Medco -- is it new ?

Why42

Salaried have been using it for "maintenance" drugs for years.

Works well. ZERO co-pay on many prescriptions and free home delivery.

We used to use Medco a few years ago but now the local Riteaid gives you the same deals. We pay the same 10.00 dollars for a 90 day supply at Riteaid as we did at Medco and i don't have to wait to have them shipped to my home. It has been available for years. I got the same notice in the mail. i guess they are advertising it.

• Like 1

Salaried have been using it for "maintenance" drugs for years.

Works well. ZERO co-pay on many prescriptions and free home delivery.

I have to ask what exactly works well with Medco ? This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They lie to you and try to dictate to you what medication you are to receive. They think they know more about you than your family doctor does. Oh and by the way my meds are 20.00 dollars for generics and 50.00 dollars for name brands for 90 days supply. My wife has to take 10 different meds and I have to take 2. It is simply hell trying to get these filled with this company. You should do a internet search about this company and you will find pages and pages of complaints about this company. I say again what works well with this company ?

I have to ask what exactly works well with Medco ? This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They lie to you and try to dictate to you what medication you are to receive. They think they know more about you than your family doctor does. Oh and by the way my meds are 20.00 dollars for generics and 50.00 dollars for name brands for 90 days supply. My wife has to take 10 different meds and I have to take 2. It is simply hell trying to get these filled with this company. You should do a internet search about this company and you will find pages and pages of complaints about this company. I say again what works well with this company ?

:redcard: I'm really sorry that your having this problem with MEDCO. . . Are you on retirement? If so, I may never retire. LOL Yeh, right. . . I've been with MEDCO since the inception with the UAW and have never had any problems with them, but have heard from my doctors office that others have had problems also, but the doctors office hasn't any problems with the MEDCO with my account. . . I'm sure going to be reading with interest what others comment on this subject.

:redcard: I'm really sorry that your having this problem with MEDCO. . . Are you on retirement? If so, I may never retire. LOL Yeh, right. . . I've been with MEDCO since the inception with the UAW and have never had any problems with them, but have heard from my doctors office that others have had problems also, but the doctors office hasn't any problems with the MEDCO with my account. . . I'm sure going to be reading with interest what others comment on this subject.

I'm Retired from NAP, It's true about the price, I have to order all my Maint. drugs for my type 2 diabetes from medco 4 at $20 one at $ 50 for 90 day scripts. I have only two problems and one is with my doctor, he'll only fill for 2refills at a time his explantion so i will have to see him at least twice a year for office visit which i have to pay now [$122 a visit] and other problem is with medco only accepting fax forms from the doctor instead of him phoneing it in.

I'm Retired from NAP, It's true about the price, I have to order all my Maint. drugs for my type 2 diabetes from medco 4 at $20 one at $ 50 for 90 day scripts. I have only two problems and one is with my doctor, he'll only fill for 2refills at a time his explantion so i will have to see him at least twice a year for office visit which i have to pay now [$122 a visit] and other problem is with medco only accepting fax forms from the doctor instead of him phoneing it in.

[

:stats: There's just no comparing prices since your retired and I'm not. My wife is Type 2 also and her meds are $16. Lipitor is $16 for me and just started Blood Pressure Meds which my doctor said it would be better to buy them on the open market, since he fears that the insurance companies will begin reviewing customers who may be some what of a risk down the road and may charge more. I've been paying $4 a month for those meds. . . MEDCO emails me when my scripts are due for renewal and they will notify my doctor. . . My doctor renews it and I get a phone call from MEDCO when the doctor has ok'd it and when I can expect them through the mail. . . If the doctor feels he needs to see me, I get a call telling me to make an appointment before he renews any meds. . . My office visits? . . . I pay $150 a year out of pocket then the insurance picks up the rest. . . I'm beginning to think I better start looking at buying some other insurance to pick up what is not covered from VEBA. . . Would you agree? : :drop:

I am retired and live in N E Ohio. Everyone I know has had problems with Medco. My doctors office thinks they are terrible too.