ASHA Report Filed on DTP Body Shop

gate4medical

Apparently an OSHA report was filed on DTP Body shop for not using rubber floor mats in all production work areas and for not having personal fans at each work station. Check it out and read the investigation's final report. I won't say how I obtained this, but it looks to me the report is robotic in nature as if there was really no investigation done and they just maybe called the plant's health and safety department. I can never get H&S to return my calls, so I don't know how this investigation was done, but in every ACH (ex-Ford) plant they have rubber mats and personal fans as well as personal chairs in every work area and if they don't they buy them and install them at the request of the operators. Why is it so different for this facility?? could it be someone isn't doing their job or they don't want to spend the money?

miosha_dtp.jpg

Notice under allegation #1 they claim that their equipment operates "well" on a regular basis. We all know this is not a fact.

For allegation #2 they claim that all raised steel platforms have rubber mats, well no sh*t!!!!! installing wood on them would be costly, so throwing down a rubber mat is the best option for both the plant and the worker's feet. Why can't workers that have to walk repeatedly throughout a large walk area within their work area be subjected to wood floors?

The third allegation was for drinking fountains within the plant which is not shown here, they claim that all the fountians are working properly and that the water has been tested and is ok to drink. They used the word "OK" in the report. The child units "in my opinion" do not filter the water properly, I almost threw up when I drank a cup of water from those units before so I never touched them again. Someone needs to take a Vial sample and send it to the MI EPA department for testing of contaminants. I just don't trust drinking the Rouge water.

Edited by gate4medical

Apparently an OSHA report was filed on DTP Body shop for not using rubber floor mats in all production work areas and for not having personal fans at each work station. Check it out and read the investigation's final report. I won't say how I obtained this, but it looks to me the report is robotic in nature as if there was really no investigation done and they just maybe called the plant's health and safety department. I can never get H&S to return my calls, so I don't know how this investigation was done, but in every ACH (ex-Ford) plant they have rubber mats and personal fans as well as personal chairs in every work area and if they don't they buy them and install them at the request of the operators. Why is it so different for this facility?? could it be someone isn't doing their job or they don't want to spend the money?

miosha_dtp.jpg

Notice under allegation #1 they claim that their equipment operates "well" on a regular basis. We all know this is not a fact.

For allegation #2 they claim that all raised steel platforms have rubber mats, well no sh*t!!!!! installing wood on them would be costly, so throwing down a rubber mat is the best option for both the plant and the worker's feet. Why can't workers that have to walk repeatedly throughout a large walk area all night within their work area be subjected to wood floors?

The third allegation was for drinking fountains within the plant which is not shown here, they claim that all the fountians are working properly and that the water has been tested and is ok to drink. They used the word "OK" in the report. The child units "in my opinion" do not filter the water properly, I almost threw up when I drank a cup of water from those units before so I never touched them again. Someone needs to take a Vial sample and send it to the MI EPA department for testing of contaminants. I just don't trust drinking the Rouge water.

Wow Chucky. 8 posts in less than an hour after creating a new account after being banned. How long until you're banned again? I guess your position isn't strong enough to win the case, huh?

Edited by Twincam Harley
  • Like 1

Wow Chucky. 8 posts in less than an hour after creating a new account after being banned. How long until you're banned again? I guess your position isn't strong enough to win the case, huh?

I don't know who your talking about but this is a report submitted back to OSHA from the plant I obtained this through a memo that was sent to supervision, I had my friend email it to me so I posted it.

Apparently someone thought the information should be known to workers so that they can get fans or floor mats if they don't have them. Sounds to me that you work for the company and you may be against anything helping out union brothers and sisters. You should be a shamed of yourself after all it was posted for you to see, it could have been kept private and not posted at all.

Edited by gate4medical

I don't know who your talking about but this is a report submitted back to OSHA from the plant I obtained this through a memo that was sent to supervision, I had my friend email it to me so I posted it.

Apparently someone thought the information should be known to workers so that they can get fans or floor mats if they don't have them. Sounds to me that you work for the company and you may be against anything helping out union brothers and sisters. You should be a shamed of yourself after all it was posted for you to see, it could have been kept private and not posted at all.

Why was chucky banned?? He hasnt been offensive lately

miosha_dtp.jpg

For allegation #2 they claim that all raised steel platforms have rubber mats, well no sh*t!!!!! installing wood on them would be costly, so throwing down a rubber mat is the best option for both the plant and the worker's feet. Why can't workers that have to walk repeatedly throughout a large walk area within their work area be subjected to wood floors?

What is the third allegation? Chucky is at gate4medical waiting to clear so he can go back to work?

Ergonomic Guidelines from OSHA, Recommend the use of Anti-fatigue Floor Mats

OSHA is in the process of developing industry-specific and task-specific guidelines to reduce and prevent workplace ergonomic injuries. Part of these Guidelines includes Anti-fatigue Floor Mats that will drastically cut the number of ergonomic injuries in the workplace.

Let me repeat the most important statement from OSHA

“PART OF THESE GUIDELINES INCLUDES ANTI FATIGUE FLOOR MATS THAT WILL DRESTICALLY CUT THE NUMBER OF ERGONOMIC INJURIES IN THE WORK PLACE”.

Gee, I wonder why OSHA didn’t get the memo that wood flooring is more ergonomic when compared to anti fatigue matting like they told us at DTP. Ever wonder why the wood flooring isn’t called Anti Fatigue Wood Flooring, that’s because its NOT.

Jeff Hodges

DTP Body Shop

Box Unit (outer)

Ergonomic Guidelines from OSHA, Recommend the use of Anti-fatigue Floor Mats

OSHA is in the process of developing industry-specific and task-specific guidelines to reduce and prevent workplace ergonomic injuries. Part of these Guidelines includes Anti-fatigue Floor Mats that will drastically cut the number of ergonomic injuries in the workplace.

Let me repeat the most important statement from OSHA

“PART OF THESE GUIDELINES INCLUDES ANTI FATIGUE FLOOR MATS THAT WILL DRESTICALLY CUT THE NUMBER OF ERGONOMIC INJURIES IN THE WORK PLACE”.

Gee, I wonder why OSHA didn’t get the memo that wood flooring is more ergonomic when compared to anti fatigue matting like they told us at DTP. Ever wonder why the wood flooring isn’t called Anti Fatigue Wood Flooring, that’s because its NOT.

Jeff Hodges

DTP Body Shop

Box Unit (outer)

I do know it's OSHA I made a typo for god sake..

No one is going to stop me from coming into this forum!. Not even the webmaster.. I'll make him change his site just to stop me which he will never, cause he's dealing with a seasoned webmaster of almost 20 years, he's a dope that just puts up a forum in 2005 and tries to make money off google adsense.

As for the mats, Jeff thanks for getting my back!. Osha didn't look at body shop when I talked to them, they went into the truck plant. I'm hoping they visit soon and deem that the wood floors should come out. If enough people complain about them they will put mats there.

Of course you have to have mats over the steel platforms, because they have larger holes in them plus people can drop stuff through them. If they are good enough for the platforms, they are good enough for concrete.

thanks

Edited by oshaapproved

I do know it's OSHA I made a typo for god sake..

No one is going to stop me from coming into this forum!. Not even the webmaster.. I'll make him change his site just to stop me which he will never, cause he's dealing with a seasoned webmaster of almost 20 years, he's a dope that just puts up a forum in 2005 and tries to make money off google adsense.

As for the mats, Jeff thanks for getting my back!. Osha didn't look at body shop when I talked to them, they went into the truck plant. I'm hoping they visit soon and deem that the wood floors should come out. If enough people complain about them they will put mats there.

Of course you have to have mats over the steel platforms, because they have larger holes in them plus people can drop stuff through them. If they are good enough for the platforms, they are good enough for concrete.

thanks

wood works ok on steel platforms, but not on concrete.

The rubber sole of a shoe plus the rubber thickness of a floor mat is about 2 - 2 1/2" inches thick. If you don't have give from the floor to your foot inside the shoe, you are going to have back pain and calf pain. This a primary reason why people go home and get cramps in their legs.

I'm no doctor but I asked mine and this is what he told me. A wood floor for 10 hours is not a proper standing/walking or in dept. 31103A & B's case running material to be on.

Every work station is saposed to HAVE MATS!... Please get on your union to get them to buy mats..

I guess if the company is not going to buy new power steering units for their tugs, then mats are for sure out of the question. They are putting their bottom line cost before your comfort.

In Japan they get more out of the worker because their factories are made for comfort and they treat their workers right. They may pay them less, but they do everything for the worker so that they can be the best at their jobs!.

The many names of Chucky has him so confused. Fortunately all of his new "identities" have been banned and hopefully by his IP address this time.

We'll school him and tell him it's really OSHA.

Twincam you are right this is definitely a Chucky thread it has his DNA all over it DON'T NO ANYTHING.

Chucky don't correct me I know, no should be spelled with a K but if the shoe fits wear it.

The rubber sole of a shoe plus the rubber thickness of a floor mat is about 2 - 2 1/2" inches thick. If you don't have give from the floor to your foot inside the shoe, you are going to have back pain and calf pain. This a primary reason why people go home and get cramps in their legs.

I'm no doctor but I asked mine and this is what he told me. A wood floor for 10 hours is not a proper standing/walking or in dept. 31103A & B's case running material to be on.

Every work station is saposed to HAVE MATS!... Please get on your union to get them to buy mats..

I guess if the company is not going to buy new power steering units for their tugs, then mats are for sure out of the question. They are putting their bottom line cost before your comfort.

In Japan they get more out of the worker because their factories are made for comfort and they treat their workers right. They may pay them less, but they do everything for the worker so that they can be the best at their jobs!.

I've seen rubber used over the years, and I also see the new trend with wood. It's my opinion the wood is not as comfortable as the rubber mat, (smooth rubber top with a spongy rubber base) but I'm certain the reason for the wood is cost. Rubber is made with oil, petroleum products of any type are expensive. I've heard the managers complain of the cost, they complain when the mat breaks down and has to be replaced, I've seen injuries recorded related to mats (tripping over mat)....but the bottom line is cost.

Back during the first concession contract (07) Mulally's arrival, Ford adapted the take no prisoner attitude, and they are not going to pay the cost of those mats period. Now I've seen all kind of wood platforms.....

Thin strips placed on concrete (firing strips) with 3/4 plywood over the firing strips so the floor provides give or bounce....but now you have trip edges where the wood stops and it's a bitch to sweep around

Seen the same set up with steel platform...firing strips under plywood on top of steel platform

I've seen angle iron frames, with wood (3/4 OSB) as the walk surface (this works pretty good) BUT we at Ford get stupid and try to put lift tables and roller racks etc on the wood and wonder why the platform collapses...

It's not rocket science...wear shoes with good arch support, shock absorbing soles, good socks or support hose and its the best you're going to do

Edited by nvsked

Don't worry when I come back I won't be working in dept 31103B like good ol'e Jimbo thinks I will..

As for the mats, I did what I could without any backup (I appreciate the comments from Jeff) btw, because he seems like the only person that would back someone up on a line full of 60 people which is sad, very sad.

There is already a record on file of one of the workers in this department turning their ankle, and I'm sure there is more on file where that came from.

I can guarantee if I have to work in this plant for the next 15 years, I'll be working on mats, and I'll have my fans installed. It may take time but I will do it.

BTW people, start sending letters to the local with your issues on them if the plant committee is not doing anything for you. The local would love to hear how they are not doing their jobs in there.

Every ACH plant has rubber floor mats on every work station, Body doesn't want to spend the money and they just don't care.

I believe the company is using this place and DTP as a means to weed out people that try and "buck" the system. Well this buck won't be quite I can tell you that much.

Losing weight doesn't have anything to do with it because some people just can't lose weight.

The body shop management and union discriminates against people. This is all a matter of record btw. When the parts plants people were moved to the Rouge years ago, the company and local 600 kept making comments about how we didn't want to work. That is called harassment and discrimination. I was told by a supervisor that parts plants people are lazy.

Document everything people. I won't say anymore cause I'm going to get banned.. hahahahaha