Lima Engine

fantasyfrank

i work at lap , and received an automated call for the opening at lima, then it proceeded to say due to volume that in 2012 you would possibly be going to the cleveland facility. They also stated the transfer could be as early as nov 1st

Edited by zj3
  • Like 1

This is not what we have been told.The 250 -300 jobs are to be termed long-term temporary. They have tested last weekend and are testing again this weekend .

They will hire a handful of temps as they always do for a launch or additional shift. The temps could be 20 to 40 people for about 2 months then let go.

The remaining jobs (258) will be permanent as posted and following the CBA.

People that post rumors that do not have the facts simply do no justice for us during these times. As always I get my information from a reliable source (Chairman, President, Region...etc) and not a keyboard jockey.

• Like 2

They will hire a handful of temps as they always do for a launch or additional shift. The temps could be 20 to 40 people for about 2 months then let go.

People that post rumors that do not have the facts simply do no justice for us during these times. As always I get my information from a reliable source (Chairman, President, Region...etc) and not a keyboard jockey.

Well done.

Thanks for posting real facts. :stats: :stats: :stats:

• Like 1

I got my information from the plant manager at our state of the plant meeting.

• Like 1

I got my information from the plant manager at our state of the plant meeting.

Plant Manager is not a reliable source. They cause most of the problems in the plants.

Again talk to your Chairman, President or Region if you want facts.....

The postings are up and we are signing up for opportunities now.....

Grimshaw

Will the transfers from Lima (presently working at Sandusky ACH) be required to return to LEP?

Current fracas at Sandusky is over OHAP transfers being forced back home, while LEP transfers are not (allegedly).

Anyone have facts on this matter?

Thanks

The fact is they are posting the openings but the people who have already signed to go to Lima and RTBU's will get first opportunity. The openings are permanent sort of. The jobs will be moving to Cleveland Engine.

The 258 jobs to Lima are permanent.

Tentatively volume may transfer to Cleveland in 12 to 18 months. If so there will be a voluntary transfer of operationsto Cleveland.

Heard Lima is a country club..........

• Like 1

The fact is they are posting the openings but the people who have already signed to go to Lima and RTBU's will get first opportunity. The openings are permanent sort of. The jobs will be moving to Cleveland Engine.

Oh yes, the jobs are permanent....if you have the seniority to stay you stay IF the jobs move to Cleveland, if you dont have the seniority you will have to look at other options.
  • Like 1

Plant Manager is not a reliable source. They cause most of the problems in the plants.

Again talk to your Chairman, President or Region if you want facts.....

The postings are up and we are signing up for opportunities now.....

Grimshaw

As usual we can't get any straight answers from our union people as of right now they are all too busy out campaigning for Democrats instead of answering their dues paying members questions.

• Like 1

Can you guys post copys of the postings on this. Thread so we can see the wording.

This is what we have been told. Extra Ford shift means 250 jobs

Comments 16

October 19, 2010 6:23 PM

Bart Mills

Published Oct. 20, 2010

LIMA — The addition of a third shift at the Ford Engine Plant will mean about 250 more jobs for the community.

On Monday, Ford officials announced plans to add a third shift at the plant to keep up with an increased demand for the Lima-built Duratec engines, but gave few details of the plan. Tuesday, union leaders offered up those details.

According to Dave Rabe, president of United Auto Workers union Local 1219, the new shift will mean about 250 new positions, including the recall of 15 to 20 employees out on layoffs.

“This is great news to our plant,” Rabe said.

The new workers will be brought in starting in November and most crews should be on by the end of the year, Rabe said. New employees will be hired through the Allen County Department of Job and Family Services, according to Ford spokeswoman Marcey Evans.

Rabe would not say how much the new hires would make. The union agreed in 2007 to let some new workers start at about $14 an hour, and pay a larger share of their health insurance premiums. In recent months, Ford has negotiated with some plants to allow them to bring in new hires at that second-tier rate — about half the current assembly worker’s wage.

The need for a third shift is the result of increased sales of vehicles sporting the Lima-built 3.5- and 3.7-liter V6 engines, including the popular Taurus and some new models for 2011, Rabe said.

“This is driven by the sales of the new Edge and the launch of the new Explorer,” Rabe said. “Both of these vehicles will be powered by Lima engines.”

told..

This is what we have been told. Extra Ford shift means 250 jobs

Comments 16

October 19, 2010 6:23 PM

Bart Mills

Published Oct. 20, 2010

LIMA — The addition of a third shift at the Ford Engine Plant will mean about 250 more jobs for the community.

On Monday, Ford officials announced plans to add a third shift at the plant to keep up with an increased demand for the Lima-built Duratec engines, but gave few details of the plan. Tuesday, union leaders offered up those details.

According to Dave Rabe, president of United Auto Workers union Local 1219, the new shift will mean about 250 new positions, including the recall RTBU of 15 to 20 employees out on layoffs.

“This is great news to our plant,” Rabe said.

The new workers (258 from other Ford loications) will be brought in starting in November and most crews should be on by the end of the year, Rabe said. New employees (20 to 40 short term temps) will be hired through the Allen County Department of Job and Family Services, according to Ford spokeswoman Marcey Evans.

Rabe would not say how much the new hires would make (short term temps). The union agreed in 2007 to let some new workers start at about $14 an hour, and pay a larger share of their health insurance premiums. In recent months, Ford has negotiated with some plants to allow them to bring in new hires at that second-tier rate — about half the current assembly worker’s wage.

The need for a third shift is the result of increased sales of vehicles sporting the Lima-built 3.5- and 3.7-liter V6 engines, including the popular Taurus and some new models for 2011, Rabe said.

“This is driven by the sales of the new Edge and the launch of the new Explorer,” Rabe said. “Both of these vehicles will be powered by Lima engines.”

told..