A question about options

DCS

I've poured over the options I plan on ordering when it's time to put in the order for a new Mustang, and I was curious about the options and how they are determined for a given build.

Do option availability change during a model year? For instance, the GT/CS isn't available in Sterling Gray Metallic. That seems to be something that could change with no additional engineering or ... anything, really.

Are changes of that type something that ever happens mid year?

Edited by DCS

I've poured over the options I plan on ordering when it's time to put in the order for a new Mustang, and I was curious about the options and how they are determined for a given build.

Do option availability change during a model year? For instance, the GT/CS isn't available in Sterling Gray Metallic. That seems to be something that could change with no additional engineering or ... anything, really.

Are changes of that type something that ever happens mid year?

It happens but not usually with colors. If it isn't available now (and doesn't show late availability in the order guide) then it's very doubtful that will change until the next model year.

It happens but not usually with colors. If it isn't available now (and doesn't show late availability in the order guide) then it's very doubtful that will change until the next model year.

Thanks akirby!

Are the order guides available on-line? All I've used so far is the configurator on the Ford "Build a Mustang" site.