Chile Miners

louie

Anyone know if the sunglasses the miners were wearing during the rescue are availible to the general public or are they perscripsion.

I would like to get a pair. Pretty cool glasses and a great ending to a sad story.

Not sure if they are available to the general public, but I remember seeing they are 100% UV block Oakley's and were $450/pair (Oakley donated them).

Anyone know if the sunglasses the miners were wearing during the rescue are availible to the general public or are they perscripsion.

I would like to get a pair. Pretty cool glasses and a great ending to a sad story.

Oakley "donated" the glasses and has received millions in free advertising.

Oakley "donated" the glasses and has received millions in free advertising.

Actually, that "free" advertising cost them $15k. Not a lot for a big company, but seriously, I don't understand why people rag on companies for donating stuff with no strings attached. It is advertising, yes, and it is a tax writeoff, but hey, they didn't have to donate them!

Actually, that "free" advertising cost them $15k. Not a lot for a big company, but seriously, I don't understand why people rag on companies for donating stuff with no strings attached. It is advertising, yes, and it is a tax writeoff, but hey, they didn't have to donate them!

Nobody is ""ragging"" on anyone. Just passing along a little info.