Romeo Trades Overtime

Are you serious? Look, I started this because I have nowhere else to go when the plant chairman is not enforcing the contract. I am a dues paying union member and I like being part of a union, but representration here is non existent. I have called the servicing representative and still have no luck. The local union is dysfunctional and management here is taking advantage of the non union leadership. I'm all for a great working relationship with management, but we need the contract enforced on both sides, not just to benefit the company. Go buy a Toyota just hold on!

There is no one hear to help you. Thats why this looks politically motivated and a vision of a divided membership unable to agree to a common goal. I am being respectful and do believe everyone of us go above and beyond but these posts are repulsive.

This site is not where you get help from the UAW or Ford.

If you need help from the UAW follow the system and take notes with dates and who you contacted. Do not skip to different levels. Follow the exact order. Exhaust all options before contacting the next level stated below.

Here is the system to follow progessivley to address issues:

1) District Committee

2) Bargaining Committee

3) Chairperson

4) Local Rep

5)Local President

6) Regional Rep

7) Regional Director

8) International Rep

This has worked for me in the past. Be patient. The system works.

Good luck.

There is no one hear to help you. Thats why this looks politically motivated and a vision of a divided membership unable to agree to a common goal. I am being respectful and do believe everyone of us go above and beyond but these posts are repulsive.

This site is not where you get help from the UAW or Ford.

If you need help from the UAW follow the system and take notes with dates and who you contacted. Do not skip to different levels. Follow the exact order. Exhaust all options before contacting the next level stated below.

Here is the system to follow progessivley to address issues:

1) District Committee

2) Bargaining Committee

3) Chairperson

4) Local Rep

5)Local President

6) Regional Rep

7) Regional Director

8) International Rep

Good luck.

What if the system is broken? This is the system that tried to sell contract mods days before Ford posted a one billion dollar quarterly profit.

This is just a forum for people to vent their frustrations when they think their grievances fall upon deaf ears. As to the negative comments, anyone with half a brain realizes that the internet is rampant with anonymous trolls that can't be believed. I highly doubt those people are being taken seriously by anyone.

Politically motivated? Ya think?

Good luck................................

But it's broke louie.. the system is broke down. The Baron is right.

The system works.... Look what happend in October. The membership (the governing body of this great union) voted down the last proposal. It works. Follow the protocol listed above. You will see it works. Been around since 1941. Wasnt broken then and its not broken now.

But it's broke louie.. the system is broke down. The Baron is right.

The system works.... Look what happend in October. The membership (the governing body of this great union) voted down the last proposal. It works. Follow the protocol listed above. You will see it works. Been around since 1941. Wasnt broken then and its not broken now.

No it doesn't, the proposal should never have hit the floor and the reps sure as hell shouldn't have been pushing for a yes vote. That is NOT how the system is supposed to work. There was no reason to go back to the table but they did it anyway. How the hell is that working?

And to top it off, it was us giving more up with not even a promise of getting anything back. How is that negotiating?

Edited by local400future

No it doesn't, the proposal should never have hit the floor and the reps sure as hell shouldn't have been pushing for a yes vote. That is NOT how the system is supposed to work. There was no reason to go back to the table but they did it anyway. How the hell is that working?

And to top it off, it was us giving more up with not even a promise of getting anything back. How is that negotiating?

The system worked. The membership spoke. The system has been in place for almost 70 years. It aint broke.

The system worked. The membership spoke. The system has been in place for almost 70 years. It aint broke.

The point is that should never have come to that. While the system is still there, the people within the system have forgotten where they came from, so yes, the system is broken and we can fix it. Voting down the mods was a step.

Here in Romeo at Local 400 under the great and all powerful Randy we as tradesman have given up on our union to enforce the contract. The contract language states that we are to maintain a 56 hour overtime spread between the three area groups. Once the 56 hour threshhold is met the company is to supplement a group by going outside that group to the next lowest hour trade on the plantwide list. We have a particuliar group with people at 200 hours working while people with 70-90- hours are sitting at home on the weekends. It appears that the company tells Randy their interpretation of the contract and he says ok. What a joke. I've seen him and bitched at him and he says he'll correct the situation only to come in the next day to find everything exactly the same. I think he is in bed with the company. This is by far the weakest local I've been associated with. Even my supervisor says "I could tell you to do anything and what are you going to do? Call your Committeeman?" It is a sad state here when management knows they can do anything they want and Randy and Ellison won't do anything!!! It is so discouraging especially because we are paying for this unrepresentation!

Well we are right back where we started. Trades out of spread working and low hours staying home. Am being told that HR is enforcing their interpretation of the agreement and basing overtime from low hours of one area to low hours in the next. If they are within 56 hours then they can schedule whoever they want in their home area regardless of how far out of spread they are to the low people working in another department. Some working in their own area are almost 200 hours out of spread with tradesmen in the plant. Come on Randy and Brad, I thought we all work as a team at Romeo. Sure doesn't look that way to most of us. Please straighten this mess out and be fair to everyone for a change, not just the elite few.

Well we are right back where we started. Trades out of spread working and low hours staying home. Am being told that HR is enforcing their interpretation of the agreement and basing overtime from low hours of one area to low hours in the next. If they are within 56 hours then they can schedule whoever they want in their home area regardless of how far out of spread they are to the low people working in another department. Some working in their own area are almost 200 hours out of spread with tradesmen in the plant. Come on Randy and Brad, I thought we all work as a team at Romeo. Sure doesn't look that way to most of us. Please straighten this mess out and be fair to everyone for a change, not just the elite few.

Edited by CommonSenseAlwaysWorks