King to succeed Gettelfinger as next UAW president

I wish I knew more about Bob King but since I am just a rank and file member that chance will never come. He will not come and ask for my vote or anybody’s else at each facility. The delegates will have no choice but to vote for King at the convention since he will be the only one running for the position. Doesn't seem quite fair to me but that the dictatorship we have at the top of our IUAW. Well look at it this way, Bob King is 63 years old the article states. If this is correct he will only be able to stay in office for 1 term. How much harm can he do in that short period of time? Yeah your right, we better hold on tight! This could be a very bumpy ride on our continuous track towards the bottom.

He was an electrician at dap, I know retired tradesman that worked with him at the plant. What else do you want to know? He's been in the union forever and was and is Gettlefinger's right hand man.

I have a real problem trusting this guy, considering he and Gettlefinger tried to ram that last contract up our ass. After looking at his educational background- I'd say he looks good on paper. That's about all I can say that looks good for him.

King has long been considered a possible candidate for the union's presidency. He started working for Ford in 1970 after graduating from the University of Michigan and serving in the U.S. Army. King, who also has a law degree, was re-elected to his third term as a union vice president in 2006.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/w...0,6520796.story

Still, King's future appeared to be in jeopardy last fall when workers overwhelmingly rejected cost-cutting contract changes that King and Ford had agreed to. Workers at the Dearborn Truck Plant near Detroit honked horns and shouted down King when he visited to explain the changes.

Edited by CourtJester

http://www.detnews.com/article/20091212/AU...-next-UAW-chief

Article from tday's, Sat, Detroit News.

"At its peak in 1979, the UAW claimed 1.5 million members. Now, its membership has dropped to 431,000 from well over 500,000 a year ago. The UAW has lost so many members that it is cutting at least 120 staff positions in an effort to balance its budget, UAW sources said. "

"We've got to downsize," a union source said. "It may not end there."

"In a stunning role reversal, Gettelfinger told UAW employees Thursday that he would impose the terms of a concessionary contract that they voted down last month. That means reduced benefits for the union's own retirees and requires each UAW employee to take a two-week unpaid furlough or give up their 401(k) matching contribution next year"

Will union dissidents now be happy with shared sacrifice?

Who is kissing whos ass. Gettlefinger and King both have Mullally's shit all over their noses

• 3 weeks later...

Questions need to be asked before he gets elected to Replace Ron at the 2010 UAW Convention:

1.) Has he any integrity or respect left with the Membership?

2.) Did he get Ford Motor Co, to give another Buy Out ? Was it because of the buy out that is occurring at the UAW International Union and Regions to have them get special prefference ?

3.) Is he allowing those to remain on Staff but still get the Ford buy out on July 1, 2010 instead of the Mandatory Date of Jan.31,2010 ?

4.) Why woulds the UAW put a One term Lame Duck President in charge of the UAW for just 4 years ? ( Bob King is over 61 now and can't run for the office again after this UAW Convention in 2010)

5.) Why did all of the most of the respected people with experience leave the UAW Ford Staff ? Was it because of Bob's Micro Management and not adhering to the UAW/FORD Contact?

6.) Can he be trusted to adhere to the UAW Constitution ?

7.) Did he abuse his position as the UAW/FORD Vice President when he allowed a week long UAW/FORD Joint Conference at the Joint Training Center and Cobo Hall to be used for a Political Rally ?

8.) Did he allow his wife and her union to move into the UAW/FORD Training Center ?

9.) Did he assign his International staff and UAW appointed representitves from the plants ( during working hours ) to picket the Ford Royal Oak Dealership during UAW/FORD National Negoiations to get a contract at the dealership ?

10.) When is he ever going to take a position on anything except for Bob (I wanna be President ) King ?????????

Just Remember that who the membership elects to become a UAW Convention Delagate are those who elect our next President of the UAW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by A Concerned Member