New Ranger???

94ranger

Its been a while since I heard anything about the on again off again US T6 Ranger. Are we getting a new compact/ midsize pickup in the near future or not?

You might want to post taht in the Product Development section under "Ford Motor Company Discussion Forum"

Not many bother to scroll all the way down to the Ranger Forum.

That said, I haven't seen or read anything in awhile, but I'm an interested outsider. There's bound to be someone who knows something, and they either know there's nothing to know, or they're being tight-lipped about it.

Unfortunately, we Ranger fans aren't a high priority; not profitable enough, I suppose.

The rumors I have read suggested that Ford has been developing a new F-100 mid size truck. However, it's on and off again whether it will actually be made as Ford gauges the market.

I really hope they go through with this as I would LOVE to replace my 1996 Ranger with a new Ford truck that gets good mileage (20-30 mpg) and has the same power:weight ratio (or better) than my 4.0L Ranger.

The rumors I have read suggested that Ford has been developing a new F-100 mid size truck. However, it's on and off again whether it will actually be made as Ford gauges the market.

I really hope they go through with this as I would LOVE to replace my 1996 Ranger with a new Ford truck that gets good mileage (20-30 mpg) and has the same power:weight ratio (or better) than my 4.0L Ranger.

Personally, I hope that Ford introduces an all-new version of the current Ranger size class vehicle and doesn't do a mid-size version of the F-Series. I'm still trying to understand why we can't order Ranger 4x4 Regular Cabs! The Ranger 4x4 RC was a great vehicle at a great price point!

At the moment this is an ping-pong project. First Ford decided to build the F100 based on a lightened F150 with a Eco-boost 4 cylinder.

Ford killed that project....Motortrend has the detail.

So ford was going to bring us the T6 project which is the new midsized truck for the global market.

Problems:

• The word is that the smaller Eco-boost engines are having production issues
  • Reliable sources indicate that Ford is unsure of whether or not they could sell enough volume of the T6 in the US.

So they release a press release stating that the US will not be receiving the global T6 Ranger.

Rumors start back up that the F100 project is again alive, again I say rumors because no-one has heard anything from reliable sources.

So we are left with three possibilities:

• The F100 project is alive and we will get a F100 with a 3.7 liter V6
  • The T6 will make it to the US but in a form not identical to the global version. Probably with a normally aspirated 2.5 or 3.7 liter to start.
  • We get nothing, and Ford gives the market share over to Nissan and Toyota.

• 2 months later...

At the moment this is an ping-pong project. First Ford decided to build the F100 based on a lightened F150 with a Eco-boost 4 cylinder.

Ford killed that project....Motortrend has the detail.

So ford was going to bring us the T6 project which is the new midsized truck for the global market.

Problems:

• The word is that the smaller Eco-boost engines are having production issues
  • Reliable sources indicate that Ford is unsure of whether or not they could sell enough volume of the T6 in the US.

So they release a press release stating that the US will not be receiving the global T6 Ranger.

Rumors start back up that the F100 project is again alive, again I say rumors because no-one has heard anything from reliable sources.

So we are left with three possibilities:

• The F100 project is alive and we will get a F100 with a 3.7 liter V6
  • The T6 will make it to the US but in a form not identical to the global version. Probably with a normally aspirated 2.5 or 3.7 liter to start.
  • We get nothing, and Ford gives the market share over to Nissan and Toyota.

Well.....

Looks like Ford has done a 720 and come full circle twice.

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/news/spy-shots-next-gen-ford-ranger-double-cab/

The T6 has been narrowed. No longer Tacoma sized. It now has the internal volume closer to the current US ranger. The wheel track or width is still 3-4" wider than the current US ranger, probably for stability and to fit the coil over shock arrangement known to be underneath.

The frame is using the higher tensile strength steel just like the new F150. The hood and tailgate as speculated to be manufactured out of aluminum. Its looks like Ford is shooting for a significant improvement in MPG this go-around.

The T6 is shaping up to be the current US Ranger "only better" than some have asked for. Keep a watch out for the release of the EB 2.0 and the EB 1.6 in the next 9 months.

I 'm guessing more announcements will be made later this fall.

• 2 months later...