LAP losing Kuga??

fantasyfrank

Only KCAP to my knowledge.

on september 16th alan is speaking to the kansas city area chamber of commerce

jay nixon and alan are touring the plant and during this visit alan and jay are going to make a big anouncement on going to happen at kcap

at this time we already know plans are to keep the f-150 at kcap and may keep the escape kcap is already scheduled to build the 2012 escape

we will see

hold on to your asses in may be a bumpy ride LAP

jay nixon and alan are touring the plant and during this visit alan and jay are going to make a big anouncement on going to happen at kcap

at this time we already know plans are to keep the f-150 at kcap and may keep the escape kcap is already scheduled to build the 2012 escape

we will see

good luck with that.

Some highlights from that article.....

So in other words, it's all the UAW's fault. :rolleyes:

I love it "This is another reminder that Ford does not have to have things built by the U.A.W.", this should also be a reminder that U.A.W. does not have to buy jack shit built in another country. The U.A.W. also does not have to encourage people to buy our products like family, friends, and strangers. The sky is always falling when a contract is within it sights. Or simply lets drive down those stock prices, blame the U.A.W. for labor cost woes, ask for more concessions, and get filthy rich when the stock prices increase. Isn't it time for another VEBA payment? Look if the company was in so much hot water, would the company still be giving back salaried concessions? Would they announce all the money that Bill Ford Jr. is going to now have once again after foregoing what he said was his salary. The sky will always be falling, always, forever, it was falling when they were making great profits. Ford just used other strategies like adding more work on jobs and tag relief for more production.

The environment and car buying experience is a lot different for sure, people think more about if they really need a new car as oppose to just wanting one so until consumers have more confidence in their own job security, the auto industry will remain flat. The article wants to dance around the fact that it is labor costs that continue to threaten Ford Motor Company recovery, that is not something the hourly want to hear, because simply you are discouraging them to want to buy a new car also. If the job threats and concession threats continue with big corp., people are going to continue to work with what they have. People will save and not spend.

• Like 2

we will see

Let us know what they had to say if anything? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39201947

Edited by taurus10

Let us know what they had to say if anything? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39201947

Well, Mulally made his appearance and once again....mum's the word. Basicly he stated he wasn't there to announce new product for KCAP. Then went on with the typical feel good bull shit. Talking about how great KC and how wonderful the qualilty is....blah blah blah. It just further imbedded my theory that managment and the UNION for that matter is just telling us just enough to keep us complacent untill the day comes when they turn the plant into a parking lot.

your retired why are you on a employee forum your no longer a employee

go cry about your retirement cuts in the retiree forum

and you need to research a little lamar hunt was all over kansas city and sold most of the ground around kcap to ford

don't forget trans world that was building bomber wings for the b-25/17 before ford came into the picture in early 1950's to build domestic products as well as being a war plant on call for conversion within 90 days

69 was a gravel road and 435 didn't exsist the finished planes was flown out of whats now the downtown airport

ford was then located in the old steel district in kansas city ie kcap

so retiree 32 years thank you for your severice and being able to retire and enjoy life

get ready the ones working harder now than you ever did see no retirement insight until we are 70 or older maybe you need to sign up for a obama retirement home hope the cots are comfy

because right now i will not take anymore wage cuts or benefit cuts for a spoiled bunch of baby boomers yeah i'm the grandchild of a baby boomer

Hehehehehehehe, I will gladly trade my retirement for your youth! After all, we aren't expected to live past the age you will probably retire. You on the other hand, are expected to live into your 80s. 1/2 dozen of 1, 6 of the other. Different times call for different rules.

Look at it this way---------->long before your retirement, most us will be gone, and Ford will be rolling in cash. Your deal will get better. Just hang in there. What is true for tommorrow today can change long before 12 midnight!

• Like 1

Hehehehehehehe, I will gladly trade my retirement for your youth! After all, we aren't expected to live past the age you will probably retire. You on the other hand, are expected to live into your 80s. 1/2 dozen of 1, 6 of the other. Different times call for different rules.

Look at it this way---------->long before your retirement, most us will be gone, and Ford will be rolling in cash. Your deal will get better. Just hang in there. What is true for tommorrow today can change long before 12 midnight!

i'm far from youthful

see how easy it is to stir people up :stirpot: any uaw reps listening

Of course he wasn't going to announce new product. If he did that, there would be nothing to strong-arm the Union with during negotiations next year.

:hysterical: LAP doesn't have the Kuga according to bloomberg and freep

Ford has not made any commitments that the escape is going to LAP the escape may go with the Kuga and be built and imported

Ford may gut LAP and make it look like there retooling and say oops your closed nothing to build here

Ford may put the escape on a fiesta platform and build it in mexico there going to build a mini van setting on a fusion platform built in mexico

from what i read Ford's big plans are in India and China

Americans are setting in the back of the bus right now alot of my post are bullshit to stir up the idiots

If you have ever been a union rep the idiots are your best friend get these idiots {ie uaw members} behind you and you can reeck havoc on management

We lost that with ron and his boy bob

Sad fact is we need Bob at the international level At the local level we need to stop this whipsaw bullshit

Quality is the key and we all know the best quality is American Made