Review: 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible

Autosavant

Hey there. We just published our review of the 2011 Mustang GT Convertible. I walked away from this car incredibly impressed. It's a very nice package, and though the convertible is not a bargain, that's nothing a coupe with just the performance options couldn't solve.

Link: Review: 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible

We love the fact that the Camaro has been resurrected and that Dodge still makes the Challenger; surely, those two cars offering 400-plus horsepower large-displacement V8s had to have influenced Ford's product planners when they conjured up the 2011 Mustang GT. This car runs like a thoroughbred - not like a roughshod feral horse of Mustangs past. It's a horse that loves to run, and doesn't mind being ridden hard and put away wet. The smell of hot Brembos and the ticking cooling of the engine as we landed in our driveway proves that. It really is a heck of a car no matter the price, and given its price, it's an outstanding performance value.

Hey there. We just published our review of the 2011 Mustang GT Convertible. I walked away from this car incredibly impressed. It's a very nice package, and though the convertible is not a bargain, that's nothing a coupe with just the performance options couldn't solve.

most excellent reveiw....glad you chose the manual....in conjunction with the 5.0 throttle response is instantaneous....the Mustangs still has its warts for sure, although a lot fewer than previous years...but my oh my...this package is mindblowingly fun....you should attempt to get your hands on a Laguna Seca 302 Boss........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great review I can't wait till I get my 2011 GT Vert!