Toyota Stock VS Ford Stock

Opinons please. I am totally confused by the value of both stocks going up and down over this past week.

It's a good guess, yes. well for you and I, we are peon's in this. What I'm seeing is 100 MILLION shares trading daily on avg. now. That's not mom and pop trading. It's powerhouses just looking for profit period. You have so many variables. Options, they are also covering puts and takes, Long's shorts. Best example I can see, Ford posts a profit this week and what happened? nothing, no rise. Yet the press constantly talks up Ford now, no matter what. Stay away from whatever Cramer says, he's just trying to sell his product. the market isn't paying attention to him.

Hey I'm playing this and with 22K shares each penny means $200 to me. But in the last 2 days 3 maybe, it's dropped $1 . Why? Why because lemmings. actually control what happens. Toyoda has some trouble; not until Ford said China had to stop making vehicles then they started selling Ford off. Then it's economic indicators sliding ... only thing I can see is, when Ford posts good news, the stock price drops. then out of the blue it rises. Brokers are only in here for making a dollar anyway they can, run it up, dump, wait and rebuy.

Again was/is there any real justification for Ford to have slid from $65 down to $1.50? We are talking pure gambling here. Beginning of this week I thought it might settle above $12. It's actually $10.65 right now. So I have to justify a long on this stock. I don't know, If i did, I'd be Warren Buffet. As for toyoda who gives a fuck about them.

Ford has had a trememdous run from it's bottom. It's taking a breather. Lots of people are taking their profits.....hoping to get back in. A strong stock many times will not let you in at your price....we've been seeing that all last year.

I personally think you have to make a 3-4 year decision about the economy.....and Ford in particular. If you believe we started a new business cycle last year....that will run....with the usual back and fills....3-4 years, then you have to think Ford is a $25-30 stock toward the end of this business cycle. And just hang in there.

If you think our country is entering a double dip recession, that our president is out to ruin the economy, that our debt will run up rates that strangle the recovery..... etc......you better stay away from the stock market at this time.

Toyota is a huge company with impressive world wide assets and sales that just announced huge profits. The stock dropped a lot over it's recent bad news, maybe too much. A small rebound is normal. I don't take any comfort from their problems....same thing could happen to any auto maker. Toyota and Ford are different situations. One (Ford) is a recovery and growth situation, and one (Toyota) is a play on sales recovery and growth from this point for a company with a very impressive balance sheet. My money will be on Ford as a stock play, but Toyota may be the safer investment....over time. Also consider CAT and AA. Alcoa will also participate in any auto manufacturing recovery, and you don't have to bet on a particular car company.

Edited by Ralph Greene