heat stress program

long donkey

Can anyone tell me what your heat stress policy is at your plant? I do not have ours with me, I left it at work, but will post ours on here tomorrow. I need to know what guidelines the other plants/facilities use. Specifically what I to know is; at what temperature do you start taking wet bulb readings, and what wet bulb temperatures trigger what action (i.e. distributing water, Gatorade, and extra break), how often do you take wet bulb readings, and how much extra break do you get? I would also like to know if the water, Gatorade, and extra break is given hourly, and if not hourly then how often? Do you have any language in your local agreement, and what is it if you do?

Thanks in advance

Can anyone tell me what your heat stress policy is at your plant? I do not have ours with me, I left it at work, but will post ours on here tomorrow. I need to know what guidelines the other plants/facilities use. Specifically what I to know is; at what temperature do you start taking wet bulb readings, and what wet bulb temperatures trigger what action (i.e. distributing water, Gatorade, and extra break), how often do you take wet bulb readings, and how much extra break do you get? I would also like to know if the water, Gatorade, and extra break is given hourly, and if not hourly then how often? Do you have any language in your local agreement, and what is it if you do?

Thanks in advance

I work at WAP,but i do not know the policy.I can tell you its brutal in trim no air movement away from fans.It has hit 104 in trim and they passed out water but that was not an OFFICIAL temp reading.So they sped up the line to make up for the cost of the water.I cannot imagine what it must be like for the guys and gals working in the southern plants.Gotta love summer in an assembly plant the heat,humidity,the smell of baby powder and B.O. good times,......good times!!

Our Heat Stress Program:

If the outdoor temp exceeds 90* Wet bulb (WBGT) test every 2 hrs until outdoor temp falls below 90*

WBGT TEMP ACTION

81.5-83.9 BOTTLED WATER

84.0-86.4 BOTTLED WATER & BOTTLED SPORTS DRINK

86.5-87.7 BOTH FLUIDS & 5 MIN EXTRA BREAK / HR

87.8 & ABOVE BOTH FLUIDS & 10 MIN EXTRA BREAK / HR

New cooling neck wrap offered annually. Fully stocked ice chest available 5/15 -9/30.

KCAP Hot weather official policy:

Here, have a nice hot bottle of water that was cold a couple hours ago when we got them sorry it took so long to get them to you and get yer ass back to work we're going 10.7.

That's when it's really hot.

Otherwise it's hope you have time to get to a drinking fountain.

KCAP Hot weather official policy:

Here, have a nice hot bottle of water that was cold a couple hours ago when we got them sorry it took so long to get them to you and get yer ass back to work we're going 10.7.

That's when it's really hot.

Otherwise it's hope you have time to get to a drinking fountain.

At KTP we get Gatorade and or water if the temp is over 90degrees.... We do not get heat breaks every hour or anything else.

Our heat index has been over 110 already this year and our temps will be 97,100 and 102 wext week and thats not heat index.

At least someone gets an Ice Chest full of Ice, I know Frame Plant (Diversified) has one also. Hell DTP Body doesn't have one, and it wouldn't matter anyway cause the team leaders and no supervisors are ever around to give you a break and god knows what will happen to you if you walk off the line which you can't anyway cause you'll get shot if you stop the truck line.. lol

This is BS and our union needs to do something about it. Who the hell has time to ask a team leader to go get Gatorade packets from the crib to hand to you only to take 3 more minutes to pour it into your bottle!. Our union is paid to drive that cart around, so why don't they drive it around and pass out cold bottled water??? they don't do it at Truck Body. I don't know if they do it at truck plant or trim or paint.. hmmm..

Lets start voting out these people so we can get people in that actually care about workers..

BTW if you do not have a personal fan (which personal fans were negotiated in one of the older contracts) then you need to walk off the damn line and go to medical. If enough people do this they will install fans.... Start growing balls people.. Don't act like your kidnapped to the line, show them you're not afraid to take matters into your own hands by standing up.

Remember the more confusion you cause to the line the less they are going to want you working on that line. Let them know you need fans and floor mats!!! don't be held hostage to the 4600..

Edited by 995