Fusion Eco- boost when ??

gafry

When will the Ford Fusion get Eco-boost ??

What kind of gas mileage can we forward to ??

imho we need be specific about what we ask for in regards to EB

would a 250-260hp 2.0 liter be good?

or do you want a 360hp 3.5 EB?

the Fusion is a good example of why imho Ford needs a 2.5 liter 4cyl EB good for around 300hp

...I don't count out the 2.0EB as a 2011my option

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_ne...gine/index.html

Looks like 2013 or 2012 at the earliest. It's a shame too, my lease runs out next March and I was hoping to get a 4 cyl turbo AWD (if such a thing existed)

I agree! I love my 2010 Sport AWD, and I'm already thinking when I'm done paying for it, I'd love to be able to buy a Fusion with an EcoBoost 4cyl with 260-300 hp, AWD and true paddle shifters. That would be the best of both worlds -- Power when you need it, and MPG the rest of the time. I can't get my Sport AWD to average better than 21mpg -- usually 19 overall when I add my weekends of hilly country roads. And I am really easy on my cars... hmmm... maybe I should whip the piss out of it, and see what my MPG is then!

Edited by 89-Pony

I agree! I love my 2010 Sport AWD, and I'm already thinking when I'm done paying for it, I'd love to be able to buy a Fusion with an EcoBoost 4cyl with 260-300 hp, AWD and true paddle shifters. That would be the best of both worlds -- Power when you need it, and MPG the rest of the time. I can't get my Sport AWD to average better than 21mpg -- usually 19 overall when I add my weekends of hilly country roads. And I am really easy on my cars... hmmm... maybe I should whip the piss out of it, and see what my MPG is then!

I have a 2008 AWD and my average MPG is about 18... kinda sad to be honest with you, what kills me is that I have a pretty short commute but it's all stop and go hilly/windy roads, there are only certain sections where I can just let go of the gas and let it drift. If I really pound it the mileage goes lower believe or not!

I hope that your right about the 2011 option, that would be awesome.

I think what's holding back is lack of availability with eco boost engines. They can only produce so many. They've also only released the 3.5L which, if put in a fusion, will make a less expensive car faster than a SHO or even V-6 mustang which would cut into those sales. IMHO ford will keep the 3.5L V-6 in the fusion and release a 2.0L ecoboost pushing approx. 240 HP max around 2012 or so. That makes the most sense.