ORDER GUIDE OPTION #S

jdaallen

Does anyone know the OPTION CODES for the "side scoops" and the "illuminated door sills"? The Order Guide (01/20/10) doesn't show them yet if you go to the Ford web site and "Build & Price" page, it shows thoes options with a price. My dealer can't find them in her Order Guide either.??

Does anyone know the OPTION CODES for the "side scoops" and the "illuminated door sills"? The Order Guide (01/20/10) doesn't show them yet if you go to the Ford web site and "Build & Price" page, it shows thoes options with a price. My dealer can't find them in her Order Guide either.??

It sounds like these are items you can buy from the dealer and have installed by the dealer. These items are shown on the last page of the brochuer so that would be my guess.

HI jdaallen. :D As bztz mentioned, those are not factory options, they are "Genuine Ford Accessories". You would order them through the Dealerships Parts Department or another seller of Ford Parts, then have them installed by the Dealer or an aftermarket installer, or install them yourself.

Good luck. :beerchug:

HI jdaallen. :D As bztz mentioned, those are not factory options, they are "Genuine Ford Accessories". You would order them through the Dealerships Parts Department or another seller of Ford Parts, then have them installed by the Dealer or an aftermarket installer, or install them yourself.

Sorry guys, but they are factory installed options. They are in the order guide for the Base V6 and the GT and I've seen them on cars right off the transport. It's just that there is not a Option Code in the GT 500 order guide, yet, it is on the option list in the "Build Your Own" site on FORD.COM with pricing. My dealer can't find the option code for them but aknowledges they are on the option list. ??

Sorry guys, but they are factory installed options. They are in the order guide for the Base V6 and the GT and I've seen them on cars right off the transport. It's just that there is not a Option Code in the GT 500 order guide, yet, it is on the option list in the "Build Your Own" site on FORD.COM with pricing. My dealer can't find the option code for them but aknowledges they are on the option list. ??

While I don't know about the lighted door sillplates, the side scoops are available from the factory as part of an accessory package as detailed below:

941 Accessory Pkg 1 • Base & GT Premium Coupes 627.00 720.00

(N/A Base & GT ex Premium Coupes or Convertibles or Shelby GT500) (N/A w/Rapid Spec-203A or 402A or Stripes-943) Includes Side Scoops, Deck Lid Face Panel & Quarter Window Louvers.

945 Accessory Pkg 5 • GT Premium Coupes 1,279.00 1,470.00

(N/A Base, GT ex Premium Coupes or Shelby GT500) (N/A w/R/V Monitor-77C, Accessory Pkg 1-941 or Stripes-943) (Req's Rapid Spec-400A or 401A & Spoiler Delete-13D) Includes Hood & Side Scoops, Pedestal Spoiler, Deck Lid Face Panel & Quarter Window Louvers.

Hi jdaallen. :D According to the information I have available and the information you have provided, my reply was correct. So, to explain: You seemed to be inquiring about Order #s for those two features as individual factory installed options (side scoops and lighted door sills). And the answer to that question is that according to Ford, they are not available as individual factory installed options.

They can be had one of two ways:

1 - Ordered as part of factory installed option packages (not individually).

2 - Ordered Individually as "Ford Genuine Accessories". Then either Dealer or customer installed. But if not Dealer installed at time of vehicle purcahse, they will not be covered under the Factory Warranty (3 years/36,000 miles)..

They are not available individually Factory installed. That is why there are no Order #'s for those individual options.

So while you are correct that the side scoops and lighted door sills are available as part of particular option packages (i.e. 941 or 945), they are bundled with other options/features you may not want and did not include in your original question. So as stated earlier, they are not available as factory installed individual options.

So if you want them as part of the 941 or 945 option packages, you can order those option packages. But you also will pay for and get all the other features in those packages, whether you want them or not. If that is what you want, then order the option packages..

As to what is listed on the "Build Your Own" site. If you look again, you will see that those features (side scoops and lighted door sills) are available individually as "Genuine Ford Accessories". That means they are Dealer installed. Or you can purchase and make other arrangements/install yourself. Why is this? Because Ford has finally done what many other manufacturers have done for years...make the task of accessorizing their cars easier and available in the initial buying process. It makes it easier for the buyer to accessorize their cars and makes it easier to sell accessories. It also gives the buyer full Factory Warranty coverage, if they are Dealer installed at time of vehicle purchase. In this same vein, you will notice that a car cover is listed in the same "Accessories" section as the side scoops. And a car cover would certainly not be considered a "Factory Ordered Option".

Obviously, if someone can come up with information showing otherwise, then we will go from there. But for now, neither Ford or your Ford Dealer lists Order #'s for those features as individual factory options.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi jdaallen. :D According to the information I have available and the information you have provided, my reply was correct. So, to explain: You seemed to be inquiring about Order #s for those two features as individual factory installed options (side scoops and lighted door sills). And the answer to that question is that according to Ford, they are not available as individual factory installed options.

They can be had one of two ways:

1 - Ordered as part of factory installed option packages (not individually).

2 - Ordered Individually as "Ford Genuine Accessories". Then either Dealer or customer installed. But if not Dealer installed at time of vehicle purcahse, they will not be covered under the Factory Warranty (3 years/36,000 miles)..

They are not available individually Factory installed. That is why there are no Order #'s for those individual options.

So while you are correct that the side scoops and lighted door sills are available as part of particular option packages (i.e. 941 or 945), they are bundled with other options/features you may not want and did not include in your original question. So as stated earlier, they are not available as factory installed individual options.

So if you want them as part of the 941 or 945 option packages, you can order those option packages. But you also will pay for and get all the other features in those packages, whether you want them or not. If that is what you want, then order the option packages..

As to what is listed on the "Build Your Own" site. If you look again, you will see that those features (side scoops and lighted door sills) are available individually as "Genuine Ford Accessories". That means they are Dealer installed. Or you can purchase and make other arrangements/install yourself. Why is this? Because Ford has finally done what many other manufacturers have done for years...make the task of accessorizing their cars easier and available in the initial buying process. It makes it easier for the buyer to accessorize their cars and makes it easier to sell accessories. It also gives the buyer full Factory Warranty coverage, if they are Dealer installed at time of vehicle purchase. In this same vein, you will notice that a car cover is listed in the same "Accessories" section as the side scoops. And a car cover would certainly not be considered a "Factory Ordered Option".

Obviously, if someone can come up with information showing otherwise, then we will go from there. But for now, neither Ford or your Ford Dealer lists Order #'s for those features as individual factory options.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Thanks, it's clear now. Guess I was reading but not paying attention to what it was saying!! :doh::doh: