Profit Sharing

Harpo

From the press release...

"As a result of Fords 2009 U.S. financial performance, the company will pay profit sharing

to 43,000 eligible U.S. hourly employees consistent with the 2007 UAW-Ford Collective

Bargaining Agreement. The average amount is expected to be approximately $450 per eligible

employee. As previously announced, Ford is not awarding salaried employee performance

bonuses globally under the company's bonus plan for 2009 company performance. However,

the company did announce that U.S. salaried employees will receive merit increases in 2010,

and the company's 401(k) matching program was reinstated on Jan. 1, 2010."

Edited by Harpo

If we made 6 billion in 98 and got over three (3) thousand, some people I know got 7 or 8 thousand. One would assume by cutting the profit in half we would still get a thousand or two.

also we have about the # of employees that we had back then . so shouldn't we be getting more?

• Like 1

Ford only made $454 million without special one-time items. They have accounting tricks that will make sure we never see another substantial profit sharing check.

At least not until Ford makes a substantial profit.

"Ford's profit was a sharp contrast to the record $14.6 billion loss the company reported a year ago. Before taxes and excluding special items, the automaker's operating profit was $454 million."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100128/UPDATE/1280440/Ford-posts-$2.7B-profit-for-2009--restores-profit-sharing-with-UAW#ixzz0dvKLT5pT

At least not until Ford makes a substantial profit.

Even with a substantial profit, it would only take one or two "one time charges" to reduce the profit substantially. Wall Street would still like it because they are getting their balance sheet in order, and it saves the company money because they aren't paying it to us.

I don't think the number of employees is part of the formula either.

I don't know the exact formula but if I recall correctly it has something to do with number of hours worked.

You are right. This is exactly how it works. My bad.

I guess I was just dreaming Ford might do the right thing here. Realize that funding it will be less $ due to reduced number of employees. Do it be fair and equitable. Do it because it is one of the few things we have left. Do it because they say we are family, right?

But as mentioned, they will likely concoct "charges" to avert or significantly lower any profit sharing payout.

I guess I was just dreaming Ford might do the right thing here

Remember, all publicly held corporation exist first to make profit for the stock holder. Instead of complaining, why not get to the front of the line by buying some stock!

A happy workforce is an important part of a health company. But, the UAW recently voted down concession, so why should Ford make concessions when they are still deeply in debt ?

As a stock holder, I would love to see a dividend, but I know that is years away.

But, the UAW recently voted down concession, so why should Ford make concessions when they are still deeply in debt ?

The company announced a profit and the return of merit raises for white collar shortly after the third round of concessions were voted down. You can't plead poverty in one press release then spend frivolously in the other.

Ford, traditionally, has had the best relationship with the UAW and have worked as a team for many decades. I see this ending because of some decisions that have been made recently, and see the next contract negotiations as anything but peaceful.

Remember, all publicly held corporation exist first to make profit for the stock holder. Instead of complaining, why not get to the front of the line by buying some stock!

A happy workforce is an important part of a health company. But, the UAW recently voted down concession, so why should Ford make concessions when they are still deeply in debt ?

As a stock holder, I would love to see a dividend, but I know that is years away.

Just skip over the fact that larger consessions were passed prior to that. Your not currently an employee are you. :ohsnap:

• Like 1

The company announced a profit and the return of merit raises for white collar shortly after the third round of concessions were voted down. You can't plead poverty in one press release then spend frivolously in the other.

Compensating your employees (including benefits) at a rate similar to your competition is good business. I don't think it is "frivolous".

Remember, Ford UAW employees make more than either GM or Chrysler UAW employees. I don't think these changes are going to make Ford salaried employee much higher compensated than GM or Chrysler salaried employees. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

You still have a union protecting your job. Salaried has no such shield. And yes, in recent years they have let salaried employees go with very little fanfare.

Ford, traditionally, has had the best relationship with the UAW and have worked as a team for many decades. I see this ending because of some decisions that have been made recently, and see the next contract negotiations as anything but peaceful.

There is a couple of years to go before then. You can bet that Ford will want pay and benefits inline with what GM and Chrysler UAW employees get.

Edited by theoldwizard

Just skip over the fact that larger consessions were passed prior to that.

So why is it that everyone assumes that the salaried employees have not "given" concessions ? Actually, they didn't give a thing. It was just "taken".

Your not currently an employee are you.

No, I am not. But I have relatives and close friends who are current salaried employees so I know what is going on.

So why is it that everyone assumes that the salaried employees have not "given" concessions ? Actually, they didn't give a thing. It was just "taken".

No, I am not. But I have relatives and close friends who are current salaried employees so I know what is going on.

[/quote

THIS FORUM IS FOR FORD EMPLOYEES ONLY! There are other forums that you can post to on this site!

• Like 2

I know that lower salary has taken a hit. Never stated otherwise. Just pointing out that you overlooked our previous consession, And seemed to blast us for turning the minor one down.

And so you know, Ford will never be debt free as long as they are in buisness. :shades: