Ford Transfers Its UAW Retiree Health Care Liabilities to VEBA Trust

gocash

Until everyone gets on the same page there will be confusion. Drug Mart wanted to charge $120 tonight for an antibiotic had to explain three times no see the new card? It ended up being $10.00. They called the insurance company directly.

forddaught, If that antibiotic is generic you can possibly get it at walmart, giant eagle (if you have one in your area) walgreens, or Kmart For $4.00, you don't even need your drug card. They told us at the meeting to do that. Most generic drugs are $4.00 at these stores. Go online and print out a list of what generic drugs they sell at this price. Hope this helps.

Jam... you don't have a card do you.....your not a retiree from Ohio are you....shame on you

longball, what the hell are you talking about....retired from Ohio Assembly in 2007. 33 f...ing years. I went to both the Nov. and Dec. union meetings. I am just trying to relay what I heard there.

longball, my card says supermed ppo on the left side and traditional care network on the right. Medical Mutual of Ohio top left side. Does this help?

I guess we have different insurance in the sandusky area...I have Blue cross/blue shield...I don't know why your card would have PPO on it unless you had those benefits...

anyways...good luck

I guess we have different insurance in the sandusky area...I have Blue cross/blue shield...I don't know why your card would have PPO on it unless you had those benefits...

anyways...good luck

longball they told us at the meeting that they divided Ohio up Medical mutual of Ohio east of erie county and bcbs west. Also Kaiser Permanente is available if you live in lorain county and east. I think the card they use are universal, one card for all the plans they sell. The book they gave us also is universal all there plans are in it.

Edited by jam

Our card says PPO on the bottom left and Traditional Care in the middle.

Sandusky Plant Retiree

Try using this web address www.benefitsweb.com/rhcc.html it will help answer a lot of your questions.

My understanding is you have to pay the doctor, but not until you receive an EOB with the allowed amount

that has been neogiated by the plan, not what the doctor charges you initially. Now that Ford is saving all

this $$$$ in health care don't you think it's time for retirees to receive an increase in pensions to help offset

the major out of pocket costs we have to pay?

Try using this web address www.benefitsweb.com/rhcc.html it will help answer a lot of your questions.

My understanding is you have to pay the doctor, but not until you receive an EOB with the allowed amount

that has been neogiated by the plan, not what the doctor charges you initially. Now that Ford is saving all

this $$$$ in health care don't you think it's time for retirees to receive an increase in pensions to help offset

the major out of pocket costs we have to pay?

What a pain if that's the case.

Yes, that would be nice a pension increase.