to convince everyone in the glass division we needed to vote to accept the sale for the betterment of other Ford employees. What a crock. You must be part of the younger generation that Ford seems to be dividing against each other. The older generation would have never fallen for it.

I retired after transfering and staying with Ford.

Oh, by the way, are you an international guy as you always seemed to want everyone to think?

I say that because you were trying to convince everyone in the glass division we needed to vote to accept the sale for the betterment of other Ford employees. What a crock. You must be part of the younger generation that Ford seems to be dividing against each other. The older generation would have never fallen for it.

I retired after transfering and staying with Ford.

Oh, by the way, are you an international guy as you always seemed to want everyone to think?

Tulsa and Nashville were Visteon/ACH plants.....Ford plan is to sell or close all locations. ACH became a holding company because Visteon could not afford it. So Ford took it back as a holding company to sell. If you think Tulsa and Nashville would have still been there you are nuts. This was the first buyer for ACH....the UAW forced the company's hand to keep it with a company interested in keeping operations unionized and at the current facilities. Indy and Monroe would have liked that same option, but they either have or are going to close soon. The plan is also to sell or close the others. They would have been sold if the financial system in world would not have tanked. They still plan to close these facilities if they can not find buyers. So if you think you would have remained a ACH facility, you are mistaken.

By the way. I have never said I was an international guy, not sure where you have been...I am an east sider....not sure you know what that means down in Tulsa, but up here... it is Region 1!

Tulsa and Nashville were Visteon/ACH plants.....Ford plan is to sell or close all locations. ACH became a holding company because Visteon could not afford it. So Ford took it back as a holding company to sell. If you think Tulsa and Nashville would have still been there you are nuts. This was the first buyer for ACH....the UAW forced the company's hand to keep it with a company interested in keeping operations unionized and at the current facilities. Indy and Monroe would have liked that same option, but they either have or are going to close soon. The plan is also to sell or close the others. They would have been sold if the financial system in world would not have tanked. They still plan to close these facilities if they can not find buyers. So if you think you would have remained a ACH facility, you are mistaken.

By the way. I have never said I was an international guy, not sure where you have been...I am an east sider....not sure you know what that means down in Tulsa, but up here... it is Region 1!

You are a "snake oil salesman" that is all you are

You are a "snake oil salesman" that is all you are

Look monopolycash, I am not selling anything. Those that stayed because they wanted the work and opportunity to go with a new company good for them, unfortunately Ford is not will to give these temp employees anything. The UAW negotiated what they have. Since you are so fking bright, how hard do you think it is to negotiate with a company for workers that aren't even theirs. Think about that for a minute Mr. brilliance. The UAW negotiated with Ford to give temp employees, employees that are not even theirs health care coverage, holidays, shift preference, bumping rights, bidding rights. Just think about that for a minute the next time you decide to open your fking mouth. They are getting perscription drug coverage, and 40 hrs of vacation in return for 4 minutes a day, easter monday and OT after 40 hrs. Makes no difference to me, take it or leave it and get no personal time or perscription drugs and hope something else is negotiated in 2011. This is a step in the right direction.

I heard Indy and Milan passed it.

I heard Indy and Milan passed it.

Milan did pass it 100 yes

64 no

You are absolutely right Cappy. Ford does not have to give the temps anything but payment for time worked. When the temps hired in, they knew they were going to get: a certain pay rate, raises every 26 weeks, no paid personal or vacation time, would not be eligible for any retirement benefits. They all agreed to it, they were not promised anything different than a paycheck for the time they put in.

To give up 4 minutes a day in break time, one 8 hour paid holiday, time and a half after 40 hours and direct deposit - is a small price to pay - for prescription drug coverage and 40 hours of PAID PERSONAL time.

Tell them Captain like Yoda would; "Always in motion is the future", ride the ACH train as far as it goes, if not jump off at the next stop.

Hey dumb fk...know what you are talking about before opening your trap! I take it you are not one of the visteon members who have suffered through this temp assignment that has kept them working 3 yrs without. They deserve everything the UAW can get them. I am not trying to persuade anyone to do anything. How was what I said trying to persuade anyone to vote either way! They are going to get perscription drugs/56 hrs of personal time in 2010 and 40 hrs personal in 2011/ and for that they are giving up Easter Monday, 2 minutes of each break, and overtime after 40 hrs. Everything that we gave up!! So how about you shut the fk up and go fk yourself. I bet you got your supervisor a Christmas present this year, didn't you..... closet suck ass!

God i wish i new who you were. :shades: :shades: :banghead:

God i wish i new who you were. :shades: :shades: :banghead:

He's not worth the trouble.....He's the best that Jefferson High school could produce....he hired in in 1993, Full time in Sept of that year. Daddy got him his job, ( his Dad was a good dude I might add) somewhere he lost touch from where he started, when he ran his first election for afternoon shift comm-man he really did try to do the right thing, and did have balls in the right place...somewhere down the line he fell in line with the others and became one of "them". Probably had something to do with his plant closing and felt he had no other options. Now he's just Bob Kings meat puppet. IMOHO

He's not worth the trouble.....He's the best that Jefferson High school could produce....he hired in in 1993, Full time in Sept of that year. Daddy got him his job, ( his Dad was a good dude I might add) somewhere he lost touch from where he started, when he ran his first election for afternoon shift comm-man he really did try to do the right thing, and did have balls in the right place...somewhere down the line he fell in line with the others and became one of "them". Probably had something to do with his plant closing and felt he had no other options. Now he's just Bob Kings meat puppet. IMOHO

Well whoever he is he has the info we all ask for. Some may not like to hear it from him/her because of the abrasive delivery. Cant say I blame him for the abrasiveness because of all of the haters out there. He tells it the way it is and I can respect that approach.

Hang in there Cappy. Keep the info coming.

What the fk are you talking about? :confused:

I don't need a history lesson. I was working for Ford, when they had a union workforce that stuck together, when you were still pooping green in diapers. Looks like Zeledyne may be taken back by Ford any day and placed in ACH status.

You're not an east sider, you are an under the desk type. Not sure you know what that means either, but I am nowhere close to Tulsa. If you can read past the T it is ennessee.

Take another dose of that medicine now before you go off.

I don't need a history lesson. I was working for Ford, when they had a union workforce that stuck together, when you were still pooping green in diapers. Looks like Zeledyne may be taken back by Ford any day and placed in ACH status.

You're not an east sider, you are an under the desk type. Not sure you know what that means either, but I am nowhere close to Tulsa. If you can read past the T it is ennessee.

Take another dose of that medicine now before you go off.

FYI, Ford has been planning for 2 years to get glass from someone else. So Nashville and Tulsa will not be going back under Ford LLC. They have a Chineese company they have been talking with.

Captain is not Jodey.

IIRC, Captain723 works on the east side.

FYI, Ford has been planning for 2 years to get glass from someone else. So Nashville and Tulsa will not be going back under Ford LLC. They have a Chineese company they have been talking with.

They may or may not put Nashville and Tulsa back under the Ford umbrella.

FYI, Ford has been planning to get out of the glass, and other parts making businesses, for over 20 years. The only ingredient missing was newer hires union reps that would turn on each other and try to convince others it was in their best interest to vote themselves out of a job.

I have a good friend who was actually standing beside William Clay Ford Sr. over 20 years ago when he made the comment "that there is one thing for sure, Ford is going to get out of the glass business".

Ford started the move to exit the glass business in 1972 when they built Tulsa glass [where were you in 1972]. Before that, about 90% of the glass for Ford vehicles came from Nashville. A small portion of windshields and maybe some body glass came from Niagra Glass and Dearborn glass. The UAW could cripple Ford with a strike at a single plant. The executives at Ford were smart enough to not let this happen.

The writing has been on the wall for many years. The last piece of the puzzle was to divide the workforce and have union reps trying to get someone to vote themselves out of a job.

Mission accomplished, thanks to yourself and many more like you.

They may or may not put Nashville and Tulsa back under the Ford umbrella.

FYI, Ford has been planning to get out of the glass, and other parts making businesses, for over 20 years. The only ingredient missing was newer hires union reps that would turn on each other and try to convince others it was in their best interest to vote themselves out of a job.

I have a good friend who was actually standing beside William Clay Ford Sr. over 20 years ago when he made the comment "that there is one thing for sure, Ford is going to get out of the glass business".

Ford started the move to exit the glass business in 1972 when they built Tulsa glass [where were you in 1972]. Before that, about 90% of the glass for Ford vehicles came from Nashville. A small portion of windshields and maybe some body glass came from Niagra Glass and Dearborn glass. The UAW could cripple Ford with a strike at a single plant. The executives at Ford were smart enough to not let this happen.

The writing has been on the wall for many years. The last piece of the puzzle was to divide the workforce and have union reps trying to get someone to vote themselves out of a job.

Mission accomplished, thanks to yourself and many more like you.

Dude, look at the economy, when things pick up the UAW will get our shit back! Things are different and wi;ll be different for a long time, but believe this the UAW will get our shit back!

Dude, look at the economy, when things pick up the UAW will get our shit back! Things are different and wi;ll be different for a long time, but believe this the UAW will get our shit back!

Dude do you realize how stupid you sound? This guy is talking about glass/ Glass is not getting anything fucking back. :shades:

Why would they not give it back now? It appears salaried workers are getting some things back at the present time.

How are you going to give anything back to workers who were forced out or took buyouts after the International UAW convinced them they had no future with Ford?

You seem to have an answer for everything, but in reality you need to quit trying to convince others of what is best for them. They are grown men and women. Let them vote as they feel they should.

Why would they not give it back now? It appears salaried workers are getting some things back at the present time.

How are you going to give anything back to workers who were forced out or took buyouts after the International UAW convinced them they had no future with Ford?

You seem to have an answer for everything, but in reality you need to quit trying to convince others of what is best for them. They are grown men and women. Let them vote as they feel they should.

Glass is NOT power train, just like seating or headliners or kickplates or door panels or instrument panels..., yada, yada, yada, ad nauseum.

Jeezus!!! You fucks have NO comprehension skills.

Glass is NOT power train, just like seating or headliners or kickplates or door panels or instrument panels.

You are expressing my point now. Divide and you will be able to conquer. I have mine. I just want to see you guys stick together for a change. It is time for one division to stop selling other divisions out if the UAW is to survive. Do you really think powertrain, or even assembly are untouchable? Do you really think Ford would not outsource assembly?

You are expressing my point now. Divide and you will be able to conquer. I have mine. I just want to see you guys stick together for a change. It is time for one division to stop selling other divisions out if the UAW is to survive. Do you really think powertrain, or even assembly are untouchable? Do you really think Ford would not outsource assembly?

Amen, brother.

As I recall it wasn't too long after the Zeledyne deal when they reopen the Ford contract and took stuff away from all the Ford workers. Fortunately this last go-around the Ford/UAW membership voted down the contract. I was happy to see the Ford/UAW membership finally draw the line in the sand and say we ain't giving up anything else.

Magna is chomping at the bit to do final assy.