August shut down?

flint

How is that going to work for "C" crew????

Do we get the shaft again and get no full weekend off????

Someone needs to restock the vasiline at the front door.

Since there is no national holiday being observed contractually the day after the actual holiday, c-crew will almost certainly work Sunday and start the vacation on Monday same as everyone else.

That is the only reason they fucked up July's shutdown because the fourth fell on a Sunday but if you read your contract the July 4th holiday is observed on July 5th this year. So it was they work us on the 4th or they do what they did to ensure we had the actual 4th off this year.

My only beef is they did not have the vacation schedule worked out before the April 1st deadline , which should rightfully allow anyone the option to take a layoff week for the first shutdown week instead of burning a vacation week (Volume IV page 390).

• Like 1

You get a premium pay to work C Crew for a reason, you work weekends. Bump to days or afternoons if it bothers you so much.

At most plants you get the same premium as c -crew for getting to work before 5 a.m. at those plants you get a 50% premium for working weekends. Obviously this person cant bump to another shift.., Back Glass try to have compassion for your union brother instead of contempt, attitudes like yours is what has worked to undermine the solidarity and strength of our union.

C-crew was and is a bad deal 10% premium is not an acceptable trade of for some one to give up every weekend and work a swing shift. You seem to be implying that people with out seniority to bump deserve to suffer, the brothers and sisters on c crew are not 90 day wonders.

When I hired in I ran across people like you who told me I didn't have nothing for seniority they had 5 yrs and that was something, now I have nearly 15 and those same people are still saying the same stuff cause they've got nearly 20. When Dtp did cuts in 08 it took nearly 10 yrs to stay.

Back Glass when you get screwed over next time hopefully your Committee Man tells you to find another job if you don't like what is happening. We are all in this together.... and c-crew regularly makes less money on lay-offs, is forced to work when the rest of the Union is on holiday so they can have Sun. off. These and many other issues are unique to their situation, just because International and local 600 sold these people out does not mean that we the members need to follow suit.

• Like 1

At most plants you get the same premium as c -crew for getting to work before 5 a.m. at those plants you get a 50% premium for working weekends. Obviously this person cant bump to another shift.., Back Glass try to have compassion for your union brother instead of contempt, attitudes like yours is what has worked to undermine the solidarity and strength of our union.

C-crew was and is a bad deal 10% premium is not an acceptable trade of for some one to give up every weekend and work a swing shift. You seem to be implying that people with out seniority to bump deserve to suffer, the brothers and sisters on c crew are not 90 day wonders.

When I hired in I ran across people like you who told me I didn't have nothing for seniority they had 5 yrs and that was something, now I have nearly 15 and those same people are still saying the same stuff cause they've got nearly 20. When Dtp did cuts in 08 it took nearly 10 yrs to stay.

Back Glass when you get screwed over next time hopefully your Committee Man tells you to find another job if you don't like what is happening. We are all in this together.... and c-crew regularly makes less money on lay-offs, is forced to work when the rest of the Union is on holiday so they can have Sun. off. These and many other issues are unique to their situation, just because International and local 600 sold these people out does not mean that we the members need to follow suit.

I am hearing rumors that c-crews are done and the new direction of management is to run production 3 shifts Monday thru Friday under a traditional schedule. Weekends for maintenance.

So if true maybe you wont have to worry about the c-crew problems anymore.

• Like 1

I am hearing rumors that c-crews are done and the new direction of management is to run production 3 shifts Monday thru Friday under a traditional schedule. Weekends for maintenance.

So if true maybe you wont have to worry about the c-crew problems anymore.

:stop: We are not suppose to know that!!! . . . The union will not be notified until the details are worked out. . . 3 Crews have been a source of complaints for years and the company wants to address them, but had put them on the back burner until this economy is settled. . . That information, or any information that comes through private sources, is only to help us to PREPARE if needed, to make any transition. . . Many want names, dates, etc, but that won't happen. . . Example: During a downturn in the company and not having a lot of seniority, I was given info to put extra cash aside for what could or was going to be happening. . . That extra time helped my family and I go through a rough time. . . 3 shifts, 5 days is still on the table, but so are some other plans. . . 3 shift plants are always vaunlerable to changes. . . Was it Michigan Truck or Assemble that had gone through changes with 3 Crews in the past? . . . Was told sometime ago that an upgrade of the computer software was needed to handle the 3 shift plant, e.g. overtime equalization among other payroll problems. . . $100.000 upgrade. . . Hasn't happened and may never. . .

:stop: We are not suppose to know that!!! . . . The union will not be notified until the details are worked out. . . 3 Crews have been a source of complaints for years and the company wants to address them, but had put them on the back burner until this economy is settled. . . That information, or any information that comes through private sources, is only to help us to PREPARE if needed, to make any transition. . . Many want names, dates, etc, but that won't happen. . . Example: During a downturn in the company and not having a lot of seniority, I was given info to put extra cash aside for what could or was going to be happening. . . That extra time helped my family and I go through a rough time. . . 3 shifts, 5 days is still on the table, but so are some other plans. . . 3 shift plants are always vaunlerable to changes. . . Was it Michigan Truck or Assemble that had gone through changes with 3 Crews in the past? . . . Was told sometime ago that an upgrade of the computer software was needed to handle the 3 shift plant, e.g. overtime equalization among other payroll problems. . . $100.000 upgrade. . . Hasn't happened and may never. . .

As I had said this may just be a rumor since it did not come from a reliable source.

Edited by Grim Reaper
  • Like 1