6.2L Raptor - DTP guys/gals

jasonj80

This is for you guys/girls at Dearborn truck, I have a Raptor on order with the 6.2L and have been told by my dealer that they are on hold, but people on the Raptor board that ordered their trucks after me do have a VIN. Are there any hold ups with the trucks? Also how are orders done, my dealer says he has allocation for one and my order has a 10 priority I find it odd that someone who ordered after me would get their truck before me.

This is for you guys/girls at Dearborn truck, I have a Raptor on order with the 6.2L and have been told by my dealer that they are on hold, but people on the Raptor board that ordered their trucks after me do have a VIN. Are there any hold ups with the trucks? Also how are orders done, my dealer says he has allocation for one and my order has a 10 priority I find it odd that someone who ordered after me would get their truck before me.

[/quote

There are some production problems with the 6.2L engine right now. Some of the Raptors on the road right now have 5.4's in them. That's what I've been hearing.

Don't worry :)

Every new model that is built is put on a "quality hold". Which is exactly what is happening with the 6.2L Raptor. This allows the plant to make sure that all is well and no final tweaks need to be done. It also ensures NOT having to have recalls at a later date.

I have driven both the 5.4 and the 6.2 - YOU will NOT be dissapointed that you waited. I just hope you are prepared for the repeated gas station trips.

Let us know what you think of your new truck when it arrives.

• Like 1

:happy feet: Just Dyno tested 10 Rapters on the B Crew last night. They have choosen 1 Dyno operator from each shift to be responsible to test (configure the modules)(putting the brains in the truck) so as to get these units ready for shipment. Choosing 1 operator allows the company to detail the truck and speak only to one operator, per shift rather than 24 operators. Once any quality concerns are resolved, we will be shipping. Then we all will be in full tilt with this new BEEFY Raptor. It's really fun to drive!!!

• Like 1

:happy feet: Just Dyno tested 10 Rapters on the B Crew last night. They have choosen 1 Dyno operator from each shift to be responsible to test (configure the modules)(putting the brains in the truck) so as to get these units ready for shipment. Choosing 1 operator allows the company to detail the truck and speak only to one operator, per shift rather than 24 operators. Once any quality concerns are resolved, we will be shipping. Then we all will be in full tilt with this new BEEFY Raptor. It's really fun to drive!!!

That must be a b-crew thing, everybody rolls them on a-crew.

Edited by fordtpworker1993
  • Like 1

Don't worry :)

Every new model that is built is put on a "quality hold". Which is exactly what is happening with the 6.2L Raptor. This allows the plant to make sure that all is well and no final tweaks need to be done. It also ensures NOT having to have recalls at a later date.

I have driven both the 5.4 and the 6.2 - YOU will NOT be dissapointed that you waited. I just hope you are prepared for the repeated gas station trips.

Let us know what you think of your new truck when it arrives.

Good to know -- I've been having second thoughts on getting the 6.2L vs. the 5.4L as I'd have it now. But the Power of the 6.2L, well you can never have enough power. Just by seat of the pants, how much faster is the 6.2L? Does it sound different?

It is a truck -- If I was going for gas mileage I'd be tooling around in a Fusion Hybrid. 

One thing I'm annoyed with is that I couldn’t get power folding mirrors on it, but they are offered on other F-150's, but I have read they can be added after so I will end up doing that mod but would have been nice to pay $150 and had them on from the factory.

I'm very excited for the Truck! Hopefully I will have it in a month. I still don’t have a VIN yet, but ordered at the beginning of Jan.

That must be a b-crew thing, everybody rolls them on a-crew.

:stirpot: Really? J. Taylor told me only one will roll them on each shift . . . Maybe I got screwed . . . That would explain why many of the b crew operators try to avoid rolling the Raptors as well as the STX with the shifter on the floor. . . Matter of fact some avoid the Harleys also. . .

• 2 weeks later...

6.2's will be shipped by Weds, hopefully by the end of this weekend. :happy feet:

I have spent my week sitting outside babysitting them, moving them around and counting them. We have them divided into sections- those that have the graphics installed, those that need the graphics installed, those that are ready to ship and those that need to be verified for shipping (by the engineers). The ready to ship section had greatly increased and the needs to be verified section has gotten much smaller.

B Crew Predelivery is working Saturday night to send them all down the CAL line (inspection). Unfortunately, we don't have a ship date yet.

Edited by FemInstaller

I have spent my week sitting outside babysitting them, moving them around and counting them. We have them divided into sections- those that have the graphics installed, those that need the graphics installed, those that are ready to ship and those that need to be verified for shipping (by the engineers). The ready to ship section had greatly increased and the needs to be verified section has gotten much smaller.

B Crew Predelivery is working Saturday night to send them all down the CAL line (inspection). Unfortunately, we don't have a ship date yet.

There may be two additional Saturdays to complete this shipment as was mentioned to me late last night.

He's right........................I've watched them move from lot to lot to lot. Somewheres around 500 of em.

He's right........................I've watched them move from lot to lot to lot. Somewheres around 500 of em.

I've heard there might be an issue with the crank sensor on the 6.2.. its located at the back above the flywheel, not sure what the issue is but its not easy to get to.. on the 5.4 its located up front..

:woohoo: Just got home from working the B Shift Saturday Raptor Work . . . Much of the units have been completed and we were told that all these units will be shipped by Wednesday. . . This vehicle launch is too important, just to ship without making it a quality unit. . . We shouldn't forget that this is a whole different vehicle than what we are use to building!

:woohoo: Just got home from working the B Shift Saturday Raptor Work . . . Much of the units have been completed and we were told that all these units will be shipped by Wednesday. . . This vehicle launch is too important, just to ship without making it a quality unit. . . We shouldn't forget that this is a whole different vehicle than what we are use to building!

I agree- this launch is really important. I don't remember working that hard or moving that many trucks on overtime before. It seemed that for once- management had its act together. The trucks were re-inspected and then routed according to one of six sections out in the yard.

I did learn something interesting. The Raptors graphics (an option) are being installed at AAI in Flat Rock. A few years ago, AAI added a state of the art facility to stripe the Shelby Mustang. While it would be nice if DTP had this ability - at least the work is being done by another UAW facility.

I agree- this launch is really important. I don't remember working that hard or moving that many trucks on overtime before. It seemed that for once- management had its act together. The trucks were re-inspected and then routed according to one of six sections out in the yard.

I did learn something interesting. The Raptors graphics (an option) are being installed at AAI in Flat Rock. A few years ago, AAI added a state of the art facility to stripe the Shelby Mustang. While it would be nice if DTP had this ability - at least the work is being done by another UAW facility.