Bill Ford to get $4.2 million "after years without salary"

Things are going so well when do we get back something from what we lost?it's time to return something to the UAW workers.Let's share the wealth.Come on Bob King what do you think of this what will you win back for the workers you are suppossed to represent.Score now is Bill Ford 4.2 million UAW worker 2 broken contracts minus 15000 dollars.Read Bill's letter to the workers it will make you want to vomit http://www.freep.com/article/20100806/BUSINESS0102/100806078/1318/Ford-e-mail-to-workers-I-never-doubted-our-success Remember he 's part of our team .Why don't you return to your team the bonus we lost this year.I for one am tired hearing how well Ford is doing from it's leadership without tangible proof being given the worker.Things are well enough to compensate Bill Ford and the salaried employees but not not well enough to compensate the worker.Come on Bill you get the money we get empty words I don't see that as team play.A real team shares but not this team.If we were a hockey club who won a victory on Bill Fords team he'd get the pizza and beer and we'd get to watch him eat and drink without even being thrown a crust.You get the Whopper we get the empty bag Bullshit.

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 2

Things are going so well when do we get back something from what we lost?it's time to return something to the UAW workers.Let's share the wealth.Come on Bob King what do you think of this what will you win back for the workers you are suppossed to represent.Score now is Bill Ford 4.2 million UAW worker 2 broken contracts minus 15000 dollars.Read Bill's letter to the workers it will make you want to vomit http://www.freep.com/article/20100806/BUSINESS0102/100806078/1318/Ford-e-mail-to-workers-I-never-doubted-our-success Remember he 's part of our team .Why don't you return to your team the bonus we lost this year.I for one am tired hearing how well Ford is doing from it's leadership without tangible proof being given the worker.Things are well enough to compensate Bill Ford and the salaried employees but not not well enough to compensate the worker.Come on Bill you get the money we get empty words I don't see that as team play.A real team shares but not this team.If we were a hockey club who won a victory on Bill Fords team he'd get the pizza and beer and we'd get to watch him eat and drink without even being thrown a crust.You get the Whopper we get the empty bag Bullshit.

Come on, leave Bill alone. He's just a liitle guy like us when it comes to compensation. Look what Mullaly makes...Equity of Sacrifice, ROFLMAO.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/news/1005/gallery.ceo_pay_options/index.html

• Like 2

If it's so bad here you guys can go work somewhere else.

You also could have went to school and been higher in a company, everyone makes there own choices.

How about if I just inherit the company.Sometimes the combination of sperm and egg is the choice.

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 3

I'll probably be shot, but I find this topic very interesting. Why do one group of workers compare their salary with another group that don't perform similar jobs? Football players should compare against other football players, janitors against other janitors. If I'm a sales rep for a pharma company, I'm interested in what the guys at Eli Lily are making in my position - or sales reps for Kimberly Clark, Sony, Polaris, and Dole. If I work on an assembly line, I'd compare my pay and benefits to the GM, Hyundai, Honda, the steel industry and other similar workers.

The profit sharing has remained unchanged at Ford. If Ford is successful, each worker shares in that success. I understand that there may be a disagreement to the equity of bonus.

If I'm a company, I'm trying to retain talent on the blue collar, white collar, and executive levels. I'd look at how much I have invested in a person, what their future looks like with the company, and what would happen in terms of cost and productivity if they left. I'd look at what other companies are offering in the industry and similar industries and estimate their immediate and future hiring needs. I'd look at the equation and base the compensation around that.

We don't see a lot of voluntary turnover within Ford at the blue collar level because Ford pays more the market value for the work. If Ford paid less than market value, more employees would choose to leave without the need of a package because it would make financial sense.

• Like 3

I'll probably be shot, but I find this topic very interesting. Why do one group of workers compare their salary with another group that don't perform similar jobs? Football players should compare against other football players, janitors against other janitors. If I'm a sales rep for a pharma company, I'm interested in what the guys at Eli Lily are making in my position - or sales reps for Kimberly Clark, Sony, Polaris, and Dole. If I work on an assembly line, I'd compare my pay and benefits to the GM, Hyundai, Honda, the steel industry and other similar workers.

The profit sharing has remained unchanged at Ford. If Ford is successful, each worker shares in that success. I understand that there may be a disagreement to the equity of bonus.

If I'm a company, I'm trying to retain talent on the blue collar, white collar, and executive levels. I'd look at how much I have invested in a person, what their future looks like with the company, and what would happen in terms of cost and productivity if they left. I'd look at what other companies are offering in the industry and similar industries and estimate their immediate and future hiring needs. I'd look at the equation and base the compensation around that.

We don't see a lot of voluntary turnover within Ford at the blue collar level because Ford pays more the market value for the work. If Ford paid less than market value, more employees would choose to leave without the need of a package because it would make financial sense.

:hysterical: maybe we should just compare ourselves to the workers in mexico or china or any other third world country were slavery is permitted or should I say slave wages

i bet there management don't fare much better than there hourly slaves :bowdown:

:hysterical: maybe we should just compare ourselves to the workers in mexico or china or any other third world country were slavery is permitted or should I say slave wages

i bet there management don't fare much better than there hourly slaves :bowdown:

How about comparing to other auto manufacturing companies in the US? Didn't think so.

• Like 1

Agreed.

Sheesh Billy, I got no problem w/ you getting $10 million this year. But damnit, give the hourly and salaried folks back what we gave up. That's all.

• Like 2

I personally don't see a problem with Bill's salary. Some people seem to have forgotten that it is his family name on the front of the building. If it weren't for his great-grandfather, none of us would be where we are today. The rest of the execs are WAY over compensated though.

• Like 3

I personally don't see a problem with Bill's salary. Some people seem to have forgotten that it is his family name on the front of the building. If it weren't for his great-grandfather, none of us would be where we are today. The rest of the execs are WAY over compensated though.

One Question what did Bill live on the last 4 or 5 years

He used his Job Bank with sub pay :hysterical:

Oh i get it he worked for nothing Fact is he didn't work he hired Alan to do his job for him :happy feet:

Edited by uawxlt

It'll be alright for them. Bill Clinton made more than 10M/year after he left the presidency.

We'll see what the GM CEO makes after they are a publicly traded company again.

You don't seem to get the point .Ford is doing well enough to reward Bill Ford,Allen,Mullaly and the salaried employees.It should be able to share this prosperity with the hourly workers at Ford.In the end who cares what everyone else is making I work for Ford not anyone else Ford is propering. .Bill Ford says we are part of the team share with your team.it is a matter of fairness.Who can afford to sacrifice more the multimillionaire or the hourly worker.Have you ever heard of the trickle down theory Marginal economist that when a company is doing well the wealth is shared from the top down.Well not at Ford we don't get the trickle we get pissed on.

Edited by skeptic

You don't seem to get the point .Ford is doing well enough to reward Bill Ford,Allen,Mullaly and the salaried employees.It should be able to share this prosperity with the hourly workers at Ford.In the end who cares what everyone else is making I work for Ford not anyone else Ford is propering. .Bill Ford says we are part of the team share with your team.it is a matter of fairness.Who can afford to sacrifice more the multimillionaire or the hourly worker.Have you ever heard of the trickle down theory Marginal economist that when a company is doing well the wealth is shared from the top down.Well not at Ford we don't get the trickle we get pissed on.

Maybe you should give back your "PROFIT SHARING" check from last year and not accept next years either since you feel that way.

• Like 2

Maybe you should give back your "PROFIT SHARING" check from last year and not accept next years either since you feel that way.

Look at the math genius I lost at least 15000 dollars in contract concessions my profit share was 450 dollars they might as well have kept it.

• Like 1

:hysterical:

you funny that little check was nice thank you Alan less than 1 percent of what I give up

its ok Alan and company get fully reimbursed for there little give back oh minus the interest the might have earned hiding it in a swiss bank

also these rich ceo's and wallstreet thugs never lose there still rich no matter what happens to big to fail :hysterical:

these clowns with there harvard degrees have broke this great nation and have not sacrificed one thing

private jets prime rib n lobster dinners nice vacations oh they won't eat shrimp right now to greezy and the funny thing is no one on wallstreet jumped like they did in the 1930's

So i will go and enjoy my bologna sandwich like everyother working american oops no bologna tonight we got hotdogs :happy feet:

Edited by uawxlt

Please help me remember the rewards the salaried recieved back (not the executives). I recall STAP and a return of a annual bonus similar to the profit sharing the UAW recieves. STAP for salaried must be approved on an individual basis by an LL4+ (in some cases LL2+) and must show an impact on the business unit the employee works in. I'm not sure on the UAW requirements. The Bonus for GSR employees amounts to something in the neighboorhood of 3% for 2010, which will be payable in 2011 if all the business targets are met at 100%. If they are not, the bonus decreases. I'd imagine the profit sharing check for the UAW will also be in the same 3% range - 2K for a 60K a year worker. If you'd like to continue to compare the blue collar worker's pay to the CEO and President of the company, more power to you. I'm sure that will get you far. We can also discuss pensions and medical benefits, but those items have generally been more beneifcial to the UAW represented worker.

To reiterate - I appreciate the UAW and the folks who build our cars and parts. Ford's quality is at an all time high. I'd like to see some of the sacrafices you've made over the past 4-5 years returned. I think it is unrealistic to see it all return as the compensation is a function of demand. Dividends need to be reutrned to stockholders and Ford needs to further pay down their staggering debt. I think the return of STAP and the annual bonus was made to slow the turnover that was happening in the GSR ranks. I've had 5 friends leave the company in 2009 without a package because there were better opportunities elsewhere. Some of the companies would pay for grad school, other offered less than 55 hour work weeks with higher pay.

We can talk about supply side economics elsewhere - it is more of a tax policy than a compensation model.

Please help me remember the rewards the salaried recieved back (not the executives). I recall STAP and a return of a annual bonus similar to the profit sharing the UAW recieves. STAP for salaried must be approved on an individual basis by an LL4+ (in some cases LL2+) and must show an impact on the business unit the employee works in. I'm not sure on the UAW requirements. The Bonus for GSR employees amounts to something in the neighboorhood of 3% for 2010, which will be payable in 2011 if all the business targets are met at 100%. If they are not, the bonus decreases. I'd imagine the profit sharing check for the UAW will also be in the same 3% range - 2K for a 60K a year worker. If you'd like to continue to compare the blue collar worker's pay to the CEO and President of the company, more power to you. I'm sure that will get you far. We can also discuss pensions and medical benefits, but those items have generally been more beneifcial to the UAW represented worker.

To reiterate - I appreciate the UAW and the folks who build our cars and parts. Ford's quality is at an all time high. I'd like to see some of the sacrafices you've made over the past 4-5 years returned. I think it is unrealistic to see it all return as the compensation is a function of demand. Dividends need to be reutrned to stockholders and Ford needs to further pay down their staggering debt. I think the return of STAP and the annual bonus was made to slow the turnover that was happening in the GSR ranks. I've had 5 friends leave the company in 2009 without a package because there were better opportunities elsewhere. Some of the companies would pay for grad school, other offered less than 55 hour work weeks with higher pay.

We can talk about supply side economics elsewhere - it is more of a tax policy than a compensation model.

So if Bill ford did not receive his 4.2 million he would have left the company maybe gone to GM or Chrysler.

you are so full of shit and yes you stink

lets talk about pay a line supervisor makes a base salary of 6800 a month so lets start there there bonus is based on performance how hard they beet there slaves

and the big bonus comes during rebalance ie task then the overpaid supeindents area managers and so on there like new york cock roaches there everywhere with there blades out cutting every hourly throat that will let them

so go screw yourself and your salary bullshit lets help the company and cut a few of these worthless salary people

a blind man can see who these worthless supervisors are they have a vest radio and pace the floor

most are a managers kid or for political reason i can't say there name race creed or national whatever