For All You Fox Bashers

dtpbody

OK for all you Fox basher's out there that fault Fox 2 news for doing the "drunk smokers" story, I'll go ahead and throw you a bone here and allow you to comment on this. I kinda think we can't do one story without the other so here goes:

From what I could find which was only a thread about Andrea Isom of Fox 2 News DUI, it's only a thread written by someone and without the actual press release it's hard to comment on it. So here it is..

My link

Link2

fridiotisom2.jpg

I wonder why Andrea was able to return to Fox cause she is very annoying to listen to her on the air. She yells and talks fast like she's trying to keep her spotlight. I think if the "Drunk Smokers" get fired, she should also for going the wrong way on a highway drunk off her ass. What do you think?

If you have the actual press release please post it, or video of the night she got arrested by state police. I think this is all but fair. Yes I'm being fair today! :)

PS I found the story: (Unless I'm missing it, I can't seem to find the Fox 2 News Video) for this story. I'd say they pulled it from their site! lol

"(Fox, Channel 2) news reporter Andrea Isom was in hot water Tuesday morning after having been stopped by Michigan State Police on a Detroit stretch of the Southfield Freeway allegedly driving the wrong way Monday night. She reportedly blew a .18 in a roadside sobriety test; the Michigan standard for driving under the influence is .08. Channel 2 GM Jeff Murri said he could not comment on Isom’s situation, citing company personnel policy. Isom did not immediately respond to a phone message. Isom began working at WJBK in April 2004. She previous toiled for stations in Kansas City, Dayton, Ohio, and Elmira, N.Y. She is a Cleveland native and an Ohio State University grad, according to her station biography."

Someone might argue that she wasn't working at the time of her DUI which could have been her day off, but tv personalities are held to a higher code of conduct then say a factory worker. It's much like an athlete being looked up too by a fan. If they violate that public persona then they are no longer respected by the community. Andrea Isom should have been let go for her bad behavior which is my point.

See I am fair and balanced. :hysterical:

Edited by dtpbody

Yeah but really I don't think those 15 workers are actually going to be fired. I'm sure most of them if not all of them know the game. I'm sure they walked into HR one at a time and got handed a reprimand not termination but we won't really know because of company policy. What Chrysler does with them really isn't our business and the UAW may have worked something out because there were so many violators. I'm sure a deal was made for them to seek help through Value Options on condition basis that they get some kinda treatment in order to return to the job. I'm also sure many of them do not have a record, they looked to be older people that may have (and I'm speculating) some high seniority which will help them. I don't want to see them get fired and Fox 2 didn't.

As for the Isom story, that was done over 4 years ago, but I just thought I would bring to light that story to possibly remind Fox 2 of their own violators. I normally don't play a "Devil's Advocate" but in this case I will. These guys have families and kids I'm sure.

Huel Perkins did acknowledge this on the "Let it Rip" segment which I respect, but it was kinda funny how Andrea Isom was the one that did the live remote from the plant. I think that was a huge mistake on the part of Fox 2 unless they put her on to prove a point that Fox 2 news people are also subject to be scrutinized if doing the wrong thing. I just thought that was funny as shit tho. Here you got an Anchor field reporter doing a story on "Drunk Workers" when she herself has a DWI on her record for GOING the wrong way on Southfield. lol Just imagine if she killed people.

Edited by dtpbody

Yeah but really I don't think those 15 workers are actually going to be fired. I'm sure most of them if not all of them know the game. I'm sure they walked into HR one at a time and got handed a reprimand not termination but we won't really know because of company policy. What Chrysler does with them really isn't our business and the UAW may have worked something out because there were so many violators. I'm sure a deal was made for them to seek help through Value Options on condition basis that they get some kinda treatment in order to return to the job. I'm also sure many of them do not have a record, they looked to be older people that may have (and I'm speculating) some high seniority which will help them. I don't want to see them get fired and Fox 2 didn't.

As for the Isom story, that was done over 4 years ago, but I just thought I would bring to light that story to possibly remind Fox 2 of their own violators. I normally don't play a "Devil's Advocate" but in this case I will. These guys have families and kids I'm sure.

Huel Perkins did acknowledge this on the "Let it Rip" segment which I respect, but it was kinda funny how Andrea Isom was the one that did the live remote from the plant. I think that was a huge mistake on the part of Fox 2 unless they put her on to prove a point that Fox 2 news people are also subject to be scrutinized if doing the wrong thing. I just thought that was funny as shit tho. Here you got an Anchor field reporter doing a story on "Drunk Workers" when she herself has a DWI on her record for GOING the wrong way on Southfield. lol Just imagine if she killed people.

Auto workers don't pay millions of dollars per year in "advertising" to the media. They can't influence what gets reported.

OK for all you Fox basher's out there that fault Fox 2 news for doing the "drunk smokers" story, I'll go ahead and throw you a bone here and allow you to comment on this. I kinda think we can't do one story without the other so here goes:

From what I could find which was only a thread about Andrea Isom of Fox 2 News DUI, it's only a thread written by someone and without the actual press release it's hard to comment on it. So here it is..

My link

Link2

fridiotisom2.jpg

I wonder why Andrea was able to return to Fox cause she is very annoying to listen to her on the air. She yells and talks fast like she's trying to keep her spotlight. I think if the "Drunk Smokers" get fired, she should also for going the wrong way on a highway drunk off her ass. What do you think?

If you have the actual press release please post it, or video of the night she got arrested by state police. I think this is all but fair. Yes I'm being fair today! :)

PS I found the story: (Unless I'm missing it, I can't seem to find the Fox 2 News Video) for this story. I'd say they pulled it from their site! lol

"(Fox, Channel 2) news reporter Andrea Isom was in hot water Tuesday morning after having been stopped by Michigan State Police on a Detroit stretch of the Southfield Freeway allegedly driving the wrong way Monday night. She reportedly blew a .18 in a roadside sobriety test; the Michigan standard for driving under the influence is .08. Channel 2 GM Jeff Murri said he could not comment on Isom’s situation, citing company personnel policy. Isom did not immediately respond to a phone message. Isom began working at WJBK in April 2004. She previous toiled for stations in Kansas City, Dayton, Ohio, and Elmira, N.Y. She is a Cleveland native and an Ohio State University grad, according to her station biography."

Someone might argue that she wasn't working at the time of her DUI which could have been her day off, but tv personalities are held to a higher code of conduct then say a factory worker. It's much like an athlete being looked up too by a fan. If they violate that public persona then they are no longer respected by the community. Andrea Isom should have been let go for her bad behavior which is my point.

You can always count on Faux News for their fair and balance reporting...NOT!!!!

I agree with you here DTPBODY...Those guys have been through a lot that were caught..I dont think they should be permanately fired over this. I would think outpatient therapy and a year on a waiver taking random drug screenings would suffice..I have to say it has been an eye opener for me..I have gone out to the lot before on lunch to have a cold one i must admit..those days are done. There is NO WAY IN HELL im going to risk my job to have a beer......I think this has been a learning experience and wake up call for many a UAW member

• Like 2

I agree with you here DTPBODY...Those guys have been through a lot that were caught..I dont think they should be permanately fired over this. I would think outpatient therapy and a year on a waiver taking random drug screenings would suffice..I have to say it has been an eye opener for me..I have gone out to the lot before on lunch to have a cold one i must admit..those days are done. There is NO WAY IN HELL im going to risk my job to have a beer......I think this has been a learning experience and wake up call for many a UAW member

I honestly can't see why it's worth spending 10 minute of your break walking out to your car anyway? it's just plain stupidity. By the time you come back in, you have enough time to piss and put your gloves on. I'd like to sit down and actually take a break at my break time but that's just me.

Yes if your an auto worker and your going out to your car to pound down beers or smoke pot be very careful at this point. We especially are looking good right now with all the foreign recalls, we don't want to fu*k it up.

Edited by dtpbody

My link

Link2

fridiotisom2.jpg

Who cares about a reporter that got one DUI 4 years ago? :doh:

And for the record, I'd hit it.

• Like 1

Who cares about a reporter that got one DUI 4 years ago? :doh:

And for the record, I'd hit it.

Your right who cares, but she wasn't fired from her job and continues to be belligerent in public on the air no less to millions of Michigan people. I'm just showing how Fox 2 news didn't practice what they preach. Who cares if the story is 20 years old dip shit. And if you would hit that, you must be desperate cause she's nasty. I personally don't like black women (and I am not racist) but it's because they tend to all be belligerent, loud and rude.

Edited by dtpbody

I liked his threads.. very on topic, to the point, real (not fake) like some people on here then he gets banned for contributing 90 percent of the threads and topics I like to read on here. What an idiot mod. People like him make these forums more popular to read.

Edited by gate4medical
  • Like 2

I liked his threads.. very on topic, to the point, real (not fake) like some people on here then he gets banned for contributing 90 percent of the threads and topics I like to read on here. What an idiot mod. People like him make these forums more popular to read.

Well, that didn't take very long! Lol!

Funny how twin cam harley hides behind his mod status on here, his post count always stays the same number, he joined in 2004 and the who is info for this site was registered in 2004. I think we know who the mod is that's banning people now. I wonder if he'll respond to clear this up.

Edited by gate4medical
  • Like 1

If you are high at work you should be fired. I really am surprised by this support for counseling. How many people would love the opportunity for their position? A job is not a right. They can go fins another one, after they pass a drug screening.

• Like 1

If you are high at work you should be fired. I really am surprised by this support for counseling. How many people would love the opportunity for their position? A job is not a right. They can go fins another one, after they pass a drug screening.

Doesn't look like twin cam will clear this question up that I have about him being moderator. Why is his post count always 598?

Edited by gate4medical
  • Like 1

Funny how twin cam harley hides behind his mod status on here, his post count always stays the same number, he joined in 2004 and the who is info for this site was registered in 2004. I think we know who the mod is that's banning people now. I wonder if he'll respond to clear this up.

Uh, no, I'm not a mod. If I was, I would already have you and your new screenname (boss) banned. Plus, a mod wouldn't say this to you on the forum. Go fuck yourself you fucking fuck! :hysterical: