Anti-Union Video Loaded With Lies

Total bullshit from a guy wanting to make a name for himself by telling of Detroit's demise at the hands of the UAW using old and false information. Sure would like to give him a "nightime" tour of the city.....

fAUX NEWS AT IT AGAIN. They want to portray this as a news article. Sad thing is the UAW is full of members that support there lies. Keep biting the hand that feed you.

The Freep is covering this little douchebag.....

http://www.freep.com/article/20091230/BLOG...fall-of-Detroit

So the state of Detroit has nothing to do with the massive job losses and everything to do with the unions?If the unions are the problem why didn't the big 3 relocate all of those jobs to the non-union southern states?What did they do?Moved them all to the third world slave labor countries where they have to pay their workers basically nothing.How about it is the trade policies of the U.S Government/Us corporations that have destroyed the american economy and the middle class.This guy is nothing but a typical right wing asshole spouting the usual free market lies.Just keep working hard and it will all turn out right for you.Its the american dream.Read the words closely "AMERICAN DREAM".

• 2 weeks later...

A very good friend who is a retiree commented on this video after I emailed the linkto him when it first came out. I couldn't have said it better! Comments are below.

This fellow is typical of the simple minded conservatives who defend the system by blaming the victims. Unfortunately, Fox caters to these idiots. Conservative media thrives on beating up those who try to make life better for their fellow humans. In their world mammon rules, and Christ is a sinner because he wants to share the wealth, defend the needy, stand for justice, and extend mercy.

May the Lord control my anger!

Second response

I get angry at people who will not report the truth. If we met this fellow and had a chance to talk we might be able to discern his motives.

Any one who grew up around Detroit knows that this man has not studied the situation that is carefully cropped by his camera and controlled by his words. It's clear, that he doesn't know the history of the auto industry or the union movement. I doubt that he understands the damage that poor social, industrial and trade policies have inflicted on the area. Even worse, I get the idea he believes only the big time investor class is entitled to the fruits of labor's work, and that the working class should be happy with whatever the "boss man" is willing to give.

If this fellow has a good heart, an honest dialogue might be possible. We could take him for a tour, without his camera and mike, interview people who have lived through the good and the bad, discover what his vision of a good world is, and then come away with a decent appraisal of his character. Short of that, we'll have to leave the judging of his motives to God.

Like you, my immediate reaction is an instant dislike of this man. Then, that is what he most likely wanted to achieve. Polarize people. Make it easy for his viewers, by showing only two sides: the good versus the bad. And, since he has the camera and the mike, his twisteded view becomes the reality of the moment, seen on computer monitors and TV screens. Centered in his viewer for all to see, are the bad guys ---- you, me, and our brothers and sisters.

Most of you guys have been working for the company for awhile. Don't any of you know by now that in the companys eyes and the publics eyes, that when something goes wrong in the industry, it's our fault, UAW members. When things go right and there's huge success, it's because of the brilliant mgt decisions at the top.We had nothing to do with it. It's always been like that, always will.

Most of you guys have been working for the company for awhile. Don't any of you know by now that in the companys eyes and the publics eyes, that when something goes wrong in the industry, it's our fault, UAW members. When things go right and there's huge success, it's because of the brilliant mgt decisions at the top.We had nothing to do with it. It's always been like that, always will.

Yes , we completly understand...I just get tired of hearing it over and over again...we need to hire an excellant P.R. team to help our cause. Or , just continue shrugging it off like water off a duck's back.