Lima Engine

fantasyfrank

At this point, looking long term, everyone would be better served, if these people who have signed to come to Lima were sent/forced to CAP. The people that are moving would have longer term stability for their families as well as not displacing anyone locally when the volume drops off in a few months. It would also save the company a boat load of cash paying moving allowances one time as opposed to paying people to move to Lima, then paying people to move from Lima. Not to mention, the entire UAW rank and file would be best served as to the fact the language in the master agreement would be honored.

These people that are slated to come to Lima will have little or no effect on me personally, due to my seniority. I am, however, greatly concerned about the well being of our younger/junior people here at Lima that WILL be displaced.

Warning Lima transfers

With members like lep wrencher working at Lima watch your back.

I wish the best to all of you reporting to Lima and hopefully lep wrencher is the only one that has a problem with the transfers.

IUAW follows the contract and lep wrencher has a problem with it. Go figure

Warning Lima transfers

I wish the best to all of you reporting to Lima and hopefully lep wrencher is the only one that has a problem with the transfers.

IUAW only follows the contract when it suits them, just like the company. If they HAD followed the contract and FORCED movements to CAP, per the contractual placement heirarchy, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Why didn't IUAW follow the master agreement then???? You seem to have all the answers, answer that one question. I don't believe that you are capable of giving one logical answer as to why IUAW didn't honor the contract then. Members, such as yourself, who are either unable or unwilling to question the leadership of the IUAW will be the downfall of the our union. Those who do not or will not question those in positions of authority are doomed to become subjects, not members. If, by myself and others, questioning the actions of our leadership makes me a back-stabber, I believe is the phrase you really meant to use, then so be it.

Most of the people who do show up at LEP, just like in the past, will be treated respectfully by most. We did get a few transfers that were probably the bottom of the barrel at their former plants. So, if you are coming to LEP and are a deadbeat, don't expect much because you will be treated like the POS that you are. If you come to work every day and do your job, you'll fit in and get along just fine.

IUAW only follows the contract when it suits them, just like the company. If they HAD followed the contract and FORCED movements to CAP, per the contractual placement heirarchy, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Why didn't IUAW follow the master agreement then???? You seem to have all the answers, answer that one question. I don't believe that you are capable of giving one logical answer as to why IUAW didn't honor the contract then. Members, such as yourself, who are either unable or unwilling to question the leadership of the IUAW will be the downfall of the our union. Those who do not or will not question those in positions of authority are doomed to become subjects, not members. If, by myself and others, questioning the actions of our leadership makes me a back-stabber, I believe is the phrase you really meant to use, then so be it.

Most of the people who do show up at LEP, just like in the past, will be treated respectfully by most. We did get a few transfers that were probably the bottom of the barrel at their former plants. So, if you are coming to LEP and are a deadbeat, don't expect much because you will be treated like the POS that you are. If you come to work every day and do your job, you'll fit in and get along just fine.

Hello I just want to say that we, here in Indy were not laid off when the CAP postings came up

Look LEP its obvious you have a problem with the transfers. Fine.

I can answer your question on CAP because it is so obvious as to why the IUAW protected 700 members from getting forced to CAP.

700 members did not have to sell their homes unvoluntarily.

700 members did not have a strained marriage for moving unvoluntarily

700 members did not have to tell their kids they were moving away from their friends

700 members did not have to take a loss on their homes

700 members etc, etc, etc...

The IUAW did what they could to protect as many members as possible.

The same for Lima. They took volunteers and did not force anyone.

The posting was clear, product has potential to go to Cleveland in 18 months. Everything was disclosed on the posting. Imo I dont believe that product is going to Cleveland.

I hope you have a change of heart and welome the transfers ( including 2 of my friends) with open arms and include them in your circle of friends at work.

Warning Lima transfers

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES!!! :finger:

the lima news announced today that only 10 temps that are currently in orientation this week will be getting hired, the rest have quit other jobs to come here to work for one week, that is poor management on fords part. these people have lives too. i do believe the transfers have first choice at these jobs but why did ford jump the gun and hire people just to lay them off the next week???

Look LEP its obvious you have a problem with the transfers. Fine.

I can answer your question on CAP because it is so obvious as to why the IUAW protected 700 members from getting forced to CAP.

700 members did not have to sell their homes unvoluntarily.

700 members did not have a strained marriage for moving unvoluntarily

700 members did not have to tell their kids they were moving away from their friends

700 members did not have to take a loss on their homes

700 members etc, etc, etc...

The IUAW did what they could to protect as many members as possible.

The same for Lima. They took volunteers and did not force anyone.

The posting was clear, product has potential to go to Cleveland in 18 months. Everything was disclosed on the posting. Imo I dont believe that product is going to Cleveland.

I hope you have a change of heart and welome the transfers ( including 2 of my friends) with open arms and include them in your circle of friends at work.

I do not have a problem with transfers!!! What I do have a problem with is the way in which this whole situation has been and will be mismanaged by both the company and IUAW. It was IUAW who signed off on hiring temps here. As a result, we went through the process and the company, locally, told alot of people that they were hired. As a result the individuals quit their jobs to come here. The IUAW changes it's mind in mid-stream and quiet a few people got screwed. These people don't have the benefit of SUB, let alone being able to draw unemployment, due to the fact the QUIT a job to come to work at Ford.

And Loiue, tell your buddies when they arrive to start talking to people in the engineering staff. They are the only salaried employees that will tell the truth. They will tell your friends that this volume increase is temporary. They will also tell them that the D35/37 is going away because due to future CAFE standards. The program itself, here at LEP, will be gone within 5 years.

Superfly is right. The people coming in will be treated well, unless the show they deserve otherwise. Which we did get a couple of those the last time we took in transfers, but we also got in some really great people.

Edited by lep_wrencher

the lima news announced today that only 10 temps that are currently in orientation this week will be getting hired, the rest have quit other jobs to come here to work for one week, that is poor management on fords part. these people have lives too. i do believe the transfers have first choice at these jobs but why did ford jump the gun and hire people just to lay them off the next week???

only 10 temps will be hired after orientation? just how many temps are in orientation at this moment??

Because as usual the current management in labor relations at Lima has once again had their head buried up their ass.

I do not have a problem with transfers!!! What I do have a problem with is the way in which this whole situation has been and will be mismanaged by both the company and IUAW. It was IUAW who signed off on hiring temps here. As a result, we went through the process and the company, locally, told alot of people that they were hired. As a result the individuals quit their jobs to come here. The IUAW changes it's mind in mid-stream and quiet a few people got screwed. These people don't have the benefit of SUB, let alone being able to draw unemployment, due to the fact the QUIT a job to come to work at Ford.

And Loiue, tell your buddies when they arrive to start talking to people in the engineering staff. They are the only salaried employees that will tell the truth. They will tell your friends that this volume increase is temporary. They will also tell them that the D35/37 is going away because due to future CAFE standards. The program itself, here at LEP, will be gone within 5 years.

Superfly is right. The people coming in will be treated well, unless the show they deserve otherwise. Which we did get a couple of those the last time we took in transfers, but we also got in some really great people.

Lou, Wrencher

Fact of the matter is the Lima management tried hiring temps on the sly so they did not have to have full wages workers at Lima. They did contact and test for openings without IUAW approval. They continued to try and hire temps and the IUAW stopped the hiring and made them follow the hierarchy.

It makes good headlines to claim the IUAW as the problem here when actually they made Lima management follow the agreement. Nothing more nothing less.

Continue you childless bickering if you must but the truth has been spoken

Thank God for the UAW

Edited by Grim Reaper
  • Like 1

You mentioned the D35/37 is going away within 5yrs.....how many people will this effect?

You mentioned the D35/37 is going away within 5yrs.....how many people will this effect?

Frank,

Wrencher is as gullible as they come. He believes everything "the company" tells him. Lima management or any Ford management will lie, twist, stretch and tell half truths to scare the workers. 5 years is a long time. Sure there may be variables of the base 3.5/3.7 like adding the eco boost and boom its a 10 year or more life cycle. The 3.5/3.7 is the most advanced engine offered bt any manufacturer and Ford will keep it around a long time.

Dont think for a minute the eco boost is done in 5 years. Its just plain dumb.

Wrencher is pissed because, his brother, sister, nieghbor and nephew were told they wont be hired because "the UAW" is the bad guy here for making Lima management follow the agreement.

Wrencher is pissed because he is low seniority and believes the company on everything they tell him. Wrencher is happy with letting the company violate the agreement and keeping our members out of Lima

Again the IUAW is just enforcing the contract.................... Is that wrong?

They are protecting our own and especially our brothers and sisters at closing ACH plants.

I heard over half of the people going to LIma are from ACH plants specifically Indy :happy feet:

. Thank the UAW for following the contract and getting those brothers and sisters a chance to transfer full time so they can plan their lives and not have to worry about a plant closing by the end of the year.

Frank,

Wrencher is as gullible as they come. He believes everything "the company" tells him. Lima management or any Ford management will lie, twist, stretch and tell half truths to scare the workers. 5 years is a long time. Sure there may be variables of the base 3.5/3.7 like adding the eco boost and boom its a 10 year or more life cycle. The 3.5/3.7 is the most advanced engine offered bt any manufacturer and Ford will keep it around a long time.

Wrencher is pissed because, his brother, sister, nieghbor and nephew were told they wont be hired because "the UAW" is the bad guy here for making Lima management follow the agreement.

Wrencher is pissed because he is low seniority and believes the company on everything they tell him. Wrencher is happy with letting the company violate the agreement and keeping our members out of Lima

Again the IUAW is just enforcing the contract.................... Is that wrong?

They are protecting our own and especially our brothers and sisters at closing ACH plants.

I heard over half of the people going to LIma are from ACH plants specifically Indy :happy feet:

. Thank the UAW for following the contract and getting those brothers and sisters a chance to transfer full time so they can plan their lives and not have to worry about a plant closing by the end of the year.

you are correct! I'm glad the iuaw is making them follow the contract! hope the 3.5/3.7 lives long!

Edited by dark271

Frank,

62 people from Indy took it. Edited by ford02

LEP is my home plant, and I welcome my new co-workers to Lima. I have been a transfer and I know what you are going through. I appreciate the hard long-fought negotiations our past representatives went thru to get a national transfer agreement in our contract. It is a job security issue, and whether it affects you positively or negatively, it's important to understand why we have this agreement; to secure the jobs of those workers who have paid dues their whole lives. Let us continue to win jobs for our fellow Americans through good faith bargaining, but let us not forget the ones who have worked hard for this company the longest. Respect for seniority is at the core of our agruments, as well as our agreement. It is a principle that we should never surrender.