STAP closure date

stapelec

Wow ...knew it was coming but to actually have the date ...man i feel for you guys that are left there

there's rumor amongst the retirees that there may be a call to help out with some of the units that the "new " CAI repairmen can't figure out how to repair

i seriously doubt it but with FoMoCo you never know

• Like 1

Wow ...knew it was coming but to actually have the date ...man i feel for you guys that are left there

there's rumor amongst the retirees that there may be a call to help out with some of the units that the "new " CAI repairmen can't figure out how to repair

i seriously doubt it but with FoMoCo you never know

These repairmen in CAI are smarter than the old bunch,Ford does not want your old school bullshit in the plant, why do you think they got rid of you in the first place,

this place runs a thousand times better without you old dogs, now go back to Tim's and talk about how you did this and did that.

Nuff Said.

• Like 1

Not shocking.

It's been known for years that unless the laws change, the current version of the Panther can not be produced once September 1, 2011 comes along.

I'd imagine that the last car will have rolled off the line before that date comes around.

Thanks Kenny.

These repairmen in CAI are smarter than the old bunch,Ford does not want your old school bullshit in the plant, why do you think they got rid of you in the first place,

this place runs a thousand times better without you old dogs, now go back to Tim's and talk about how you did this and did that.

Nuff Said.

Ya think...we were repairing cars there while you were still in your old man's balls. If we had stayed you would have been on the unemployed line long ago. :finger:

• Like 1

Ya think...we were repairing cars there while you were still in your old man's balls. If we had stayed you would have been on the unemployed line long ago. :finger:

Your talking to a guy that has 29 years,not saying they are all smart but still have some pretty good guys out there.

Leadership was around Thursday and told the membership that the letter is being looked at by the National so except to see it some time next week.

Your talking to a guy that has 29 years,not saying they are all smart but still have some pretty good guys out there.

Leadership was around Thursday and told the membership that the letter is being looked at by the National so except to see it some time next week.

Why would you post that if you have 29 years in? You are no spring chicken yourself.

• Like 1

Why would you post that if you have 29 years in? You are no spring chicken yourself.

Because I do have that much time, I'm just saying that some of these repairmen have alot of skill too, for someone to post that there's a call for help from the old repairmen because the new ones don't know how to fix the problems is dead wrong, alot of these repairmen have been back there for quite some time so I think they know.

And your right , I'm no spring Chicken.lol

Lets not get all worked up

just saying that there is alot of buzzz (from management) about calling some retired CAI repairmen in .....( i know it won't be me ....lol.......6 cars a day was my limit ...lol )

Tony your safe Winston won't be back either ....lol

If this happens it will not be right. post those positions in plant and bring in more laidoff workers. Too bad if they have to train 2or 3 guys to replace the one guy retiring. But you do not hire a retiree while there are people laidoff. Those that CHOOSE to retire or seperate from the company made that choice. I did not choose to be laidoff from Ford not once but twice Windsor Oct 2006 and the fiasco at Oakville in 2008 (worked appox 50 working days).

Edited by fordwindsor

So it took them 4 days to agree to a contract to close the place, but will take them 2 weeks to go over the closure letter?

Yeah right.

Great job Kenny

I'm sure you won't get any retiree's in to work that would be soooooo weird , were all glad to be out of that place

don't forget there were a lot of retiree's forced to retire at 65, rather than retiring when they chose to'... Early retirement can be a death sentence if you aren't ready... I'd MUCH rather see someone stay until they're 70 than see their name on the board 4 months after retirement...

That being said..? i only know of ONE situation where a retired Hourly worker was brought back (Ali the Millwright in Body)... i can't imagine the scores of temps coming in will add workload to CAI...

Now that there is an official date can someone tell me if in the contract wording does it state that 'ALL' employees will be paid until the exact closing date? Production will no doubt slow and people will be let go early, so will that leave the local Union exec. to be the only ones there till the very end?

Now that there is an official date can someone tell me if in the contract wording does it state that 'ALL' employees will be paid until the exact closing date? Production will no doubt slow and people will be let go early, so will that leave the local Union exec. to be the only ones there till the very end?

The way I understand it, Aug.31/2011 is the last day of production. Sure to expect they'll be plenty of downweeks prior to that, especially after we stop buliding the GM at the end of this year. Anyone can leave now with their packages, except the ones sitting on the bubble or planning to retire. There will be some trades after the 31st but no-one knows for how long at this point.

Information is pretty lacking at this point, alot of guessing and rumours.

Edited by stapelec

Can someone clarify this. If you take STEP, you can leave at anytime. If there is a transfer op to Oakville, you can transfer before closure. If you will be retiring you have to stay to the closure date.

The only thing I can tell you for certain, is that the people that are leaving now have taken the STEP program, about 90 people. There were 27 people who did have new jobs, they were retirement eligable, they were told they couldn't leave because of some government loophole. I doubt there will be anyone transferring to Oakville.

Well, we got our letters from Ford today and as confirmed earlier the date is Aug. 31, 2011, which oddly enough is a Wednesday.

What's strange about the letter is the wording, instead of saying the plant will be closed on that date, it uses the phrase "permanently idled". We've looked in the agreement and called the union and as of yet we have not found a definition of the phrase "permanently idled"

I'm sure it has something to do legaleeze, but does anyone have an exact definition?

Thanks

Edited by stapelec

Well, we got our letters from Ford today and as confirmed earlier the date is Aug. 31, 2011, which oddly enough is a Wednesday.

What's strange about the letter is the wording, instead of saying the plant will be closed on that date, it uses the phrase "permantly idled". We've looked in the agreement and called the union and as of yet we have not found a definition of the phrase "permantly idled"

I'm sure it has something to do legaleeze, but does anyone have an exact definition?

Thanks

Sounds to me like a politically correct way of saying GET THE F*&K OUT... WE DON"T NEED YOU ANYMORE ...AUG.31,2011....just a guess??

Sounds to me like a politically correct way of saying GET THE F*&K OUT... WE DON"T NEED YOU ANYMORE ...AUG.31,2011....just a guess??

I'd say that's a given.

I guessing it has something to do with the government, if they say "closed" they have to demolish the building and return it to farm land. If they say "permanently idle" it buys them time of what to do with the building, and ultimately saving Ford money.

I'd say that's a given.

I guessing it has something to do with the government, if they say "closed" they have to demolish the building and return it to farm land. If they say "permanently idle" it buys them time of what to do with the building, and ultimately saving Ford money.

Ford owns the land and the building (actually, I believe it's the Ford Family that owns the land), so I don't see how the Government can tell them what to do with it.

As for your question about the wording, my guess is the same; legal mumbo jumbo

• Like 1

Ford owns the land and the building (actually, I believe it's the Ford Family that owns the land), so I don't see how the Government can tell them what to do with it.

As for your question about the wording, my guess is the same; legal mumbo jumbo

When it comes to evironmental issues, the government can tell Ford exactly what to do, weather it's their land or not. Ford just can't leave the building standing and walk away.

Edited by stapelec