Bill Ford to get $4.2 million "after years without salary"

hahhahahahah I love all you guys!..

The Dirty one tho is really a class act, but I like'em cause he's funny now that I know who he is but I won't put his name in here like he does to me.. lol

Did the fans and mats get installed yet?

They brought fans in for the trades workers while we where off, downside it is because they are not running the bigfoots.

hahhahahahah I love all you guys!..

The Dirty one tho is really a class act, but I like'em cause he's funny now that I know who he is but I won't put his name in here like he does to me.. lol

Did the fans and mats get installed yet?

Want me to post your last name and a pic too?? Chuck Ive told you on here many times that you have some good ideas. But then you also say stufff that makes you look like a complete idiot like all ford employees should trade in their ford vehicles for GM ones, You stated that this would bring the company to its knees. Do you realize sales to employees are probably one or two percent of total sales for the company and that with Aplan the company breaks even at best on employee sales?? This would amount to a pin prick in the companies sales. And i agree wwith you about fans..they were building a bunch of them last week in Final in the skilled trades area

Edited by The Dirty One DTP

Want me to post your last name and a pic too?? Chuck Ive told you on here many times that you have some good ideas. But then you also say stufff that makes you look like a complete idiot like all ford employees should trade in their ford vehicles for GM ones, You stated that this would bring the company to its knees. Do you realize sales to employees are probably one or two percent of total sales for the company and that with Aplan the company breaks even at best on employee sales?? This would amount to a pin prick in the companies sales. And i agree wwith you about fans..they were building a bunch of them last week in Final in the skilled trades area

If you thought I was serious about buying GM vehicles then your mistaken. The only GM vehicle I own is a Corvette and it's my donor car for my GTM FFR I'm building, other then that I drive Fords. I hope something is being done about fans at least somewhere in the plant, a little progress is better then no progress at all. As far as posting my photo and my last name no that would not be cool and could get you banned from the forum I would assume, but if someone would like to see my photo they can email me at my website, and I'll send them my old union campaign flyer photo of me not a problem. Not that I'm going to run, but Its of my best side, so I like to use that one the most cause I really look good in it.

0805kc_02_z+2006_factory_five_racing_gtm+.jpg

In about 1500 hours I'll be driving down Michigan Ave and when you see this car you'll know it's me bud!.. Although it might be next summer cause they are not getting these roads done soon enough!. :)

Edited by 995

If you thought I was serious about buying GM vehicles then your mistaken. The only GM vehicle I own is a Corvette and it's my donor car for my GTM FFR I'm building, other then that I drive Fords. I hope something is being done about fans at least somewhere in the plant, a little progress is better then no progress at all. As far as posting my photo and my last name no that would not be cool and could get you banned from the forum I would assume, but if someone would like to see my photo they can email me at my website, and I'll send them my old union campaign flyer photo of me not a problem. Not that I'm going to run, but Its of my best side, so I like to use that one the most cause I really look good in it.

0805kc_02_z+2006_factory_five_racing_gtm+.jpg

In about 1500 hours I'll be driving down Michigan Ave and when you see this car you'll know it's me bud!.. Although it might be next summer cause they are not getting these roads done soon enough!. :)

So when you posted we should all buy GM you were joking according to your last message?? So we should all disregard all of your posts because you could be joking ?Kinda blows what little credibility you have. And I should look for you in your "Alleged" Faggy YELLOW corvette at 3pm?? Though like you said it might be next summer instead(are you high on something?)...Im not impressed bud

So when you posted we should all buy GM you were joking according to your last message?? So we should all disregard all of your posts because you could be joking ?Kinda blows what little credibility you have. And I should look for you in your "Alleged" Faggy YELLOW corvette at 3pm?? Though like you said it might be next summer instead(are you high on something?)...Im not impressed bud

Why do I get the feeling you would love it if it were in primer?

<cue banjos>

:shades:

If it's so bad here you guys can go work somewhere else.

You also could have went to school and been higher in a company, everyone makes there own choices.

LMAO, really? Who the hell are you kidding? I have a higher education than probably 60% of the bosses. I hate to tell you this my friend but it absolutely does not always work that way. But I do thank them for paying for my entire education from my Associates to a Graduate Degree.

I'll probably be shot, but I find this topic very interesting. Why do one group of workers compare their salary with another group that don't perform similar jobs? Football players should compare against other football players, janitors against other janitors. If I'm a sales rep for a pharma company, I'm interested in what the guys at Eli Lily are making in my position - or sales reps for Kimberly Clark, Sony, Polaris, and Dole. If I work on an assembly line, I'd compare my pay and benefits to the GM, Hyundai, Honda, the steel industry and other similar workers.

The profit sharing has remained unchanged at Ford. If Ford is successful, each worker shares in that success. I understand that there may be a disagreement to the equity of bonus.

If I'm a company, I'm trying to retain talent on the blue collar, white collar, and executive levels. I'd look at how much I have invested in a person, what their future looks like with the company, and what would happen in terms of cost and productivity if they left. I'd look at what other companies are offering in the industry and similar industries and estimate their immediate and future hiring needs. I'd look at the equation and base the compensation around that.

We don't see a lot of voluntary turnover within Ford at the blue collar level because Ford pays more the market value for the work. If Ford paid less than market value, more employees would choose to leave without the need of a package because it would make financial sense.

Hmmm or you could have better business sense and pay the CEO of the company compensation that is more in line with the Japanese counterpart. Is our CEO doing anything different compared to Mr. Toyoda?

If your argument is that if your a company and you are trying to retain good blue collar talent, why are so many hourly with degrees subjected to no promotional opportunities and remain on the assembly line with the same wage? If I were a company and I spent a lot on educating the hourly, I would want to make use of my money. If I'm on the assembly line and I also become educated far more so then the highest boss that runs the joint shouldn't his compensation be more in line with mine? So how do you solve this problem?

Not a lot of voluntary turnover? What the heck do you call the buyout then? Trust me that was all voluntary. People voluntarily left in droves!! Your right, step up Ford, if you really want to promote this " so called team spirit," pay back the hourly workers who share in making your company more profits by building the fine quality of cars that they do instead of getting rich off the backs of them. Each worker should share in the success because they stayed loyal by not stepping away, they made concessions, they continue to work hard with less people, and they truly remain proud of what they build so that quality remains good.

Hmmm or you could have better business sense and pay the CEO of the company compensation that is more in line with the Japanese counterpart. Is our CEO doing anything different compared to Mr. Toyoda?

If your argument is that if your a company and you are trying to retain good blue collar talent, why are so many hourly with degrees subjected to no promotional opportunities and remain on the assembly line with the same wage? If I were a company and I spent a lot on educating the hourly, I would want to make use of my money. If I'm on the assembly line and I also become educated far more so then the highest boss that runs the joint shouldn't his compensation be more in line with mine? So how do you solve this problem?

Not a lot of voluntary turnover? What the heck do you call the buyout then? Trust me that was all voluntary. People voluntarily left in droves!! Your right, step up Ford, if you really want to promote this " so called team spirit," pay back the hourly workers who share in making your company more profits by building the fine quality of cars that they do instead of getting rich off the backs of them. Each worker should share in the success because they stayed loyal by not stepping away, they made concessions, they continue to work hard with less people, and they truly remain proud of what they build so that quality remains good.

Good points - I'll try to address some now, more later.

I posted some other CEO's financial situations earlier in this thread. It appears Mr. Toyoda has been taken care of. There is also is a bit different culture in Japanese companies than American or European companies. Traditionally, white collar and blue collar workers in Japan can expect lifetime employment. Performance is judged over a decade rather than a quarter. For better or worse, it is a different culture. In the US, many white collar workers make more money than their Japanese bosses. There is a shift towards increased executive pay in Japan over the last 2 years. Japanese companies are struggling to keep talent in a global economy.

Blue Collar Advancement - I'm all for the UAW worker moving into the salaried ranks. If they have the experience and education necessary to perform the job, I'm 100% for it. I'd think the employee would need to apply as other Ford salaried folks through the Ford career website. I'd be for setting up a management training program at the plant/HVC level. My concerns would be that politics/seniority would be play to large a role.

Turnover - without buyouts, how many UAW workers would leave? The pay has been stagnant, but with unemployment rates hovering around 10% there are not a lot of options. The same can be said for much of the white collar management. If you've been in 20 years and your career advancement has stalled, the same situation applies. The return of STAP (ETAP) is great as it targets the younger worker for the most part who are more likely to leave. 25-35 year olds who want to get an MBA or other degree commit to Ford for the duration of the program plus an additional two years.

Until trade policies dramatically shift or costs in other coutnries catch up with the US, manufacturing jobs in the US will continue to dry up.