Average wait time for Mustang?

docguinn

Well just to throw in my 2 cents.. This is the third time I have ordered a Mustang.. and quite frankly EACH time I have done it, its turned out to be a nightmare.. The first time with the model change in 05' I ended up just giving up after 7 months and settling for a vehicle on the lot. The second time with my 2010 GT.. It was unbelievable the wait and delays.. and AGAIN I ended up searching around and finding one sitting on a lot that was as CLOSE to what I ordered as I could find. Now with the 11 I even waited well into the build, even after all the peoples posts of waiting endlessly, cars sitting on Ramp 51 forever, delays delays delays, until I noticed people started getting their new GTs and no more delays .... it seemed.. I ordered my 2011 GT I think on 6/23 -- not 100% sure of that date but I know it was toward the end of June. Usually would check in with the dealer once in a while, not in a big hurry from previous experience knowing it could take a while. I also knew with my option choices my car would be a job 2 build so I didnt expect it to hit the schedule until August. Then the first week of September my dealer called me to let me know my car had been "bucked" and was on the schedule.. with a tentative delivery date of 9/23. So waited until 9/23 to check in with the dealer and he pulled it up on the computer and it showed the car had been released from the factory.. Well its now 10/5 so Im starting to wonder where my car went since Im in NW Ohio and not too far from the plant.. so I called the Ford CS line today to check on the car.. I gave her the VIN and she told me that the car was actually built and released on 9/10 and that her last update had the car released to blah blah shipping company .. lol I dont remember the name but that was the last update she could find on it was 9/13 --- Thats 3 weeks almost -- and she couldnt tell me where the car was right now or why it was taking so long and I should contact my dealer again to see what resources he had to locate the vehicle. Yet again when I talk to the dealer they only see it was released from the plant on 9/10 -- Once again stuck in limbo with no one able to find out where this car is OR why it is taking so long for it to get here.. Hell I could have walked to Flat Rock from my house and drove it home myself 2 times over in 3 weeks time..

I guess the biggest problem I see here is that cars just seem to *disappear when they leave the plant and take random times to find their way to their dealerships or new owners.. and because I work in a car factory.. its all the more frustrating since I know how long it takes to build one and get it out the door..

I just cant understand why Ford doesnt have a system in place as people have mentioned beforewhere you can just go to a site and punch in your VIN and find out where the car is.. I mean come on you can pull up a window sticker that way.. how much harder would it be to pull up where that car is now.. it has to be in some computer somewhere..

It does get very frustrating to have a $40K investment just be LOST with nobody having any information as to where, or WHY its lost.. It just seems to be that using the old "build it your way option" and ordering a car is just a nightmare everytime you do it.. I mean this is the 3rd time Ive ordered one and ALL 3 times the car has taken WAY more than the 6-8 week time they tell you it will .. and along the way NOBODY knows WHY its taking so long and where it is for all those weeks after its been built.. my 2010 I ordered in MArch that year, as I said I gave up on it and got one from another dealer, but it finally showed up at the dealership in September..

ok senseless babbling done.. lol *tired worked night shift last night and havent slept yet.. apologies for tha rambling rant..

For Mustang customers in particular there has been a lot of frustration in shipping delays to which I am very sympathetic. We've gone through this for several model years now and unfortunately things don't seem to be getting any better. Our Dealership has a retail/sold 2011 Mustang GT Premium Coupe that arrived at a "Junction Point" in New York on September 27th but still needs to move to the final ramp destination at Guilderland, NY before being loaded onto a car carrier for delivery to the Dealership. I notified the customer when the vehicle was in the plant being built to expect delays beyond the Dealership's control and have sent him regular updates on his vehicle's shipping status. Fortunately, I've developed a good relationship with the customer by providing him with regular updates and my reminders about shipping delays so that he hasn't been surprised by the delays. Even so, it's very frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Received my vin and window sticker on 11/9 and according to Cyberman I have a tenative delivery date of 11/27.

i ordered Nov 1st and got my vin last saturday the 13th.

You lucky guys are seeing real progress. I'm going to ask my salesperson why mine hasn't been pulled. Maybe there's a dealer allocation issue they're keeping from me. And if they don't know, they should speak with their Ford Zone Rep to find out why. When I ordered, the saleperson was told 6-8 weeks by their Zone Rep. I hope I see some progress soon. Thanks both of you for sharing your status.

Hang in there i ordered mine on 10/11/10 got my vin a few weeks later but mine window sticker did not show up until a week before the car started being built.11/12/10 build week. and now a ETA of Nov 25

And look one more post and you can ask the man himself if you dont have a vin you need a order and dealer number i think but be sure to read the rules and you will be fine :)VinTrackingRules

and post it here then VinTracking done by Ford employees and all they ask in return seems to be a picture of your new ride once it finds its home :)

Edited by rodmoe

Hang in there i ordered mine on 10/11/10 got my vin a few weeks later but mine window sticker did not show up until a week before the car started being built.11/12/10 build week. and now a ETA of Nov 25

And look one more post and you can ask the man himself if you dont have a vin you need a order and dealer number i think but be sure to read the rules and you will be fine :)VinTrackingRules

and post it here then VinTracking done by Ford employees and all they ask in return seems to be a picture of your new ride once it finds its home :)

thanks no enough posts lol. i tired sending him a PM see if he does it lol

thanks no enough posts lol. i tired sending him a PM see if he does it lol

"In order to post in this forum, you will have had have made 10 posts on this site."

Naw all you need it ten to post a request and it looks like you are over that now give it a try You should be able to ask Cyberdman now :)

Edited by rodmoe

• 2 weeks later...

I hear you on waiting :( mine is built Nov.12 2010 and is sitting at ramp 5P now... i am told it is being held for Quality Check. NO ETA :( i have heard the stories of waiting another 2 to 4 weeks once it goes in to QC !

But your mileage may vary :)

not much else to do but wait i guess and maybe whine a little bit :) LOL

I hear you on waiting :( mine is built Nov.12 2010 and is sitting at ramp 5P now... i am told it is being held for Quality Check. NO ETA :( i have heard the stories of waiting another 2 to 4 weeks once it goes in to QC !

But your mileage may vary :)

not much else to do but wait i guess and maybe whine a little bit :) LOL

It's a true test of paitence, I have none! The dealership probably can't wait for it to come in, so I will leave them alone...lol

• Like 1