CAW 1520 EMBRACES 2 TIER WAGES

Stap guy

We have been notified that Ford will be bringing in temps till STAP closes. These "temps" are actually laid of Windsor brothers. Preferential hiring rules should apply right??? HECK NO!! These laid off brothers and sisters will only get temp rate, minimal benefits and no pension credits, BUT, they do get the honor of paying union dues. Bless the caw for their hardwork and selfless dedication. If I was one of these new "temps" I would be disgusted with our unuon!!

The CAW at Cami has also embraced 2 tier wages. Again Lewenza says one thing then sells us out in the next breath. Why would anyone want to represented by these guys!!!

I am sure as for as the national is concerned 1520 no longer exists except for that big union dues cheque the get very month. Mind you the local representation ended a long time ago also!!

Edited by Stap guy
  • Like 2

I've heard this rumor but does anyone know if it's true?I highly doubt it.I asked about this and the union said it wasn't true.I don't see how they can get around paying senority employees their rate.I also doubt many Windsor guys come here though...why come for a year then lose your recall to your home plant?

We have information sessions on Monday and Tuesday next week regarding this. From what we know, the above is true. Another kick in the nuts. We understand if they will not top up sub or give us full benefits because it being a TEMP position, but to pay us $10/hr less is not right. After St. Thomas closes we go back to laidoff status on the Windsor seniority list ( ie. we have and maintain Windsor recall rights).

• Like 1

I guess that changes things alittle.If true they are letting you come as temps but still allowing you to retain Windsor recall rights.Two wrongs don't make a right but who knows anymore.So for keeping your rights in Windsor you are giving up pay and benefits to get a year work.The contract tends to be an ever changing book anymore...can't say I'll miss this dog and pony show in a years time.Our union forefathers must be rolling in their graves.

• Like 1

The way it is set up, the union can look after themselves, and screw the ones paying them. This is what happens when you let an outfit that is supposed to serve you in return for payment, indoctrinate you, and become an integral part of your life, instead of being an agency that you pay to do a service, and whose contract you can terminate on it's expiry date, or renew as you see fit. They say that you are the union, yourself. If I am the union, why am I paying them? I don't want to be the one doing what I am paying them to do. I am not educated or trained to do that type of work. It is all brainwashing. They call the shots, and you do what you are told or else. If they were lawyers, they would have been dis-barred long ago. What we need to have representing us is a legitimate law firm whose licence to practice law is on the line if they make any crooked deals. We choose who we want and for how long. None of this employee involvement and cult-like hokus pokus.

Edited by Trimdingman

They want you to quit, retire or take buy outs, Ford wants to reduce it's workforce by another 30% by 2014 or sooner. 8 more plants are slated to close in 2014, but I can't seem to find out which ones from my source at the glass house.

Funny how our profit paid for their nice west side window covers of the F-150 truck!. I love looking at it when I drive by, but my pocket is light from it and Bill Ford. Jr's pocket is 42 million heavier. Go figure.

BTW, our union needs to get rid of these temp workers or make them full scale wage and get rid of this two tier wage system. Yes it's saving the company millions per week, but if our union was doing what it's been hired to do (by us) then we wouldn't be having this crap.

Also turn all these ACH plants back to a blue oval and allow people to return if your not selling them!. Lets get on the ball IUAW!.

• Like 1

If FORD closes 8 plants then FORD won't be in business in the United States....I think you and your source are full of SHIT!!!!!

Ford has plenty of small secondary plants that they could outsource. It looks like the goal is to eventually outsource everything. The union is going along with this plan because they are representing the new workers that are taking our jobs. We need to have an organization that will fight for us, and go down fighting if it comes to that. Instead, they are a bunch of Benedict Arnolds.

• Like 1

If FORD closes 8 plants then FORD won't be in business in the United States.

Hey, you got it right, Ford and all NA auto makers would love to make their products in China and sell them to us for the same price. BUAHAHAHAHAHA. That's the whole idea. All the other manufacturing facilities did that a long time ago, automakers are the last ones to do it.

Edited by Grump

Hey, you got it right, Ford and all NA auto makers would love to make their products in China and sell them to us for the same price. BUAHAHAHAHAHA. That's the whole idea. All the other manufacturing facilities did that a long time ago, automakers are the last ones to do it.

yeah china and when the rich complete there goal of killing the middle class working man who will be able to bye there products

slave wages bye nothing :happy feet:

people out there begging for work and we are not in a depression ? unemployment would be about 24% right now if they counted everyone thats unemployed it was 18% in 1983 if everyone was counted

now what :confused:

oh and heres a good one people bitching about china taking jobs away from america while there walking into walmart :hysterical:

Edited by uawxlt