Permanent Production Jobs For Trades

Yesterday at DTP I noticed a new posting for Permanent Production Jobs For ILO'd Trades in Chicago. The number of positions they are looking for is around 960. The posting said they will fill the positions by seniority. It seems to me that the number of volunteers was lower than what they were looking for on the last posting, cant imagine many trades making that move. At what point if any can the start to force us to take those positions, and what are our options?

• Like 1

Yesterday at DTP I noticed a new posting for Permanent Production Jobs For ILO'd Trades in Chicago. The number of positions they are looking for is around 960. The posting said they will fill the positions by seniority. It seems to me that the number of volunteers was lower than what they were looking for on the last posting, cant imagine many trades making that move. At what point if any can the start to force us to take those positions, and what are our options?

They are not going to force anyone in zone 1,2 or 7. The union said that these zone's have enough work. With AAI losing a shit and Romeo's ILO we shall see. I would like so see were they plan to put everyone to keep them working.

They are not going to force anyone in zone 1,2 or 7. The union said that these zone's have enough work. With AAI losing a shit and Romeo's ILO we shall see. I would like so see were they plan to put everyone to keep them working.

The company does not care if you take a move to Chicago, once you run out of sub and tap you are out without any pay or benefits. They are going to hire supplemental workers in your place at Chicagp if you do not choose to go. They are fine with that. You won't have the right to transfer later once you run out of sub and tap.

• Like 1

The company does not care if you take a move to Chicago, once you run out of sub and tap you are out without any pay or benefits. They are going to hire supplemental workers in your place at Chicagp if you do not choose to go. They are fine with that. You won't have the right to transfer later once you run out of sub and tap.

You're right. That's the way it was explained to me. CYA. (Cover your ***).

• Like 2

thats correct...its deal or no deal time...or as ford says job or NO job???? u dont go then your benefits stop immediately and u get sub pay go read the agreement...if u get "forced moved" to Chicago then u better go or else..see ya..

i would think that they would not be able to force a skilled tradesman working temp. production to chicago for a full time production job. but you never know with our union/company.

• Like 1

i would think that they would not be able to force a skilled tradesman working temp. production to chicago for a full time production job. but you never know with our union/company.

Cant force Skilled to a out of zone production job. This is only a voluntary option for Skilled.