tax hikes are coming

mikem12

Thank the Republicans for that.

WHAT???You Dems are just plain nuts....LET it go. you cannot be so stupid as to actually agree with the MESS your party has created. SYCHE 101 ....YOU guys are no longer defending the FAILED policy...YOU are actually just trying to defend your vote for him and the failed majority the DEMS HAVE in congress. Remember all those great policies you guys brag about with CLINTON???REPUB majority!!! STOP hanging your head. WE forgive you we have all been screwed by someone we believed in. Just WISE up, ADMIT you made a mistake and don't let it happen again.. VOTE REPUBLICAN!!!

• Like 3

WHAT???You Dems are just plain nuts....LET it go. you cannot be so stupid as to actually agree with the MESS your party has created. SYCHE 101 ....YOU guys are no longer defending the FAILED policy...YOU are actually just trying to defend your vote for him and the failed majority the DEMS HAVE in congress. Remember all those great policies you guys brag about with CLINTON???REPUB majority!!! STOP hanging your head. WE forgive you we have all been screwed by someone we believed in. Just WISE up, ADMIT you made a mistake and don't let it happen again.. VOTE REPUBLICAN!!!

So, you want all Democrats to vote REPUBLICAN and make another mistake after you claimed we have already made a mistake? So, are you also stupid because of the mess your party created? I think Clinton did a good job as President. Just curious, did you hang your head for Bush with all his failed policies and did you forgive yourself? Voting is a choice, it's not a mistake, both parties will always screw us, and if you believe otherwise than you just described yourself in your own post. All people should vote the way they want too, WHY? because it's a choice we all have!!

• Like 3

It is the end to the tax breaks of those who make over $200,000 individually or family $250,000. Why is anyone pointing fingers? Whoever put the tax breaks on in the first place should of known that the expiration date was going to come sooner or later and I believe that was your Republican man BUSH. Why else would he put an expiration on them if he thought the tax cuts could last until the end of time?? That was his campaign strategy of having the rich pay less taxes, now it has expired. It isn't a hike on your pay so why are your worried? Tax breaks should be given to the middle class, they are the ones who drives the economy. What mistake? The administration is not renewing, simple as that. You can spin it all you want. Now again, as the congressional hearings on TARP were ongoing and Bush originally put forward this plan, republican by republican stood up there and voted "Hell No" to bailing out any of the autos. You can read a list of those who said "No" (google it) Why on earth would you encourage someone to vote for Republicans when clearly they do not have your best interest at heart at all. Did you watch the hearings 18 months ago? Republicans feel you should be making less wages my friend, not more. They want you competitive to what your counterpart is being paid at contract facilities ($14-$18/hr). This is what you should be worried about. Republicans also want Right to Work states (no contract neg. there). Yes, you might think this is a great idea because you come to work but I would like to phrase it up for you, " You have a Right to come to Work and They have a right to pay you what they want, period. Is your college resume ready?

• Like 4

So, you want all Democrats to vote REPUBLICAN and make another mistake after you claimed we have already made a mistake? So, are you also stupid because of the mess your party created? I think Clinton did a good job as President. Just curious, did you hang your head for Bush with all his failed policies and did you forgive yourself? Voting is a choice, it's not a mistake, both parties will always screw us, and if you believe otherwise than you just described yourself in your own post. All people should vote the way they want too, WHY? because it's a choice we all have!!

Did I hang my head? NO !!!!! YES I was EXTREMELY disappointed in the Republicans and BUSH when they SPENT my tax Dollars as if they were DEMOCRATS!!!!I hope when we take back the white house, put Pelosi and Reed out with the trash. They will act like Repubs. and not like TAX and SPEND DEMS. As for CLINTON I have one word for you.................. NAFTA.

• Like 2

It is the end to the tax breaks of those who make over $200,000 individually or family $250,000. Why is anyone pointing fingers? Whoever put the tax breaks on in the first place should of known that the expiration date was going to come sooner or later and I believe that was your Republican man BUSH. Why else would he put an expiration on them if he thought the tax cuts could last until the end of time?? That was his campaign strategy of having the rich pay less taxes, now it has expired. It isn't a hike on your pay so why are your worried? Tax breaks should be given to the middle class, they are the ones who drives the economy. What mistake? The administration is not renewing, simple as that. You can spin it all you want. Now again, as the congressional hearings on TARP were ongoing and Bush originally put forward this plan, republican by republican stood up there and voted "Hell No" to bailing out any of the autos. You can read a list of those who said "No" (google it) Why on earth would you encourage someone to vote for Republicans when clearly they do not have your best interest at heart at all. Did you watch the hearings 18 months ago? Republicans feel you should be making less wages my friend, not more. They want you competitive to what your counterpart is being paid at contract facilities ($14-$18/hr). This is what you should be worried about. Republicans also want Right to Work states (no contract neg. there). Yes, you might think this is a great idea because you come to work but I would like to phrase it up for you, " You have a Right to come to Work and They have a right to pay you what they want, period. Is your college resume ready?

ONE WORD......NAFTA!!!!!If we did not have NAFTA right now would we have lost any of our manufacturing jobs??????

PLEASE enlighten me....what has OBAMA done to address any of the lost manufacturing jobs??? If it was not for the GOV. we would NOT need to be bailed out. This Country needs JOBS.......NOT UNEMPLOYMENT CHECKS!!!

• Like 1

ONE WORD......NAFTA!!!!!If we did not have NAFTA right now would we have lost any of our manufacturing jobs?????? Yes, China has most the jobs not Mexico.

PLEASE enlighten me....what has OBAMA done to address any of the lost manufacturing jobs??? If it was not for the GOV. we would NOT need to be bailed out. This Country needs JOBS.......NOT UNEMPLOYMENT CHECKS!!! If the Republican Senators actually wanted to help the country they would quit filibustering every bill that comes to the senate. The Republicans are so bent on causing Obama to fail that their willing to throw the country under the bus, all so they can regain control of the house and senate.

• Like 2

I think Clinton did a good job as President.

You do realize how the US Government works right?

And you do know that for 6 of Clinton's 8 years in Office, the Republicans had control of the Senate and Congress?

Next time brush up on your history before you embarrass yourself by contradicting your own statement.

• Like 4

ONE WORD......NAFTA!!!!!If we did not have NAFTA right now would we have lost any of our manufacturing jobs??????

PLEASE enlighten me....what has OBAMA done to address any of the lost manufacturing jobs??? If it was not for the GOV. we would NOT need to be bailed out. This Country needs JOBS.......NOT UNEMPLOYMENT CHECKS!!!

As far as jobs, in the stimulis he gave GE 24.9 million and......... Sorry after further reading they cut 18,000 jobs not create any. Well I guess some of the big guys recieved raises and have more to spend and create jobs now.

• Like 1

You are absolutely right, NAFTA sucks big time but in all fairness to say that it was Clinton's idea would be a disservice. That was definitely a Republican Congress pushing for Clinton to sign it and by all counts he should of said no. What makes him any different than what we have running in Michigan now with a gov. preaching that he is going to add jobs when half the Discera Inc, that he owns is in China. Detroit News did a story about this very thing yesterday. Again, a Republican wanna be governor who has a track record for sending jobs overseas while his company makes Big profits! Good for his company, good for his wallet, bad for Michigan period. Listen everyone knows the jobs problem in this country but most economist will say that if we continue to make lower pay and produce a product that we can not afford ourselves, it will be the end of the economic recovery. This is a fact, Republicans feel that auto industry people have it too good, rich with benefits, pensions, and pay compared to most people. Who were they comparing us to...Mexico, China, India?? Could you make it on $14.00/hour, feeding a family of 4 and still live a lifestyle that is decent. Good school districts, nice house, a product (car) that you produce?? When Obama took over Manufacturing jobs had already been leaving this country. To blame it on him, that would be just stupid. He wasn't in office when floods of people from the autos lined up to take buyouts starting in 2006/2007. He wasn't in office when places like Thailand, Mexico, and other foreign countries put in state of the art manufacturing overseas. Ford Motor company was doing poorly way before Obama took office. We had a meeting that representatives pretty much told us that the company would run out of money before Mullaly took over, way before Obama came into office/hence the buyout plan. While many thought the buyout plan was great, some people like myself, knew this was a great way to bring people eventually in at half the pay to eventually replace all that were leaving (people are still needed to build cars).

Finally, when Clinton left office, he had a surplus, period. You cannot deny it, spin it, and you definitely shouldn't bash it. When taking over the White House everyone would love to be in the positive column of their checkbook instead of the negative. So why is it when Bush left we were no longer in the positive but in the negative and everyone thinks it is absolutely o.k.?? Why? Wouldn't we all love to blow thru someone's else extra money and not be responsible for it later. It would upset me, I guess you don't feel the same way?? The checkbook should of been balanced correctly, but to blame the next guy because he can't turn it around, is just plain crazy. How would anyone balance this checkbook now without cuts, taxes, and things that we don't want to do but have to? Your right, spending might not be the answer but I would love to hear your solution to balancing the checkbook. All politicians should be held accountable and have the books balanced when leaving office no matter what it cost, period. In the long run, it is only going to get uglier not easier.

You are absolutely right, NAFTA sucks big time but in all fairness to say that it was Clinton's idea would be a disservice. That was definitely a Republican Congress pushing for Clinton to sign it and by all counts he should of said no. What makes him any different than what we have running in Michigan now with a gov. preaching that he is going to add jobs when half the Discera Inc, that he owns is in China. Detroit News did a story about this very thing yesterday. Again, a Republican wanna be governor who has a track record for sending jobs overseas while his company makes Big profits! Good for his company, good for his wallet, bad for Michigan period. Listen everyone knows the jobs problem in this country but most economist will say that if we continue to make lower pay and produce a product that we can not afford ourselves, it will be the end of the economic recovery. This is a fact, Republicans feel that auto industry people have it too good, rich with benefits, pensions, and pay compared to most people. Who were they comparing us to...Mexico, China, India?? Could you make it on $14.00/hour, feeding a family of 4 and still live a lifestyle that is decent. Good school districts, nice house, a product (car) that you produce?? When Obama took over Manufacturing jobs had already been leaving this country. To blame it on him, that would be just stupid. He wasn't in office when floods of people from the autos lined up to take buyouts starting in 2006/2007. He wasn't in office when places like Thailand, Mexico, and other foreign countries put in state of the art manufacturing overseas. Ford Motor company was doing poorly way before Obama took office. We had a meeting that representatives pretty much told us that the company would run out of money before Mullaly took over, way before Obama came into office/hence the buyout plan. While many thought the buyout plan was great, some people like myself, knew this was a great way to bring people eventually in at half the pay to eventually replace all that were leaving (people are still needed to build cars).

Finally, when Clinton left office, he had a surplus, period. You cannot deny it, spin it, and you definitely shouldn't bash it. When taking over the White House everyone would love to be in the positive column of their checkbook instead of the negative. So why is it when Bush left we were no longer in the positive but in the negative and everyone thinks it is absolutely o.k.?? Why? Wouldn't we all love to blow thru someone's else extra money and not be responsible for it later. It would upset me, I guess you don't feel the same way?? The checkbook should of been balanced correctly, but to blame the next guy because he can't turn it around, is just plain crazy. How would anyone balance this checkbook now without cuts, taxes, and things that we don't want to do but have to? Your right, spending might not be the answer but I would love to hear your solution to balancing the checkbook. All politicians should be held accountable and have the books balanced when leaving office no matter what it cost, period. In the long run, it is only going to get uglier not easier.

STOP the blame game!!! Your leader has taught you well. We are all well aware of the current problems we have with our economy. Talking about how we got there and who is at fault only distracts from finding solutions. The guy that has been out of work for a couple of years does not care about pointing fingers.

The question I posed was...What has OBAMA done to encourage ANY type of manufacturing jobs return to the US? I will answer that for you...He has done NOTHING and he will continue to do nothing. RAISING taxes on business surely is not an invitation back to the US. Hell other countries are begging for our manufacturing, they have created policy that invites companies to their countries. Don't you think it's time our PRES/GOV put America first.? SO by your theory if I go into business to make money it's F me? If I can net 250000 out of my business in the US OR I can net out 350000 from it elsewhere I should settle for the 250000? Our Gov. encourages business to LEAVE... NOT STAY!!! Having said that Please answer this question DO you think that by raising taxes on business as OBAMA wants to do that will encourage MORE business to LEAVE or STAY? GET IT?? Now to your question...How do you balance a checkbook.....SPEND LESS THAN YOU HAVE!!! YOU DO NOT KEEP RAISING THE BAR!!! I have heard nothing but taxing the rich from Obama YET I have heard nothing about cuts. What is he going to cut. In fact for the past couple weeks he has been campaigning on another 50 billion needs to be spent. First thing I would cut.. Giving money for nothing. I am not saying people should not get unemployment or women welfare for kids if they need it but why don't we expect something in return??? Our cities, counties ,states are broke.....why can't we put the people who get this money to work... in parks, hospitals, daycare. old folks homes, places that have had to cut. WHY something for nothing???? Like I said before...AMERICANS want jobs not handouts. So come on, talk is cheap. If OBAMA was all about UNIONS he would not be tryjing to drive more of our jobs overseas. He could be lowering taxes and giving incentives to come back. So because he has that big D behind his name you can go ahead and blindly follow like a animal to slaughter OR you can STOP making excuses for him and DEMAND more from him. FINALLY just so you know if you plan on taking any profits from your Ford stock...you better do it this year because the tax on that is going up and if you inherate some great property from uncle Louie that he bought 50 years ago for 20 grand but is now worth 1 million...better hope in this lousy realestate market you can sell it before the gov takes it ...that tax will almost double... SO saying TAXES will not go up if you don't make over 200000 is a BULLSHIT LIE and your guy knows it. Those taxes apply to everyone...NOW tell me how he's NOT raising my taxes.

You do realize how the US Government works right?

And you do know that for 6 of Clinton's 8 years in Office, the Republicans had control of the Senate and Congress?

Next time brush up on your history before you embarrass yourself by contradicting your own statement.

I have know idea How the US Government works but once it's cleaned up, maybe I will have an answer for you. You guys are funny! everybody thinks they knows how the works. Since I don't know, let me give you my opinion. The Government are the employees and Wallstreet, Big Bankers, Insurance Companies...all the huge Corporations are the employers, they are in full control plus they dictates how our Government will work. Why? because they have the Old Mighty $$$$ right? Let me embarrass myself again, I think Clinton did a good job as President. If I say John did a good job as a supervisor but management will always screw us, that not contradicting my statement, I don't have to make John guilty by association. I was only comparing Clinton to how the Gov has operated for the last 10 years.

STOP the blame game!!! Your leader has taught you well. We are all well aware of the current problems we have with our economy. Talking about how we got there and who is at fault only distracts from finding solutions. The guy that has been out of work for a couple of years does not care about pointing fingers.

The question I posed was...What has OBAMA done to encourage ANY type of manufacturing jobs return to the US? I will answer that for you...He has done NOTHING and he will continue to do nothing. RAISING taxes on business surely is not an invitation back to the US. Hell other countries are begging for our manufacturing, they have created policy that invites companies to their countries. Don't you think it's time our PRES/GOV put America first.? SO by your theory if I go into business to make money it's F me? If I can net 250000 out of my business in the US OR I can net out 350000 from it elsewhere I should settle for the 250000? Our Gov. encourages business to LEAVE... NOT STAY!!! Having said that Please answer this question DO you think that by raising taxes on business as OBAMA wants to do that will encourage MORE business to LEAVE or STAY? GET IT?? Now to your question...How do you balance a checkbook.....SPEND LESS THAN YOU HAVE!!! YOU DO NOT KEEP RAISING THE BAR!!! I have heard nothing but taxing the rich from Obama YET I have heard nothing about cuts. What is he going to cut. In fact for the past couple weeks he has been campaigning on another 50 billion needs to be spent. First thing I would cut.. Giving money for nothing. I am not saying people should not get unemployment or women welfare for kids if they need it but why don't we expect something in return??? Our cities, counties ,states are broke.....why can't we put the people who get this money to work... in parks, hospitals, daycare. old folks homes, places that have had to cut. WHY something for nothing???? Like I said before...AMERICANS want jobs not handouts. So come on, talk is cheap. If OBAMA was all about UNIONS he would not be tryjing to drive more of our jobs overseas. He could be lowering taxes and giving incentives to come back. So because he has that big D behind his name you can go ahead and blindly follow like a animal to slaughter OR you can STOP making excuses for him and DEMAND more from him. FINALLY just so you know if you plan on taking any profits from your Ford stock...you better do it this year because the tax on that is going up and if you inherate some great property from uncle Louie that he bought 50 years ago for 20 grand but is now worth 1 million...better hope in this lousy realestate market you can sell it before the gov takes it ...that tax will almost double... SO saying TAXES will not go up if you don't make over 200000 is a BULLSHIT LIE and your guy knows it. Those taxes apply to everyone...NOW tell me how he's NOT raising my taxes.

Dude, slow down. Surplus (= ) extra money for the new guy so no new taxes would have to be created. New guy comes in (Bush) and surplus is spent big time and a negative balance is then passed along to the new guy (Obama), not just a small negative balance but a HUGH negative balance with a housing market in shambles, unemployment on the rise, and an unfinished war that should of never started in the first place. How hard is it for you to understand that?

(A) Somehow that negative revenue has to be returned to balance the books

(B) The new guy surely will not be able to balance the budget unless some kind of tax is put in

© Yes, people have to go back to work to pay taxes, but in all fairness, jobs have been leaving overseas and it just did not start 2 years ago, wake up! Walmart has been in operation long before the Obama administration making the lead-filled junk from China when toys used to be manufactured in the States.

(D) Again, your man put the expiration date on the elimination of the business tax not Obama.

(E) I absolutely totally 100% agree with you that we need to spend less so where were you when Bush was not following that simple plan?

(F) Finally, you really believe the problem can be fixed in 2 short years, no way, no how, can't do it, will not happen.

(G) Finding solutions takes time.

(H) one more, before I go, before Bush was in office and before we had the business tax savings, we did have a surplus right? Am I wrong? Those businesses were not getting all the gravy tax breaks before (go back to 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, etc. (damn, all those years we were all getting Big profit sharing checks as well)!! Again, it will be an elimination of tax breaks not a raise in them.

Dude, slow down. Surplus (= ) extra money for the new guy so no new taxes would have to be created. New guy comes in (Bush) and surplus is spent big time and a negative balance is then passed along to the new guy (Obama), not just a small negative balance but a HUGH negative balance with a housing market in shambles, unemployment on the rise, and an unfinished war that should of never started in the first place. How hard is it for you to understand that?

(A) Somehow that negative revenue has to be returned to balance the books

(B) The new guy surely will not be able to balance the budget unless some kind of tax is put in

© Yes, people have to go back to work to pay taxes, but in all fairness, jobs have been leaving overseas and it just did not start 2 years ago, wake up! Walmart has been in operation long before the Obama administration making the lead-filled junk from China when toys used to be manufactured in the States.

(D) Again, your man put the expiration date on the elimination of the business tax not Obama.

(E) I absolutely totally 100% agree with you that we need to spend less so where were you when Bush was not following that simple plan?

(F) Finally, you really believe the problem can be fixed in 2 short years, no way, no how, can't do it, will not happen.

(G) Finding solutions takes time.

(H) one more, before I go, before Bush was in office and before we had the business tax savings, we did have a surplus right? Am I wrong? Those businesses were not getting all the gravy tax breaks before (go back to 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, etc. (damn, all those years we were all getting Big profit sharing checks as well)!! Again, it will be an elimination of tax breaks not a raise in them.

I thought he was going to end the war? What happened?

(A) No it don't, you can do it by cutting spending.

(B) Once again, cut spending.

© What does Walmart have to do with it?

(D) I agree with that, he also screwed up when they didn't cut spending to go along with the tax cuts.

A question about this point. Why after the tax cuts did the government have record tax reciepts?

(E) I can't speak for others but I was complaining about it and many on here know.

(F) Agree and will take it one step further. Take a good look at the current situation and there is no way out.

(G) You can also look to history.

(H) Did the current mortgage mess have anything to do with it as people were using there houses as ATM's. How about the internet, tech BOOM. Did that play a big part?

I thought he was going to end the war? What happened?

(A) No it don't, you can do it by cutting spending.

(B) Once again, cut spending.

© What does Walmart have to do with it?

(D) I agree with that, he also screwed up when they didn't cut spending to go along with the tax cuts.

A question about this point. Why after the tax cuts did the government have record tax reciepts?

(E) I can't speak for others but I was complaining about it and many on here know.

(F) Agree and will take it one step further. Take a good look at the current situation and there is no way out.

(G) You can also look to history.

(H) Did the current mortgage mess have anything to do with it as people were using there houses as ATM's. How about the internet, tech BOOM. Did that play a big part?

What Mr Cap said, and then some--------------->1. Trim is wrong, we can grow out of this mess. 2. We can't grow an economy if major businesses want to leave that manufacture. 3. The Democrats are beholden to saving the planet, which is why they are anti manufacturing. 4. It has been widely reported (although I have not verified it personally) that a family of 4 making 40,000 a year will have a tax hike of around 230 bucks a month. Remember, that is of TAKEHOME dollars, which with all taxes included that are not income taxe, already being hit after they take it home by at least 8 or 9%. Does that sound like someone rich? 5. The logic of conservatives is simple, and it goes like this----------->if the government pays someone 400 dollars unemployment, that is a loss to the government of around 300 after they take back 100 of what they give them. But, if you LOWER tax rate on business so they expand, the government no longer loses that 300 if they are hired, plus that person now pays taxes from another source of income besides the government.

This is how capitalism works! Where democrats lose their way is really simple--------------->they want green, they want this, they want that; so what happens is.........they use the tax code to push a segment of the economy they want, while screwing a segment of the economy they don't. EXAMPLE: In Illinois they are hiring people to man the new C02 collectors, and taking bids for land to put the underground holding tanks in. Where did the money come from? From the feds, 1 billion samolians!!!!! It doesn't matter if they are needed or not, lol, they are there because the feds say so; so a private contractor will build what they want. It is akin to the "bridge in the middle of nowhere."

On the other hand, what was Al Gore clamoring for along with many current dems? Why a raise in the gasoline tax, lol. If we need more gasoline or energy, the private sector will get it, but the feds (DEMS) don't want that. No coal conversion, (dirty) no extra drilling, (anti planet) anything that comes up with a solution that todays technology can solve is OVER RULED.

This is called WASHINGTON CONTROL, and not FREE MARKET. This is also one of the reasons that many of us define Obama, Pelosi, Frank, etc as socialists. They know better than everyone else does. They will force their way of thinking by more tax, or less tax, depending upon if they want success or not. They have no proof of anything, just supposition that just as many in the scientific community say is poppycock. They are not interested in the economy growing with jobs that do not suit their agenda.

The last thing I will remind you autoworkers of is this----------->so many of you desparage President Bush. You have valid points on much of his failures, and conveintly ignore his successes, but that is ok. Let us roll back time to when he was 1st elected. What if he would have lost.......lost to Al Gore?

We know Al Gore is a total greenie. (for everyone except himself) We also know that the book he wrote...........understand, HE WROTE IT.................he proclaimed that the number 1 threat to mankind was the internal combustion engine.............AKA, AUTOMOBILES. Where would you be now, those of you who are still working? How much would gasoline be after he was done with it? And remember, the DEMOCRATS GOT CONTROL OF CONGRESS, so woulda been a rubber stamp if they could.

You can proclaim innocence or ignorance, either way you like, but these people are Socialists, period, and you are selling your soul to them for the express purpose of thinking they will take care of you.

For you people who have been out of a job for a looooong period of time, hows that hope and change working out for ya! Are ya taken care of yet? Wouldn't you rather find a job and take care of yourself and your family? I bet you would!

What Mr Cap said, and then some--------------->1. Trim is wrong, we can grow out of this mess. 2. We can't grow an economy if major businesses want to leave that manufacture. 3. The Democrats are beholden to saving the planet, which is why they are anti manufacturing. 4. It has been widely reported (although I have not verified it personally) that a family of 4 making 40,000 a year will have a tax hike of around 230 bucks a month. Remember, that is of TAKEHOME dollars, which with all taxes included that are not income taxe, already being hit after they take it home by at least 8 or 9%. Does that sound like someone rich? 5. The logic of conservatives is simple, and it goes like this----------->if the government pays someone 400 dollars unemployment, that is a loss to the government of around 300 after they take back 100 of what they give them. But, if you LOWER tax rate on business so they expand, the government no longer loses that 300 if they are hired, plus that person now pays taxes from another source of income besides the government.

This is how capitalism works! Where democrats lose their way is really simple--------------->they want green, they want this, they want that; so what happens is.........they use the tax code to push a segment of the economy they want, while screwing a segment of the economy they don't. EXAMPLE: In Illinois they are hiring people to man the new C02 collectors, and taking bids for land to put the underground holding tanks in. Where did the money come from? From the feds, 1 billion samolians!!!!! It doesn't matter if they are needed or not, lol, they are there because the feds say so; so a private contractor will build what they want. It is akin to the "bridge in the middle of nowhere."

On the other hand, what was Al Gore clamoring for along with many current dems? Why a raise in the gasoline tax, lol. If we need more gasoline or energy, the private sector will get it, but the feds (DEMS) don't want that. No coal conversion, (dirty) no extra drilling, (anti planet) anything that comes up with a solution that todays technology can solve is OVER RULED.

This is called WASHINGTON CONTROL, and not FREE MARKET. This is also one of the reasons that many of us define Obama, Pelosi, Frank, etc as socialists. They know better than everyone else does. They will force their way of thinking by more tax, or less tax, depending upon if they want success or not. They have no proof of anything, just supposition that just as many in the scientific community say is poppycock. They are not interested in the economy growing with jobs that do not suit their agenda.

The last thing I will remind you autoworkers of is this----------->so many of you desparage President Bush. You have valid points on much of his failures, and conveintly ignore his successes, but that is ok. Let us roll back time to when he was 1st elected. What if he would have lost.......lost to Al Gore?

We know Al Gore is a total greenie. (for everyone except himself) We also know that the book he wrote...........understand, HE WROTE IT.................he proclaimed that the number 1 threat to mankind was the internal combustion engine.............AKA, AUTOMOBILES. Where would you be now, those of you who are still working? How much would gasoline be after he was done with it? And remember, the DEMOCRATS GOT CONTROL OF CONGRESS, so woulda been a rubber stamp if they could.

You can proclaim innocence or ignorance, either way you like, but these people are Socialists, period, and you are selling your soul to them for the express purpose of thinking they will take care of you.

For you people who have been out of a job for a looooong period of time, hows that hope and change working out for ya! Are ya taken care of yet? Wouldn't you rather find a job and take care of yourself and your family? I bet you would!

I seen one that said a family of 4 making 50,000 would see a hike of an average of 2,500.

I seen one that said a family of 4 making 50,000 would see a hike of an average of 2,500.

[

according to my calculations on $112k my taxes increase about $5500.

now it takes working until April for the average American to pay his yearly taxes, not a good thing. Soon it will take until June!