2011 Ford Edge SE

Now that the Edge is filling up the lots, I got to snap a few photos of the cheaper Edge.

http://gallery.me.com/mikekukielka#100061&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=5

I prefer the non-Sony "My Ford Touch" center-stack. I like the design, materials, and colors better.

This is also the first time I saw an Edge without the My Touch system (and the first time I've seen one with a cloth interior). I really like the two tone interior. I forgot to look closely at the gauges, but they appear to resemble the outgoing gauge layout (Tach on left, speed on right, stuff in the middle).

web.jpg?ver=12836614610001

And here we go with the light-pipe plastic filler.

web.jpg?ver=12836614650001

It looks clean and simple and very good for a base model. I thought I saw that centre console in a Explorer Mule. I think if that's the case, the base Explorer will be good as well.

Yeah, I know we saw at least that numeric keypad on that Explorer mule - not sure about anything below that. Given how Ford shares switchgear across the lineup, I'm sure the base Explorer is probably similar, as you said.

Yeah, I know we saw at least that numeric keypad on that Explorer mule - not sure about anything below that. Given how Ford shares switchgear across the lineup, I'm sure the base Explorer is probably similar, as you said.

The four switches and the little man (Bonhomme as we call it around here) were in the mule shots and it looks like a take from Volvo, very tasteful. If I have one very minor beef, I'd like to see the electronic display flush with the console instead of the dust trap below it. It looks like it's placed that way to reduce glare so I can live with it. The cloth seats look really good. Impressive!