Ecoboost and AWD??

tucker_bmd

Does anyone know if the 2011 Edge with the I4 EcoBoost will be available with AWD? For example, the 2011 Explorer with that engine is a FWD only. Thanks.

If you look at this thread, that has the Edge Order Guide. The 2011 Edge does not offer the I4 EcoBoost engine. It only comes with a 3.5 L or a 3.7 L V-6 and you can get that in either FWD or AWD.

If you look at this release by Ford, http://www.thefordstory.com/our-plan-progress/new-2011-ford-edge-shown-at-chicago-auto-show/

it says they will offer the I4 Eco in the 2011, just not at the start of production.

"In addition, the arrival of the new 2.0-liter EcoBoost I-4 engine in the months ahead will give customers still more choice and will deliver class-leading fuel economy with impressive power and torque. The new EcoBoost I-4 will be mated to a six-speed transmission that will help channel the impressive performance from the new EcoBoost engine. With the introduction of the 2.0-liter EcoBoost I-4, fuel economy on the new Edge will be 30 percent better than it was in 2006. Plus, Ford’s newest EcoBoost engine will deliver on the promise of 15 percent fuel economy improvements versus the Edge’s current 3.5-liter V-6 engine while offering the performance feel of a six-cylinder."

So, I was hoping someone in the know knows if it will come with AWD.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've read it is coming next year with 240 HP and great gas mileage. I'd provide a link if only I could remember where I read it. Sorry. If I come across it again, I'll update.

Hopefully, they are going to put that Engine in the MKX as well. So far, I couldn't find any info on that.

Hopefully, they are going to put that Engine in the MKX as well. So far, I couldn't find any info on that.

I work at oakville and i spoke to the plant manager about the ecoboost and he said it was being delayed until the 2012 model year,preverence going to the explorer launch.2012 models to be built in august.Don't know if there will awd on them.Engine will also be offered on the mkx.

I work at oakville and i spoke to the plant manager about the ecoboost and he said it was being delayed until the 2012 model year,preverence going to the explorer launch.2012 models to be built in august.Don't know if there will awd on them.Engine will also be offered on the mkx.

Thanks, ifork4u!

Great news it's coming to the MKX as well! Since we are planning to buy one at the end of the year (well into MY2012), that would be great timing. :happy feet:

Edited by EcoBoost