New Order Fusion

ougeno

Ordered 6 14 Fusion Sport White with charcoal interior and 402A pkg when do think i will get it? Have been on this board lurking long time and have learned about the Fusion Sport fom all of you and decided this was the car for me! Sept??

I ordered mine last week.

I expect it to arrive first week of Sept.

What trim, color, and package? Sorry saw your post on the transmission problem and see you are getting another Sel.

Edited by ougeno

Same thing that I own now except the color... 2011 doesn't have Smokestone.rant.gif

New car will be Sterling Gray.

I hope the trans issue is fixed for the 2011 MY.

Yes hope it is and the smokestone color was great. Well now the long long wait for the new Fusions.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered 6 14 Fusion Sport White with charcoal interior and 402A pkg when do think i will get it? Have been on this board lurking long time and have learned about the Fusion Sport fom all of you and decided this was the car for me! Sept??

Sport White? I don't see that on their build configurator. And do you mean a white Sport model, because they don't offer the Sport in white.

Sport White? I don't see that on their build configurator. And do you mean a white Sport model, because they don't offer the Sport in white.

The 2011 Sport can be had in White Platinum. 2011 Sport can also be had in Blue Flame, Red Candy, Tuxedo Black, and Ingot Silver. Absolutely horrible color options on the Sport, IMHO. Blue Flame? This is a 30k sedan not a teenager's Focus. How about Kona Blue?

The 2011 Sport can be had in White Platinum. 2011 Sport can also be had in Blue Flame, Red Candy, Tuxedo Black, and Ingot Silver. Absolutely horrible color options on the Sport, IMHO. Blue Flame? This is a 30k sedan not a teenager's Focus. How about Kona Blue?

Yes the White Platinum will look nice and from what i have read about the only change for 2011.

OK, I see the problem. Ford's web site still only has the 2010 build configurator up, not 2011. I'd like to see the Sport in the white. I agree about the color choices. I may have been tempted by the white if it had been available when I ordered my 2010, as it sits out all the time. I got Tuxedo Black. Not as bad to care for as people warned me. As nice as the Tuxedo Black is, the dark color really hides what I think are beautiful lines in the sheetmetal design. Ford needs to spend just a little effort to bring the Fusion Sport into "maturity" -- allow a spoiler-delete option (it looks so 1980's). Have some grownup and modern colors. I like the idea of Kona Blue. That is one of the best colors Ford has released in a while. The silver is so bland -- what ever happened to Silver Birch? And remember the Mineral Grey on the 2005 Mustangs? They also had a burgundy-looking red on the Fusions for a year or two. That is still my favorite. And the Steel Blue on the Escape and Taurus is so gorgeous. Why can't we get that on the Fusion too? Ford really is letting the Fusion line down with the color choices. Lastly, IMHO, they should not offer the red or blue inserts for the interior. That really cheapens the line. Looks comical. With all due respect to those who have it and like it. Matter of taste. I absolutely love my Sport and would get it again in a minute, but it's still a 9/10 effort. Paddle shifters anyone?

Edited by 89-Pony

I hope that all the bugs are worked out since this is the same as the 2010. 89-Pony glad to see it wasn't your transmission and that they fixed your problem. I do read where the 402A pkg has the GDO and rain senc wipers added. My lease on a 07 Pacifica is out sept 1st so hope the Sport is in right after that.

I hope that all the bugs are worked out since this is the same as the 2010. 89-Pony glad to see it wasn't your transmission and that they fixed your problem. I do read where the 402A pkg has the GDO and rain senc wipers added. My lease on a 07 Pacifica is out sept 1st so hope the Sport is in right after that.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Yep, I've put about 130 miles on since the fix and it's running as strong as ever.

Ford's website now has the 2011 info. You can see all the color options now (only 5 available on the sport).

So the Comfort Package (heated seats, ambient lighting, etc) is STILL only available with the 402A package for an additional $2,995. Unbelievable that you have to get a moonroof and navigation just to get these simple options on the Sport, while they come standard on the SEL. Hey Ford: Why can't we get these simple options on the Sport without ponying up another $2,995? And you can't get Bordeuax Red on the Sport. Unbelievable. Still a 9/10 effort. :banghead:

Edited by 89-Pony

So the Comfort Package (heated seats, ambient lighting, etc) is STILL only available with the 402A package for an additional $2,995. Unbelievable that you have to get a moonroof and navigation just to get these simple options on the Sport, while they come standard on the SEL. Hey Ford: Why can't we get these simple options on the Sport without ponying up another $2,995? And you can't get Bordeuax Red on the Sport. Unbelievable. Still a 9/10 effort. :banghead:

I am not happy about the dark chrome on the grill and the my key for kids i don't have.

Congrats on your new Sport. I have a question. I went on the Ford Web site and pulled up pictures of the 2011 Sport and noticed it seemed to have a blacked out or more of a Charcoal grill. The panel around the third brake light and the trim around the fogs as well seemed to be blacked out. On my 2010 all these are Chrome. It really stands out on a white car. Was this a Job change for 2011 or just the web site?

Thanks

Edited by lincolnman

Congrats on your new Sport. I have a question. I went on the Ford Web site and pulled up pictures of the 2011 Sport and noticed it seemed to have a blacked out or more of a Charcoal grill. The panel around the third brake light and the trim around the fogs as well seemed to be blacked out. On my 2010 all these are Chrome. It really stands out on a white car. Was this a Job change for 2011 or just the web site?

Thanks

I think this is a change for 2011 i prefer the shiny chrome, but will love whatever it is!

I don't care for it, at least not as standard. I'd wish it would just be an option.

It's just the Sport with dark chrome the rest of the Fusions have the shiny chrome. This will show off the Sport from the rest of the line. I think job 1 starts july 26 on 2011 should be out in sept.

Edited by ougeno

• 3 weeks later...

You don't need to elect navigation to get the heated seats and ambient lighting. (Put another way, navigation is a stand-alone option). I see your frustration with lumping the moonroof and everything else to get the "comfort items". I think ambient lighting should just be standard, period. Then offer a package with heated seats, dual EATC, power passenger seat, heated mirrors....then Moon/Tune. As it stands, the way it's set up now would benefit me because I want everything in the Comfort Package. But, I don't like the smoked/charcoal grill/trim...nor do I like the boy-racer color seat inserts. This aint a Civic.

I really want the extra power of the 3.5L, but I don't want to dick around with the seats, etc. It's all good, though---when it's time to replace my '09, I'll just look for a used '10 MKZ or maybe a used SHO (I've actually seen a couple in my area on Autotrader!)

You don't need to elect navigation to get the heated seats and ambient lighting. (Put another way, navigation is a stand-alone option). I see your frustration with lumping the moonroof and everything else to get the "comfort items". I think ambient lighting should just be standard, period. Then offer a package with heated seats, dual EATC, power passenger seat, heated mirrors....then Moon/Tune. As it stands, the way it's set up now would benefit me because I want everything in the Comfort Package. But, I don't like the smoked/charcoal grill/trim...nor do I like the boy-racer color seat inserts. This aint a Civic.

I really want the extra power of the 3.5L, but I don't want to dick around with the seats, etc. It's all good, though---when it's time to replace my '09, I'll just look for a used '10 MKZ or maybe a used SHO (I've actually seen a couple in my area on Autotrader!)

You don't have to get the blue or red seat inserts/trim. You can get the all black interior with white stitching on the Sport.

Yesterday my salesman called and said my Sport has not been built because a shortage of the 3.5 V6! Sure i bet that is right!

Your salesman has a valid point; the most recent 'Production Update' at Donlen's site for Fusion/Milan/MKZ indicates that V6 cars may have lead times increased by 4 weeks or more. Though the note mentions only the 3.0L engine for the Fusion, the MKZ (which comes exclusively with the 3.5L engine) has extended lead times as well, ranging from 14 to 16 weeks.