Chrysler ends 25-month sales skid by sending 58% of new vehicles to fleets

TomServo92

Went to FL and could not get a Ford minivan at all. Ended up with a Chrysler. Wasn't too happy at the time, but I guess it was better than the alternative foreign brand.

You couldn't get a Ford minivan? Whe was the last time a Ford minivan was built?

Three years ago I rented a Nissan Quest for a day. It was comfort, very powerful and handeled well. However, the brakes were scary as hell. They just didn't feel right. With 16 thousand miles on the clock, I wondered what the hell was going on.

Good. I refuse to drive a foreign vehicle, so I still have a choice for a minivan to drive when I take the family on vacation.

All 2010 & 2011 MY minivans with currently sold in the U.S. market are either a.) assembled in the U.S. by a non-U.S. company, b.) assembled outside the U.S. by a U.S. company, or c.) assembled outside the U.S. by a non-U.S. company.

If you refuse to drive a foreign vehicle, that's not much of a choice IMO...

Edited by aneekr

All 2010 & 2011 MY minivans with currently sold in the U.S. market are either a.) assembled in the U.S. by a non-U.S. company, b.) assembled outside the U.S. by a U.S. company, or c.) assembled outside the U.S. by a non-U.S. company.

If you refuse to drive a foreign vehicle, that's not much of a choice IMO...

I'll take option B. Canada is the 51st state, and a foreign badge makes a foreign car no matter where its assembled.

Tom Servo No1 post came from Autoblog, Autoblog No3 post gives Fords fleet numbers quote...

"While Ford sold about 56,000 cars last month to fleet customers, which can hurt auto makers because rental cars eventually are resold as used vehicles that can depress new-vehicle prices, the auto maker has also done a number of things right."

So in February Ford sold 56,000 fleet cars compared to Chryslers 48,619 in the US does it really matter?

As long as Ford are No1 in the US does it matter if Mexican Fusions are selling well as a fleet car as long as it keeps folk employed that is all that should matter, once smittern in a Mexican Fusion fleet car the driver might go on the become a private Fusion buyer its a win win for Ford selling into fleets.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds