Retail Order Verification for 2011?

CrazyAL

Hi Guys,

I've been working on ordering a 2011 SVT Raptor for several weeks now. Apperantly, the ROV program isn't availble yet and Ford hasn't released any info on the details of the program for 2011. I know the 2011 F150 ordering bank opened up on 9/3. I also know people are placing orders for 2011 F150s and SVT Raptors. I don't know exactly how dealers are making orders for people yet since the ROV isn't availble. It seems like Ford should have released all this info around the same time the ordering banks opened. That way there would be no confusion and it would be easy for people to get their orer into the system. Does anyone on here have any info about when Ford will come out with the ROV details for 2011???

Edited by CrazyAL

Hi Guys,

I've been working on ordering a 2011 SVT Raptor for several weeks now. Apperantly, the ROV program isn't availble yet and Ford hasn't released any info on the details of the program for 2011. I know the 2011 F150 ordering bank opened up on 9/3. I also know people are placing orders for 2011 F150s and SVT Raptors. I don't know exactly how dealers are making orders for people yet since the ROV isn't availble. It seems like Ford should have released all this info around the same time the ordering banks opened. That way there would be no confusion and it would be easy for people to get their orer into the system. Does anyone on here have any info about when Ford will come out with the ROV details for 2011???

Who says ROV will be in effect for the Raptor?

Who says ROV will be in effect for the Raptor?

Well it was for the 2010 YM, but that's what I'm trying to get the information about. I certainly hope they have the program available for 2011 (the same or similar to they did in 2010). It seems like the ROV process is a good deal for all parties involved. It helps Ford move more trucks; the dealers make a litle off the ROV orders and still get their "lot quota" to sell at MSRP on the lot; and it helps the consumer becuase typically an ROV order can be placed for well under MSRP. I'm was also just curious as to why all the info wasn't released when the ordering banks opened up. Seems like there is lots of room for confusion right now when a dealer places an order for an individual - in other words, if they aren't going to have ROV for 2011, it would be good if they would let everyone know. :D

Edited by CrazyAL

Well it was for the 2010 YM, but that's what I'm trying to get the information about. I certainly hope they have the program available for 2011 (the same or similar to they did in 2010). It seems like the ROV process is a good deal for all parties involved. It helps Ford move more trucks; the dealers make a litle off the ROV orders and still get their "lot quota" to sell at MSRP on the lot; and it helps the consumer becuase typically an ROV order can be placed for well under MSRP. I'm was also just curious as to why all the info wasn't released when the ordering banks opened up. Seems like there is lots of room for confusion right now when a dealer places an order for an individual - in other words, if they aren't going to have ROV for 2011, it would be good if they would let everyone know. :D

I think it's a great idea and they should offer it on all vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no retail order verification program for 2011 for the Raptor.

That's corrrect - currently there is no ROV process for the 2011 Raptor. I was curious to know if anyone had info on if there would eventually be an ROV program for 2011. Sure seemes like a great idea, I can't imagine any benfit of not having it. Of course, it sure seems like they would have released the info by now, so who the hell knows.....

Can someone explain the ROV program? How does it work and what are the advantadges of it?

Thanks.

Normally dealers are only allocated a certain number of vehicles and if you order a vehicle from that dealer and the dealer has no allocation left then your vehicle cannot be built.

With ROV Ford verifies that a dealer order is pre-sold to a retail customer and is not just going into dealer stock. That vehicle will be scheduled immediately and does not count against the dealer's allocation. It allows a customer to order a vehicle from any dealer without worrying about allocation or priorities, etc. Ford only offers this on certain vehicles at certain times (like the Raptor and Fusion Hybrid last year).

I think it should be done all the time but I'm sure the dealers would pitch a hissy fit and take them to court.

I think it should be done all the time but I'm sure the dealers would pitch a hissy fit and take them to court.

For my understanding, why would ROV be bad thing for dealers? For them, it allows them to get and sell more vehicles. My situation, for example, is that I'm not going to pay MSRP or more for a Raptor that is coming out of a dealer's "allotment". However, if that same dealer can place an ROV order for me then there are several benifts, for the dealer and for me - I get to order at a much discounted price (say 500 over invoice), the dealer gets a garunteed sale and makes at least a grand off the deal by the time they charge me the 500 bucks and other miscellanous fees (they probably actually make more than that depending on their deal with Ford) - all the overhead they have is just dealing with me long enough to place the order. On the other hand, with no ROV in place it's harder for them to discount the vehicles (because of the quota) and I don't buy one - sale lost for the dealership and for Ford. I'm sure that this is this case for other potential buyers as well, other Ford vehicles too.

For my understanding, why would ROV be bad thing for dealers? For them, it allows them to get and sell more vehicles. My situation, for example, is that I'm not going to pay MSRP or more for a Raptor that is coming out of a dealer's "allotment". However, if that same dealer can place an ROV order for me then there are several benifts, for the dealer and for me - I get to order at a much discounted price (say 500 over invoice), the dealer gets a garunteed sale and makes at least a grand off the deal by the time they charge me the 500 bucks and other miscellanous fees (they probably actually make more than that depending on their deal with Ford) - all the overhead they have is just dealing with me long enough to place the order. On the other hand, with no ROV in place it's harder for them to discount the vehicles (because of the quota) and I don't buy one - sale lost for the dealership and for Ford. I'm sure that this is this case for other potential buyers as well, other Ford vehicles too.

That's not the issue. Let's say you allow it for all vehicles and you have 2 dealers - one good dealer and one not so good dealer. If everyone goes to the good dealer and places their ROV orders then the bad dealer suddently loses sales. The bad dealer would probably sue Ford based on the state franchise laws for circumventing dealer allocations. I'm not saying it should be illegal or whether the courts would uphold it - and it's certainly good for the good dealer and for the customer. But I know there would be dealers who would challenge it.

That's not the issue. Let's say you allow it for all vehicles and you have 2 dealers - one good dealer and one not so good dealer. If everyone goes to the good dealer and places their ROV orders then the bad dealer suddently loses sales. The bad dealer would probably sue Ford based on the state franchise laws for circumventing dealer allocations. I'm not saying it should be illegal or whether the courts would uphold it - and it's certainly good for the good dealer and for the customer. But I know there would be dealers who would challenge it.

LoL - Okay, I'm not really sure if I understand how that's really any different from someone preferring to go buy a vehicle off the lot of the "good dealer" instead of the buying off the lot of the "not so good dealer". Chances are if there is a good dealer and a not so good dealer, people want to do business with the good dealer regardless of ROV ordering. It's a free market, if all dealers have access to the same ROV program I can't understand how it would be a competive advantage for some and not for others.

I'll take your word for it though, becuase I'm obviously only really looking at this from the perspective of the consumer and I don't even pretend to know all the varibles that might come into play for Ford and the dealerships. I appreciate your input. :)