2011 F-150 Start Date

BlueOval5.0

I don't think the telescoping wheel would add any tangible lbs. And even it added 5 lbs, we all have that much cr@p in useless stuff in our door pockets.

The biggest loss in lbs will be the EB. Especially compared to the 6.2L. I would think a EB max tow would have at least a 200 lb payload advantage over a 6.2L max tow.

Could all this concern about weight be the reason the 36 Gal tank is NOT available with the 3.5L EB??

My 09 Platinum has the 36Gal tank and I love it! They should make it available and let the consumer decide.

I'm bummed, as I was really thinking about getting a 2011 with the 3.5L, but just cant give up the 36Gal tank! I know there is room under the the body for it to fit.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could all this concern about weight be the reason the 36 Gal tank is NOT available with the 3.5L EB??

My 09 Platinum has the 36Gal tank and I love it! They should make it available and let the consumer decide.

I'm bummed, as I was really thinking about getting a 2011 with the 3.5L, but just cant give up the 36Gal tank! I know there is room under the the body for it to fit.

That's what I figure. If gas weighs about 6 lbs per gallon you are talking an extra 60 lbs, plus the weight of the larger tank (they don't use plastic do they?) According to the EPA website and others you get about a 1% reduction in mpg for every 100 lbs added. So if the engine is 150-200 lbs lighter, and elec steering is lighter, and less gas, we might already be around 3% better. Then add whatever else Ford has done to reduce weight. Pretty soon, the 20% better fuel economy for the ecoboost over the 5.4 might be as much as 5 to 10% better just due to weight reduction. We are going to have to wait for Ford to release curb weights and see how they weigh compared to last years.

When I talked to a salesman at the local Ford dealer (Spradley Ford), I was told orders would not be taken until Nov. and earliest delivery would be late Jan. I'm thinking he didn't know what he was talking about?

Was he specifically talking about the EB?

Otherwise doesn't make sense.

It may be just another dealer telling a customer what he wants to hear, but pricing is supposed to be out next week with the order book open before Sep 30 to take advantage of current promos in Canada.

First customer deliveries in November.

This is as per Ed Learn Ford in St.Catharines, Ontario.

Edited by PitCritter